+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greatest Love Song

Greatest Love Song

Since I love surveys so much, I'm going to do another one! Let's all have your vote for the Greatest country love song of the modern era (since 1985). The nominations are:<P>1. Garth Brooks, "To Make You Feel My Love"<BR>2. Tim McGraw & Faith Hill, "It's Your Love"<BR>3. George Strait, "I Cross My Heart"<BR>4. Randy Travis, "Forever And Ever, Amen"<BR>5. John Michael Montgomery, "I Swear"<BR>6. Other<P>It's impossible to list all the greatest love songs in just 5 nominations so if there is one you really love that is not one of the 5 nominations, I probably forgot about it, so you can vote for it as a write in. N

Ok, I don't mean to seem biased here, although I'm sure it will look that way, but of course I think the best one there is "To Make You Feel My Love" :) It just says everything so nicely, and I would vote for it even if it was not GB singing it, because the lyrics are what make a good love song most of the time. But, I'll say a close second is one not listed because it is new and has not been released...Tim McGraw's "My Best Friend"...ohhh I just love this song! N

t.m. fan, if you like all of them you have a really good taste. Normally I would go for George Strait or Garth Brooks, but this isn't normal. I think no matter how you look on this its got to be...<P><b>Forever And Ever, Amen - Randy Travis</b><P>This song is so huge and for me it is one of the three best songs <b>EVER</b> written in <b>ANY</b> category. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D<P>BrianN
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    COME ON! Let's Join Up!
    Let's rise out of this dirt
    Escape from this oppression this anger and this hurt
    The ignorance, intolerance, stupidity and lies
    That's spreading like a virus and ruining our lives
    All we need is honesty to push away this night
    Lets hang on to our innocence and hold each other tight
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~*~*~Die Toten Hosen~*~*~

<b> To make you feel my love!!!</b> :D<P>MerellN

My absolute favorite love song (country or otherwise)is "I Cross My Heart," by George Strait. I want this to be my wedding song (if I ever get married) :) Actually, a friend of mine was going to use this song for her first dance, and I told her she couldn't because it was MY song!! Anyway, that song was going to get my vote here before I even saw the nominations!!<P>Cathy ;) N

<BR> I personally would have to put other. My fave love song is the "Red Strokes". It speaks of passion in a sense that is of the highest level. It says everything how I want it to be. I also REALLY love "That Summer". It is one of the best all round songs I have ever heard.<BR> Bryan BeattieN

I have 2 fave love songs that come to mind. The oldest is Elvis' The Wonder of You. I just adore that song!<P>The newer is Clint Black's Something That We Do. I love it because it is about *real* love, not imaginary, idealistic love. I'm not even a huge Clint fan, but I am just really moved by the words to that song.<P>My 7 cents!N

Florida- Where the votes count and count and count
    I think that my all time favorite love song is "Your Love Amazes Me" by John Berry. <P>I also agree with Debbie R, the Clint Black song,"Something That We Do" is also very moving and deep! <P>Great topic. Of course, To Make You Feel My Love is up there too! :)N
    Moni

I'm lost... I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

To Make You Feel My Love :D.....and any other GB song!<P>Ari&lt;---meN
    Today...at this moment...it's a good day. . .

-

' I've conquered my past
    The future is here at last
    I stand at the entrance
    To a new world I can see
    The ruins to the right of me
    Will soon have lost sight of me '
    --U2

-

Of course no one gets even near to reach Elvis when it comes to love songs. He has made so many, and I don't know which one of his my favorite, but it dosen't matter here as he is about to old to get into the modern era :(<P>In this modern era I don't know my favorite, maybe because I love lovesongs, but if I should say one then I have two ;)<BR>How Do I Live (Trisha or LeAnn)<BR>Perhaps Love (John Denver with Placido Domingo)N
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."
    Bill Shankly

I guess I'll post my favorite now. Lyrically and melodically, they're all great and I love all of those songs! But there is one song that fills my body with magic and tingles everytime I hear it, and it appeals to me beyond just beautiful lyrics or a pleasant melody, but it gets into my soul and makes me live the song. That would have to be... SURPRISE!!... "It's Your Love". I think that is the most romantic song I've ever heard and great to dance to, especially in the dark ;) N

Why are you doing this to me! This is sooo hard to pick. But, out of you list, I would say "To Make You Feel My Love" and "It's Your Love."<P>I also love "The Red Strokes" (one of favorites of Garths) and "My Best Fried" (Tim McGraw.)<P>AmyN

I just wanted to say thank you to the people that voted and it was nice to get a variety of choices! :) I guess "To Make You Feel My Love" was the winner; not too much of a shocker. I'll try to think of another contest to post sometime soon!N

I have to say that my pick is "I Cross My Heart". That was my wedding song so it has great meaning to me.<P>Country@Heart :)N

I would have to say that my favorite Love song has got to be Martina McBride's "Valentine" To me it is the embodiment of everything that a relationship should and could be. The line that always gets me is <BR>"you taught me how to love unselfishly, I dreamed of this a thousand times before, in my dreams I couldn't love you more, I will give you my heart until the end of time, your all I need my love my valentine"N

My favorite love song is "Me & You" by Kenny Chesney. It's so sweet and at his fan club party he sang it for a couple that got engaged there. That was so sweet. It's a great song.N

Although I feel "It's Your Love" is the greatest love song, my personal favorite is "Not A Moment Too Soon", by Tim McGraw since it has a lot of personal meaning and it pretty much tailored to my situation. It's almost like the writer had me in mind when he wrote it. It's a cool song. N

I'd have to say either:<BR>tanya Tucker's <b>Two Sparrows in a Hurricane</b> or Collin Raye's <b>Love, Me</b><BR>also right up there is Kenny Chesney's <b>You had me from hello</b><BR> :)N

Dead^Poet^Society,<P>I got <i>Two Sparrows In A Hurrican</i> with a Danish singer, and I agree, This is such a great song. This is a duet, Peter Viskinde is the best guitarplayer in Denmark (and one of the best in Europe ;)), and he is singing with Maria Montell a former girlfriend to the crown-prince in Denmark. Great version of a great song :D N
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."
    Bill Shankly

+ Reply to Thread