+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just curious....happy, okay, sad, don't care..ect.?

Just curious....happy, okay, sad, don't care..ect.?

It seems not to many people are upset that Garth is RETIRING, so i was just wondering....what are your feelingsN
    Today...at this moment...it's a good day. . .

-

' I've conquered my past
    The future is here at last
    I stand at the entrance
    To a new world I can see
    The ruins to the right of me
    Will soon have lost sight of me '
    --U2

-

RE: Just curious....happy, okay, sad, don't care..ect.?

Well, Im okay with it but a little sad. We really did expect it right? But, the good news is there is another single, a new album coming, and did I see somewhere a mini-series? Cool. I dont think we have heard the last of Garth. I think its GREAT that he is putting his family first. I wouldnt have expected anything else.N

I am okay with it. :)
    <br>
    <br>It doesnt really sound like retirement except for no touring. I think Garth will be around for a long time. :)
    <br>
    <br>LoriN

I wasn't shocked because he said he would probally do it last year. Last year I was sad when he said that but I don't stay sad for long so eventually I forgot kinda about it. I have been anxious really on waiting to hear what he will do, how he would do it, and when he will do it. Now that he has said he will do it it realy is not a big thing because I took to what he said last year as a retirement announcement. Plus I am 19 and I got more things on my mind right now than Garth Brooks retirement from Country Music. Also I am a laid back person, I don't let things get to me, Garth will still do some things, he will not just totally disapear and never been seen or heard of again.:)N

I think I have felt every emotion known to mankind today.....from fear and doubt...from tears to smiles and laughter......to discomfort and content.....and maybe even some emotions I never knew about....
    <br>
    <br>but in the end when all Garth's words were said I didn't feel left alone...I don't feel that he is leaving us, and I don't think he feels like he is either. He said things that made me believe that those who need to find him will find him....and he doesn't mind so long as it doesn't interfere with his kids.....
    <br>
    <br>and I am okay with that....though 4 hours ago I couldn't say that this isn't good-bye.....and we are not forgotten....we will always be a part of him, and he will always be a part of us. I'm proud
    <br>of him
    <br>:)N

Happy, sad, but mostly relieved the desicion is off of his shoulders. He can now move on and do the things he needs to. There is a small part of me that hurts, but time will heal that hurt. I'm glad he is happy with his decision. It's time for him to move on. Thrilled there will be one last album.
    <br>
    <br> LisaN
    'But for the grace of God, there go I'

Well, I do not know all that Garth said. How ever from what I have been reading I would say;
    <br>
    <br>1, Garth retiring, NOT GOOD.
    <br>2, Another album, GREAT.
    <br>3, Some stuff on tv to look foward too, GREAT.
    <br>4, PG too become Official site, WOW, fantastic!
    <br>5, Garth too spend time with girls and Sandy, GREAT.
    <br>
    <br>Things CHANGE, Garth is not going away. Things have just changed a bit.
    <br>
    <br>OH! and Garth refering to US as "his people" well that just takes my beath away!
    <br>
    <br>So, all in all, not a bad day :)N

devastated.
    <br>
    <br>deAnnalynnN
    take care,

lil'bit

Well I dont know how to put this in words but ill try,
    <br>I feel like i have something missing it might sound weired but i know hes done what he needs to do and its not quiet the end but there just seems to be something not here with me after reading the osts cause i couldnt get to hear the press conference, has anyone taped it if it is possible id like to hear it for myself i will pay postage, i searched on all the music channels, news stations today and i couldnt find anything. I f any one can help please email me.
    <br>Many thanks
    <br>Ann N

It would be a lie to say I was happy with or for him now:eek:
    <br>
    <br>BrianN

I'm okay with it. I'm proud of any parent who puts their family first, so way to go Garth. :) :) :) I am sad I will never get to see him in concert but I had pretty much accepted that a while back.
    <br>
    <br>KirstyN

I posted this in the "Retirement" area too, didn't want to have to do it 2 times. Will probably makes some folks mad, but as everyone has already said so many times, we all have our on opinions, this one is mine you all have yours too.
    <br>
    <br>Well I sort of purposely put off getting on the PC or listening to the radio to see what was going to be the announcement for the day from Garth. The TV caught me though with the "what's up next" on Access Hollywood. I know the man needs to take care of his children. I'm sure he feels guilty probably for all the problems with him and Sandy. As we've all said so many times that she knew what marrying a musician would be like.
    <br>
    <br>I have on tape the "Celebrities Backstage" that Lorriane Crook did back in 92 or so. They showed parts of it last year I think but not the whole thing. The part that sticks out in my mind is where Lorriane Crook is asking him and Sandy how they feel, or she feels about him being considered a sex symbol. She says she's okay with it or understands it because he aways comes back to her, that she loves him for being "himself" not the quote GARTH BROOKS that the fans know, and he says she wants "her Garth" at home and she says yessssss."
    <br>There was also the part about what would she do, would she give him a choice of "it's me or the music," if things got too tough, and she said I would never do that, give him "the choice,....if things got that bad that SHE would leave and it wouldn't be because she didn't love him, but because SHE couldn't take the business side of things.
    <br>I went back and looked at all those OLD "I say" tapes that I made, and it's 2 different people, the Garth of today and the Garth back then that was chasing a dream and would want to die on stage as he put it.
    <br>
    <br>I'm sorry, for this part I'm about to write. He SAYS he loves his fans SO MUCH. And NO we are not as important as his family, but HE makes sure in his announcements today that WE KNOW HE HAS A LAST ALBUM coming out. Meaning to me.....to RUN OUT AND BUY MY NEW ALBUM....he's going to try to make it on the level of No Fences. WELL...SORRY....but if there is no room for us in his life, then there is NO ROOM in my pocketbook, or extra money that is for his new ALBUM TO GIVE HIM BIGGER NUMBERS!!!!!! Guess I'll know better than to spend all my hard earned money to support an artist that JUST LOVES the music SO MUCH and the FAN..SO MUCH. Not me...... I stuck by him since shortly after he came out, but this one sucks to me. BUT AGAIN..it's his life and his choice, so I hope he enjoys it and doesn't come back begging in a couple of years for us to be BELIEVERS again. NOT ME.
    <br>TriciaN

Tricia, I doubt very much Garth would say we are not important. But the children do come first. It's Garth's priority when he gives autograghs and meets the fans, and it should be in his personal life too. If only we all lived that way! We all have to make our own choices. Can't you imagine the weight on him Garth must feel knowing his decisions affect almost everybody in the world it seems? Would you be able to live with that decision once made? If ya don't that world is not gonna treat ya right. Garth is handling this with much faith in God and prayer. So should we. I think it's a great start. I am happy we are now moving forward instead of at a standstill. Garth has assured us he thinks of us. We are part of that big picture always. But always remember, that picture is NOT fully developed yet. Who's to say the best is NOT yet to come? I BELIEVE it is!!
    <br> deAnnalynn, hang in there ok? Don't ever lose that fire burning inside your heart for Garth and James. It will guide you through this time and you will soar on the wind once again. Let it blow from another direction and see where it leads you ok? Don't crash and burn, please! Just know you are not alone, ever.N

+ Reply to Thread