+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rude English presenters and Garth

Rude English presenters and Garth

Some of you will have seen the clip, filmed a while back, of Garth on a UK show called 'The Big Breakfast'. The presenter didn't know who he was, and was rather rude as a result. <BR>I was on the same show yesterday, and I wanted you to know that the presenter who was rude to Garth is no longer there:-)<BR>I managed to get the message across to viewers, that Garth's music, and Garth himself are very inspirational. And that anyone who's missing it, it missing a whole lot.<BR>I also plugged 'Ripples' of course, and I'm not ashamed of that - 'Ripples' was what got me on there. But sometimes my publisher has to show great patience with me, as it must seem like promoting Garth always comes first with me, instead of his book. :-))<BR>Take care<BR>JennyN

Thanx for defending Garth, Jenny :D<BR>I just wish the whole world would know what they are missing :D<P>BrianN
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    COME ON! Let's Join Up!
    Let's rise out of this dirt
    Escape from this oppression this anger and this hurt
    The ignorance, intolerance, stupidity and lies
    That's spreading like a virus and ruining our lives
    All we need is honesty to push away this night
    Lets hang on to our innocence and hold each other tight
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~*~*~Die Toten Hosen~*~*~

Way to go JENNY!! :)<P>GARTH RULZ!<P>TommyN
    "Life is like a piano--play to its fullest"

"A good start is half the job!"

"When we free do love anyone we choose... WE SHALL BE FREE" by Mr. Brooks

To the special man in my life: Shnuggie.

Hey, Jenny, I was in a local bookstore at one of the malls here looking for your book. :( They never even heard of it. I will check out other bookstores though. It was released in Canada right?. Looking forward to reading it. Way to go for sticking up for the Garthman. :)<P>Have a Garthriffic day,<BR>Ellie :)N
    Have a Garthriffic Day!
    I AM CANADIAN!

" Oh Canada, our home and native land,
    true patriot love, in all our son's command
    With glowing hearts we see the rise, the true north strong and free, oh Canada, Oh Canada, we stand on guard for thee..."

<b>Very Cool, Jenny</b><P>I would get your book tomorrow if I could, but the company who took care of our Englishbook orders just ended up bankrupt :(<BR>So at the moment we are out of English books in the store, this is what the internet also can do: Making me unemployed (Gotta work harder to be a reporter, before they close down all bookstores ;))N
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."
    Bill Shankly

In answer to the Canada question. 'Ripples' has only just made it there. McNally Robinson can get it, and Chambers.<BR>Other than that any Canadian Bookstore can order it with the ISBN which is 0953308308 and the name of the USA distributors which is Ingram Book Company. If anyone has any trouble, please e-mail MichKram@aol.com and she can mail you one from Cincinnati.<BR>Thanks for being interested.<BR>Country Weekly will be doing a review soon. Scary! I hope they like it:-)<BR>By the way I've done 80 radio interviews in the UK as well as the 7 TV appearances, and they've all played a Garth track or showed a Garth clip. So word is spreading! And as soon as people get a chance to hear/see him - they're hooked!<BR>Garth thanked me for that when I met him (sweet:-), so I'll just keep on. That was all I needed to know!!<BR>JennyN

Hey Jenny, thanks for the info. I'm gonna write it all down and order it. Wow, we have a real live celebrity on pgforums...very cool. :) I seen it listed on some Canadian bookstore web sites, but it shows as unreleased yet. Thanks again. :)<P>Have a Garthriffic day,<BR>Ellie :)N
    Have a Garthriffic Day!
    I AM CANADIAN!

" Oh Canada, our home and native land,
    true patriot love, in all our son's command
    With glowing hearts we see the rise, the true north strong and free, oh Canada, Oh Canada, we stand on guard for thee..."

Thanks Ellie<BR>If you do get to read it I would love to hear your opinion. Either here, or by e-mail.<BR>That goes for anyone else too. <BR>I'd also welcome your thoughts on what Garth might be thinking as he reads it.<BR>Hopefully he'll call as soon as he can, and then we'll know for sure, but up until then it'll be fun trying to guess :-))<BR>JennyN

I thought I'd help Jenny out :)<P>If you wanna buy the book.. you can at Barnes And Noble online :)<P>juct click this url :)<P>http://shop.barnesandnoble.com/books...sbn=0953308308<P>hope that helps.. there is a place to put up your reviews there as well as see Jenny's :)<P>N

hmm ok.. that worked LOL!<P> <A HREF="http://www.barnesandnoble.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.barnesandnoble.com</A> <P>goto that site.. then in the top left box.. type in "Ripples" and you'll see Jenny's book :)<P>guess the other link was too long or something LOL<P> :)N

Why thank you Mr. Gaines - you're a gentleman! :-))<BR>It is also available from amazon.com.<BR>JennyN

Jenny,<P>Amazon's.. is shorter link too let's see if this works LOL!!!<P> <A HREF="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0953308308/o/qid=931049440/sr=2-1/002-3936670-0168230" TARGET=_blank>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0953308308/o/qid=931049440/sr=2-1/002-3936670-0168230</A> <P>that's the link from amazon.com to go RIGHT to Jenny's book ;) :)N

Is this book still in print?

Yes, but it is now called 'Souls don't Lie' http://www.jennysmedley.com/
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

I'm pleased to say that the new version of my book Ripples, now called Souls Don't Lie, has sold over 40,000 copies in the UK and Europe, so a lot more people here know about Garth now! We've yet to crack the US market properly, but that is one hard nut to crack. My current publishers don't distribute in the USA, which is kind of ironic given the subject matter of the book I'm working on it.
    I've been lucky enough to have some 25 books publishers now by such prestigious people as Hay House, but Souls Don't Lie (Ripples) will always be my best-loved child.

Once Garth had confirmed to me personally that he had no problem with the book, I've been able to consider approaching US authors, so we'll see what happens!

+ Reply to Thread