+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I LOVE THE ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^_^

I LOVE THE ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^_^

I just LOVE the album :D :D :D :D<BR>Especially Main Street and Unsigned Letter :)<BR>WOOOOOOHOOOOOO :)<P>Tomorrow I'm going to take it with me to my local CD store and play it out as loud as it goes :D :D<P>Thanks for this cool forum :)<P>BrianN
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    COME ON! Let's Join Up!
    Let's rise out of this dirt
    Escape from this oppression this anger and this hurt
    The ignorance, intolerance, stupidity and lies
    That's spreading like a virus and ruining our lives
    All we need is honesty to push away this night
    Lets hang on to our innocence and hold each other tight
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~*~*~Die Toten Hosen~*~*~

I love the album! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)<P>Been listening to it practically non-stop since I bought it on Wednesday! My favorites are That's The Way I Remember It, Unsigned Letter and Digging for Gold! :D<P>JulieN

Thanks for creating this forum :)<P>Of course, I also LOVE this album!! There hasn't been one day since it's come out that I haven't listened to it all the way through...sometimes I even listen to the entire CD twice a day!<P>Ok, I think I finally have my favorites in order :)<BR>1. Main Street<BR>2. Right Now (was my favorite at first)<BR>3. That's the Way I Remember It<BR>4. Unsigned Letter<BR>5. Lost In You<BR>6. Snow In July<BR>7. It Dont Matter to the Sun<BR>8. Driftin Away<BR>9. Diggin for Gold<BR>10.White Flag<BR>11.Way of the Girl<BR>12.Maybe<BR>13.My Love Tells Me So<P>Its so hard to put them all in order, because they are all so great! Well...except for the last one...sorry Garth, but I dont think it's gonna grow on me :oN

<B>WOW! WE HAVE NEW FORUM HERE!</B> :D<P>Great! The new album is AWESOME! <P>I like all the songs :) Even the last one is growing on me...LOL It has a good beat to it.<P>My recent favorites are:<P>1)Right Now<BR>2)Unsigned Letters<BR>3)Main Street<BR>4)Lost in You<BR>5)Whit Flag<P>TommyN
    "Life is like a piano--play to its fullest"

"A good start is half the job!"

"When we free do love anyone we choose... WE SHALL BE FREE" by Mr. Brooks

To the special man in my life: Shnuggie.

It is refreshing and inspiring to see an artist willing to take risks, to extend his wings, and explore new paths. It seems that every time Garth releases a new album, it leaps forward into new territory. Though all of his albums have been hugely succesful, he has continued to run full steam ahead. We've seen too many other artists who have had a succesful album, play it safe, and continue to put out the same kind of music, over and over again. not Garth. Give him credit. He does "chase his dreams". Some critics have called this latest album a "marketing scheme" or a "mid-life crisis". I disagree. I think it is a natural progression for an artist who doesn't believe in building walls around himself or his music. I find this album to be refreshing, fun, and a great display of musical talent and diversity.N

I love it! My favorites are Unsigned Letter, Lost in You, and Snow in July.<P>Amanda :DN

I am totally in love with this new album.He did a fantastic job on it.I would have bought it no matter what anyway but it is "very cool" to love it just as much as all of the other albums DaMan has put out.I admire Garth so much for going after his dreams and taking on all of the new stuff that he has done or is doing no matter what the media says.What do they know anyway?I can't believe how they just don't get what this is all about.I mean duh,what planet have they been on?Job Well Done Garth.ThanksN

I just had to post knowing this was a new forum. HOW COOL!!!!!!! Well, what can I say, of course I love the new album!!! I haven't picked out a fav, I love all of them!! I am still working on memorizing Right Now, I wanna learn them!! Well, I new this was going to be a posive post, and I'm glad everyone loves Chris! By the way, did I tell you that today I heard IDMTTS for the first time on the radio? They don't play Chris around here, but I changed stations just for fun, and he was on!!! I was amazing, I celebrated and had a party. <BR>-ShannaN

THE ALBUM <B>SUCKS</B>...sorry i could not hide it anymore <B>I HATE THE ALBUM</B> .....sorry guys :(......<P><BR>he he he....lol...<B>JUST KIDDING</B>...i totally <B>LOVE THE ALBUM,IT ROCKS!!!!</B> :D<P>scared you for a minute, didn't i?....lol :o<P>aRiN
    Today...at this moment...it's a good day. . .

