+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What will Garth be announcing this week?

Heres the thing, lets face it, In a few weeks they will have an announcement, that on thanksgiving week (black friday???) FUN will be available at a special price via talk shop live.

A huge big fuss will be made about it.

Yes I know Garth is not any other artist. But Garth might end up with egg on his face, because while Garth is selling his album "FUN" on talkshop live.....

Beyonce will drop a seven disc 96 song/ 8 dvd boxset.

Taylor swift will drop something similar,

etc etc etc etc etc etc.

Tons of artists will be releasing these massive projects.

So a 13 song album which half the songs have already been released, might not excite the average consumer.

In saying that, I cant wait for FUN to be released.

You know, we've been forgetting that he wants to release Cold Like That as a single. It seems this would be a good time to do that while waiting on the release of FUN. Then maybe put the concert version on Fun.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    You know, we've been forgetting that he wants to release Cold Like That as a single. It seems this would be a good time to do that while waiting on the release of FUN. Then maybe put the concert version on Fun.
    I’d love to hear cold like that get it’s due at radio but honestly ? I don’t think it’ll happen

The live version from Knoxville is supposed to be on triple live deluxe I think
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Why on Earth would Garth release a song off an album that came out six years ago as a single?

Quote Originally Posted by coco1997 View Post
    Why on Earth would Garth release a song off an album that came out six years ago as a single?
    Well, it's not like there's not precedent for it happening w/ Garth

Wild horses was off of No Fences, but wasn't released as a single until November of 2000, with a re-recorded vocal track.. it went to #7.. Garth's done it before ,he COULD do it again..

I don't think it's likely but it'd be interested.. lol what about Chris Gaines "covering" a Garth Brooks song? (and doing cold like that)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Well, because he's talked about it more than once in Studio G, hinting at a live version of it being something. It's one of the songs he wanted as a single originally. And, he also released Do What You Gotta Do about 3 years after he released Sevens and after he released Chris Gaines.

Do what ya gotta do was def released later..

Album released 11/25/11997

DWYGD was released 1/3/2000

CG album released 9/28/1999 (lol while I was student teaching)

interesting- releases (and as such promotion etc) after 7's and before DWYGD: Double live, The limited series (first one), Chris Gaines, & The Magic of Christmas

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Well, because he's talked about it more than once in Studio G, hinting at a live version of it being something. It's one of the songs he wanted as a single originally. And, he also released Do What You Gotta Do about 3 years after he released Sevens and after he released Chris Gaines.
    Oh wow, I was completely unaware of the late DWYGD release. I guess if he was pretending the Gaines record didn't happen, he felt he was still in the "Sevens" album cycle?

Oh wow, I was completely unaware of the late DWYGD release. I guess if he was pretending the Gaines record didn't happen, he felt he was still in the "Sevens" album cycle?

If I recall correctly DWGD and Wild Horses�00 were released to keep him on country radio.
    He had played out Sevens with You Move Me as the last single and The Limited Series saw the single release of TMYFML in 98 which went number 1. He then released Its Your Song (why that song never plays or mentioned anywhere I dont know) from Double Live and then It Dont Matter from Gaines in 99 which tanked on country radio. Scarecrow was still a year off and he had not had a radio hit since Its Your Song topped at #9...technically while When You Come Back To ME Again did end up on Scarecrow it was originally released as the single from the film Frequency, so those two releases were justified in their late release.

Yes, Garth has said he left singles on MAM but I believe its doubtful we will see a studio Cold Like That single UNLESS he uses it as the single for Triple Live which could happen seeing as of right now there is not an official single from FUN. And if its a good version it would KILL on country radio right now.

A studio Cold Like That? I dont think so. Live? Possible.

I also have a theory related to Shallow...anyone wanna hear it?

