+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I love when I hear Garth when I least expect it

I love when I hear Garth when I least expect it

I am a science teacher if you guys did not already know, and I am up previewing a movie for my students. i taped it from the Discovery Health channel, called Antibiotics - Misused Miracles. We anyway they told the story of a teenage girl with TB and they showed her in her hospital room and then all of a sudden I hear Garth singind "New Way To Fly" on her radio in her room and she began to sing along. The song was very appropriate because she was getting ready to go home after her surgery on her lung and treatment with antibiotics. It was really cool because it was the last place I would expect to hear Garth singing. It was great and I know that when I show the video to my students they will somehow believe I had a role in putting that into the movie :) :). Just wanted to share this cute story. Goodnight all, I need to get a few hours of sleep before I get up at 6. See you here tomorrow.N

Toni,<P>Thanks for sharing!! Yeah, I wouldn't expect any Garth song from the Discovery program :o<P><BR>Very cool!!!!<P><BR>TommyN
    "Life is like a piano--play to its fullest"

"A good start is half the job!"

"When we free do love anyone we choose... WE SHALL BE FREE" by Mr. Brooks

To the special man in my life: Shnuggie.

Wow! :) Garth always seems to come on when you least expect to hear him, and it's always like magic fills the air! :) Great story Garthologist! :) It's really touching and SO very cool! That tape is a "keeper!"<P>God Bless.<BR>Amy :)N
    As long as one heart still holds on, then hope is never really gone..."The Change"

It's very cool when things like that happens :)<P>KirstyN

That's very cool. Inspiration can be found in so many of his songs. :)<P>Let us know what your students say when they hear the song.<P>PaulaN

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Maybe; there is a reason you don't know yet for it to be there!! Please let us know what your students say! :)N

Oh that is so cool Toni!! I would have started crying! Yay for Garth!<P>LoriN

Well, I showed the tape to them this morning and they thought it was so cool the way his song fit so well in the story of the girl. They also thought I picked the video to show them because of the Garth song but I told them that as I was recording it suprised me when it came on. Overall the room was silent during the story and I even heard a few kids say that the girl did'nt even look sick. I think they learned a lot about illness and the fact that someone can be very ill on the inside but look ok on the outside.<P>I'm glad all of you liked my story. It was really cool. Check the Discovery Health channel I think the show is going to be on again. It is a really short part but really cool and meaningful.<P> :)N

Very cool :D<P>Thanks for sharing :)<P>BrianN
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    COME ON! Let's Join Up!
    Let's rise out of this dirt
    Escape from this oppression this anger and this hurt
    The ignorance, intolerance, stupidity and lies
    That's spreading like a virus and ruining our lives
    All we need is honesty to push away this night
    Lets hang on to our innocence and hold each other tight
    ~*~*~Die Toten Hosen~*~*~

Cool...<P>It don't surprise me anymore where I hear Garth... he just pops up in the strangest places... <P>I was at wal-mart one time and The River came on. The people around me (including me) looked up, as if Garth is up somewhere in the ceiling...LOL It was an reaction. and then the people that looked up sang along... it was a cool sight. it's one of the moment that I wish I have a camera. :-)One of them said, "What". and her friend said, "It's Garth" and looked at me (cause I was infront of her, sorta) and I smiled (ear to ear)... LOL<P>Nelly<BR>N

Oh my gosh Nelly..your story made me laugh! (thanks I needed that) I could just picture it in my mind, everybody looking up in the sky for Garth LOL!! JoanN

*LOL* This remind me that I have once heard Garth in an music store for Heavy Metal only :o<P>BrianN
    COME ON! Let's Join Up!
    Let's rise out of this dirt
    Escape from this oppression this anger and this hurt
    The ignorance, intolerance, stupidity and lies
    That's spreading like a virus and ruining our lives
    All we need is honesty to push away this night
    Lets hang on to our innocence and hold each other tight
    ~*~*~Die Toten Hosen~*~*~

+ Reply to Thread