+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When you listen to Garth...

When you listen to Garth...

what are your emootions? how does he make you feel? the way he sings.. the lyrics.. the music...etc. :)
    <br>
    <br>For me, when I listen to The Hits, it feels like he's singing right to me with no-one else around.. just a private concert, just me and him. :) And when I listen to DL, I feel like I'm at the concert.. that makes me feel good and excited :)
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>Vanessa :)N

RE: When you listen to Garth...

he brings me up when I'm feeling down.
    <br>And when I'm not feeling down, ... he brings me up anyway.
    <br>
    <br>Paul. :)N
    There's only one race and that's mankind

I just like listening to him:)
    <br>
    <br>Brian:)N

I'd have to agree with Paul. No matter how I'm feeling, hearing Garth makes me feel better.
    <br>
    <br>LisaN
    Dreams can come true with God's great angels like you.
    Completely Wrapped Up in Garth, and loving it!

My heart gets real warm and cozy, like a fire burning.N

He really gets my adrenaline pumping. Makes me feel very happy and, like fuzzwuzz said, warm and cozy like all is right with the world.:)
    <br>
    <br>Lisa N
    "If I only had a brain"

Depends on the song... but they are all very good emotions.
    <br>
    <br>First song I heard today was "The Old Stuff"... that always gets my foot taping and fun to sing along as I work.N
    But you've got to be tough when consumed by desire
    'Cause it's not enough just to stand outside the fire

I gotta admit, sometimes that fire does turn into quite the sudden Fever as well! It could burn the house down!N

Garth is my safe place.
    <br>
    <br>He brings me joy in whatever I have to face for the day.
    <br>
    <br>I believe in the music, because I believe in the man.
    <br>
    <br>When I listen to Garth, I see the world as a better place.
    <br>
    <br>~Ann~N

Amen Ann.N

I have a rule at work. I only listen to Garth after lunch. That is also the only time I indulge in chocolate.
    <br>
    <br>Chocolate and Garth - a great high every afternoon.
    Something I look forward to with great anticipation.
    <br>
    <br>ElaineN

as sad as this sounds, i used to look forward to listening to Garth all day. I listen to him on my car ride home so i would be stressed from school, then go to work and be pissed there. my only saving grace was listen to garth's cds on my ride home. thats sad how the only thing that i look forward to is listening to his cds but its also amazing how one guy could make the garbage one puts up with all day seem worthwhile.
    <br>
    <br>-edoggN

Garth's songs are my saving grace when my thyroid went hyperactive and I was dealing with hypertension because of thyroid listening to my Garth cd's kept me from going nuts I would listen to Garth all day long.
    <br>
    <br>SharonN
    We Just danced in the rain and listened to the Thunder Roll

When i listen to garth i just cant help but sing along, i like the way the songs have meanings, so these can help through any mood, my friend commented the other night how she had started to like the music when she comes round to visit.
    <br>
    <br>Ann N

Garth and his music are the only thing that is getting me through my recovery from surgery on December 7. If not for Garth and Chris Gaines, I would have gone crazy by now. I still have 3 weeks before I can go back to work. So lots more time to listen to them.
    <br>
    <br>CindyN

I listen to Garth on the way to work and on the way home. I like to start and end my day with Garth and you might find this pretty silly(although I don't) but with all this snow we've been getting and me being pretty nervous driving in the winter, I feel as long as Garth is playing, he's going to get me to wherever I'm going safe and sound.:)
    <br>Listening to Garth keeps me at peace with everything going on around me:)
    <br>-Susan- N

(what are your emootions? how does he make you feel? the way he sings.. the lyrics.. the music...etc.)
    <br>
    <br>I experience several different emotions listening to Garth's music......
    <br>Most of his songs make my heart smile and spirit soar...and several melt my heart with joyful pain...and even rip at my heart causing me to weep and sob at times.
    <br>
    <br>Besides the message, it's the SOUND of his voice that really gets my attention....the emotion he puts in each vocal tune in his songs...he has incredible vocal qualities. Sometimes the simplest sounds he makes vocalizing words like "two or to, or too" or the word "I" in the song, "Every Now & Then"...makes my ears happy. I love the twang in his voice like in "The Cowboy Song"...or even the cute little giggles you hear in songs he has recorded live.
    <br>
    <br>God Blessed Garth with a talent few posses...it's a gift for sure and one Garth has given back by using it and sharing with the world!!
    <br>
    <br>N
    JoAnn

As stupid as this sounds, it takes me "home." I'm originally from Oklahoma...the same hometown as Garth; however, I moved to Minnesota 8 years ago. I'm still terribly homesick. With the exception of Double Live, I can put any of his CDs in the stereo and am magically transported back to Oklahoma. When I hear "That Summer," I imagine the wheatfields near my house. When I hear "Unanswered Prayers," I imagine myself at my own High School's football game. When I hear "The Change," I remember the OKC bombing and remember vividly exactly where I was when I heard about it and how devastated I was because even though I'm not an Oklahoman by residence, I will always be an Oklahoman in Spirit and in my heart. So, hearing Garth's voice gives me a tangible connection to my home. Even though I've never met him, his music gives me the same warm and fuzzy feeling as talking to my friends and family at home. Truthfully, it was one of the main things that kept me from complete depression when I first moved to Minnesota...Garth gave me Oklahoma anytime or anyplace I needed it.
    <br>
    <br>This forum has often polled, asking "If you could tell Garth one thing, what would it be..." For me, I'd tell him exactly what I said above, and thank him for being my connection to home when I'm unable to make one any other way.N

sorry to interrupt this but A FELLOW MINNESOTAN????
    <br>
    <br>WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
    <br>
    <br>:):):):):):):):):):)
    <br>
    <br>N

>sorry to interrupt this but A FELLOW MINNESOTAN????
    <br>
    <br>Hahaha...I suppose you could call me that now after 8 years! What part of Minnesota are you from? I'm in the SE part...about an hour from the Iowa border.
    <br>N

I love listening to Garth anytime, but especially when I've had a bad day or when I'm just feeling really confused. He always lifts my mood, and I just LOVE hearing that voice. I still think he has the best voice out of any male country artist. :)N

Hopeful.
    <br>
    <br>I often feel like there's so much on my plate, with school, work, serious family problems. I get to feeling sorry for myself when I look around and see that no else at my school has to work quite as hard as I do to be at the exact same place. Sometimes it seems like too much for one person to handle. I spend a lot of time asking God why. But when I listen to songs like "The Change," and "Standing Outside the Fire" I realize that I am a better person for having to work so hard for what I have.
    <br>
    <br>Sometimes I get really depressed about love/relationships too. None of the women in my family have made really sound choices in terms of the men in their lives. They are all pretty unhappy and mostly stuck and it makes me wonder if thisis a curse that I am bound to repeat in my own time. But then I listen to "She's Gonna Make It" and I think maybe my mom can get through this thing with my stepdad. And I listen to "She's Every Woman" and "Lonesome Dove" and think maybe that's the kind of love I'll have instead.
    <br>
    <br>Sometimes I get so overwhelemed that not even GB can make me hopeful. But at those times, I use the music to escape. I disappear into the pillowy softness of the big guy's voice and hide there until I have enough strength to face the real world again. This is something that no other musician can do for me.N

Cybersadie, I'm with you there...Garth's strength he gives us is amazing..N

+ Reply to Thread