-

' I've conquered my past
    The future is here at last
    I stand at the entrance
    To a new world I can see
    The ruins to the right of me
    Will soon have lost sight of me '
    --U2

-

GarthFanCanada1 Guest
    hugeGBnutt..... I nearly peed my pants when I saw your post...<P>I conducted a imformal survey in my class today.... I brought the CD in and let everyone listen to it, and I had them rank the songs 1-13.Here are the results. From 17 out of 17 people.<P>Most popular song : Right Now<BR>Least popular song: My Love Tells me So<BR>Song Most Repeated over the morning: Snow In July. (they all picked up his pronunciation)<BR>Song that Freaked People out: White Flag<BR>Number of people that may buy the CD: 13!!!!<P>These were the questions that we formed to rate the CD....<P><BR>BarkleyN

Hey <B>nofences29</B> -<P>Well said - how 'bout we hire you out to all the ignorant DJs, newspapers and reporters who don't get it and just let you stand behind them and move their mouths? (or pens, if such is the case?)<P>"NOFENCES29 for PERMANENT GARTH/CHRIS REPORTER" - Everybody vote!!<P>KerryN
    "I think I'll miss you most of all" Dorothy to the Scarecrow, The Wizard of Oz,

I think number 2 is great .. I'm happy :)<BR> I was scared it was gonna do a lot worse. For how bad the press is reviewing it<BR> I'm so happy Garth/Chris did that well with this. And I also believe that time will sell more albums, people just need to hear it. And once they do they will have to buy it because it is so damn good :)<BR> Non-country fans aren't just going to grab a Garth Brooks CD and unfortunately in most of the CD stores I've been in CG Greatest Hits was in the country section.. Why? I don't know but I'm really proud of Garth/Chris getting number 2 .. Go Garth/Chris and you guys are right we have to turn more people on to the music. Take my approach and play the CD without telling them what they are listing to and when they ask who this is they will be surprised I've done it to all my friends.. Hehheheh. <BR> JenN
    Jen

This is beginning to sound unanimous....<BR>I love this album!! I only discovered country music midway through college, and grew up on rock, so this feels like the old days to me!<P>I love Unsigned Letter the very best (being a plain little Jane myself!), and Right Now is a very close second. White Flag and Snow in July are next for me.<P>My daughter sings along with White Flag more than any other song, so I guess that would be her favorite. Come to think of it, I guess I can vote twice, once for myself and once for her! Make that two "I love this album"'s. <P>Deanna<BR>N
    Well, I wrote our names a thousand times just to see yours sitting next to mine and I sent you flowers card unsigned......
    Anonymous (Box Set, In Pieces)

So don't you sit upon the shoreline and say you're satisfied
    Choose to chance the rapids and dare to dance the tide...
    The River (Ropin' the Wind)

I absolutely LOVE the album. Once again Garth is showing the world the diversity of Garth Brooks as an artist. While I think he will always be country at heart... why not let the rest of the music world enjoy that lovely voice! And to all the critics out there - they are simply jealous that Garth has the guts to strike out into an area so different than what he is used to. And why might you ask does he do this for? FOR THE LOVE OF THE MUSIC! If only the DJ's and others could get that through their heads... Guess we all need to call into our radio stations and request Chris to be played...<P>My favorite is digging for gold... love the song<P>go Garth - thanks for yet another great CD!<P>MaryN

1) LOVE IT! 2) LOVE IT! 3) LOVE IT! 4) LOVE IT! 5) LOVE IT! 6) LOVE IT! 7) LOVE IT! 8)LOVE IT! 9) LOVE IT! 10) LOVE IT! 11) LOVE IT! 12) LOVE IT! 13) LOVE IT!<P> I LOVE IT!<BR> :) :) :) :) :) :) :)<P>Great new forum! It's gonna be fun! ;-)<P>N
    As long as one heart still holds on, then hope is never really gone..."The Change"

Amy,<BR>You've said it all!! :o LOL...<BR>Seriously I thought I wouldn't even buy the albums, yet I bought TWO! I'm going to mail one back to Taiwan for my cousin! :)<BR>Wooohooo.. (the only GB fan in Taiwan I bet! LOL...)<P>MerellN

Valleiry, on the border between France and Switzerland.
    Well, Well,<BR>A new Forum . Great.<BR>I havn't heard the album yet :(. However I have heard the two songs on the CD and guess what :D :D :D: I LOVE BOTH OF THEM. <BR>This thanks to a very special <B>garthaddict</B>. <P>Can't wait to hear the rest :)<BR>ZuluN
    A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere.
    Before him, I may think aloud.

<B>hugeGBnutt</B>Don't do that!!!!You scared me for a minute!..........I <B>LOVE</B> the album! My favorite song is Mainstreet & Driftin Away. The music is just the best. Jackie N

who cares if critics think its a marketing scheme.they think every thing he does is a marketing scheme.<P> my favorite song is way of the girl.thats such a cool song. i haven't gone a day without listening to the album yetN
    if you could see yourself the way that others do, you'd wish you were as beautiful as you

I also LOVE the album. I bought it the day it came out and have listened to it at least once a day since. I almost have all the songs memorized. I LOVE GARTH BROOKS!!!!!<BR>Can't wait to hear what he comes out with nextN

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE CD!!!!!!!! :)<BR>I't so totally different ....but it ROCKS!!<BR>And....my favorite song is:<BR>********DRIFTIN' AWAY***************<BR>I can't explain what this song does to me<BR>....and....I won't even try to!!..lol<BR>Other great songs(for me)are:IDMTTS,Lost in<BR>you,Maybe,Mainstreet and That's the way I remember it.<BR>Everyone loves Right Now.....I dunno...it's<BR>a cool song....but not one of my favorites.<BR>Oh well....as we are all different ppl....we<BR>all got our different tastes ;)<P>Take care ya'll<BR>Miranda :)<BR>N

I guess there is only one thing I really can say:<P><B>VERY COOL</B><P>A lot has been said about this album, and maybe some of it is true, maybe it is not the best pop-album ever :o but to me it means something very special. And I think it is just as good as the last Cher (it is allright for her to change musicstyle all the time), Whitney Houston or Mariah Carey. And it is WAAAAYYYYY better tahn the awful awardwinning C**P by Lauryn Hill (sp.) :D<BR>I am 100% behind Chris, I think this shows why he has been in the buisness for so long. And it also shows that he was more than just a member of Crush! ;) He was the man with the ideas, the man with the future ;)N
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."
    Bill Shankly

Step aside Elvis, Michael J., and John,Paul,George and Ringo. The new King of Pop has entered the building.N

Hey GarthNutts<P>Here are my fav's in order:<P>1)MayBe<BR>2)Main Street<BR>3)Unsigned Letter<BR>4)Snow In July<BR>5)Lost In You<BR>6)Right Now<BR>7)It Don't Matter To The Sun<BR>8)White Flag<BR>9)Digging For Gold<BR>10)My Love Tells Me So<BR>11)Way Of The Girl<BR>12)Driftin' Away<BR>13)That's The Way I Remember It<P>Well there's my 2 cents worth<BR>A very Big GB fan 4 life...<BR>AngelaN

Hey PGers! <B>THIS</B> is what Garth needs to hear about PG, huh?! This is so great!<BR>I LOVE every song on the album. "Maybe" and "My Love Tells Me So" had to grow on me, but...I just did what Garth told me to. I put it on real loud and just "gave the music a chance." And I'm REAL thankful I did. :D This is GREAT Music!! <BR>My fav has to be "Driftin Away."...or "That's The Way I Remember It." I could listen to those FOREVER. And I can't help but move to the beat!! :D<BR>I've loved the CG idea &lt;almost&gt; from the start. Whether it "works" for the media or not, I just hope <B>Garth</B> doesn't regret doing this for any reason. That's what counts for me.<P>Have a good one,<BR>NashN
    "I wonder sometimes about the outcome of a still verdictless life." -- John Mayer

I totally agree with all of you. I LOVE this cd. Garth is so amazingly talented, the critics must be deaf, dumb and blind not to see how great this album is. :) I've listened to it at least 3 times a day. I play it while I'm on the puter..while I cook meals.. in the middle of the day, just because... :) Its an awesome cd to go to the gym with to do a work out. :) Makes the time fly. My favs so far are:<BR>Snow In July, Main Street, Way Of The Girl,Unsigned Letter,Thats the Way I Remember it, Digging For Gold,Driftin Away,White Flag, Lost In You, IDMTTS, Maybe, and MLTMS. :) <P>Great new forum. :)<P>Have a Garthriffic day,<BR>Ellie :)N
    Have a Garthriffic Day!
    I AM CANADIAN!

" Oh Canada, our home and native land,
    true patriot love, in all our son's command
    With glowing hearts we see the rise, the true north strong and free, oh Canada, Oh Canada, we stand on guard for thee..."

Off the top of my head, my favorites are That's the Way I Remember It, Right Now, Digging for Gold (#1 fav), It Don't Matter..., and Unsigned Letter.<P>AmyN

Wendi166 Guest
    Hello everyone!<BR>Well I just wanted to say that when the album first came out, my first impression was, "this sucks, there are only one or two songs on here i will ever listen to." But then i started listening to it when i was doing something else and didn't feel like getting up to change songs, and i must admit that some of them started to grow on me. So now i would have to say that 11/13 are pretty good and the other two aren't too bad. I think part of the reason i didn't like it at first is because the way everyone talked about this project i was expecting ROCK, and this is more POP/RAP, so it was just a surprise, that is all. Anyway, whatever garth does i will stand behind him 100% because his message has always been to do what is right for you even if it means taking chances, and if this is what he wants to do then who are we to criticize. Love ya Garth!!!N

Another LOVER here!!!My faves are probably "Thats The Way I Remember It" and "Unsigned Letter"(reminds me of The Wallflowers" and "Main Street"(does this remind anyone else of "Knockin On Heavens Door").I like the rest of the songs and was suprised at how much GARTH you can hear on this album.When the project was first talked about I thought it was going to be rock(Def Lepperd..Metallica or something of that nature) but it turned out to be Pop or soft rock which is what I listen to in addition to country music.I am one happy MUSIC FAN.N

I adore the new CD and especially love "It Doesn't Matter to the Sun" and "Lost In You". I have played it every day since I bought it. Great music.N

+ Reply to Thread