I would. Thats why I like this forum better than GB Believers. Its discussion versus Garth you are the greatest singer ever. I like that people on Planet Garth discuss/speculate etc. You get pros and cons on Garth and that is healthy. So let's here yout theory about Garth and Yoko Ono's Shallow. Personally I think that is what is bringing out Chris Gaines talk. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I would. Thats why I like this forum better than GB Believers. Its discussion versus Garth you are the greatest singer ever. I like that people on Planet Garth discuss/speculate etc. You get pros and cons on Garth and that is healthy. So let's here yout theory about Garth and Yoko Ono's Shallow. Personally I think that is what is bringing out Chris Gaines talk. :-)
    Thank you!! Ok. So, they’ve received a bunch of good press on their version of Shallow, I don’t think it would be a smart move, but, if he intends to push FUN again, then it would make sense for him to make Shallow the next single.

Now before you say, “why would they release that when it was just so big” because it can be done. Mark Chesnutt did it with I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing. Aerosmith released their cover in Aug of 98, Chesnutt put his out in Dec 98 and still went to number one on the country charts. Shallow would be played on country radio and give him a platform to push FUN.

However, I don’t see that happening as he’s been pushing FUN for two years. I think Cold Like That Live is the next single to plug Triple Live.

Side note: this is the only forum I have ever posted to. Couldn’t tell ya about the other sites, but that’s why I like it here too, very comfortable. Very calm.

I would like Shallow and CLT to both be released. He could actually have Shallow be released as a Yoko Ono song and CLT as a Garth song.It would get people buying both albums and would be interesting to see both climb the charts. And country music is always doing covers of pop songs and visa versa. Conway Twitty with Slow Hand comes to mind and others.
    But he will have to loosen up on the streaming and download position. Music has changed. There was a good article on Billboard about how albums are staying on the chart longer and selling more because of streaming. Albums don't do mega sales like the 90's but instead of staying on chart 40 weeks the life of an album is 250 weeks.
    So garth shoudn't worry about losing a couple album sales over singles. With TEA and SEA the streaming and downloads make up for it.

Yeah, I was kicked off of GB Believers because I disagreed with the founder. That happened after I initially questioned why a comment of mine was removed that wasn't a 100% Garth can't do anything wrong comment. I sent a tweet to hashtag about it since they had the offical status and they did the opposite of what Garth preached in loving one another. Others must have done the same because they lost the official status. I like all you on here who actually discuss pros and cons of the G man.

Yeah I find the GB Believers facebook page to be a bit too much fanboy type stuff. Although I have posted there on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by fences2312 View Post
    A studio Cold Like That? I dont think so. Live? Possible.

I also have a theory related to Shallow...anyone wanna hear it?
    I'm game- what's the theory (if not shared yet)?

I'd love to hear a live cold like that (it's probably what you'll get if anything). though as much as I love the song- it does not sound country to me.. it's more Chris Gaines than it is Garth IMO (though its clearly Garth- sounds weird right?).

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

oh man- I could get into a lot of discussions/talk/etc. bout things with GB believers.. I hear ya GBkubfan, even though I chide you sometimes w/ the speculation.. really do hear ya.. it's not blowing smoke, PG is more of the talk that makes it good.. Not EVERYONE.. but there are a lot of (please forgive the judgment here somewhat ) brain dead , or rose colored glass 'garth on a pedestal' types there... Not to mention the snarky commentary that comes in replies to questions...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

With TEA and SEA the streaming and downloads make up for it.
    ok I'm kinda an idiot maybe.. but. TEA? SEA?? standing for what?

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by fences2312 View Post
    Thank you!! Ok. So, they’ve received a bunch of good press on their version of Shallow, I don’t think it would be a smart move, but, if he intends to push FUN again, then it would make sense for him to make Shallow the next single.

Now before you say, “why would they release that when it was just so big” because it can be done. Mark Chesnutt did it with I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing. Aerosmith released their cover in Aug of 98, Chesnutt put his out in Dec 98 and still went to number one on the country charts. Shallow would be played on country radio and give him a platform to push FUN.

However, I don’t see that happening as he’s been pushing FUN for two years. I think Cold Like That Live is the next single to plug Triple Live.

Side note: this is the only forum I have ever posted to. Couldn’t tell ya about the other sites, but that’s why I like it here too, very comfortable. Very calm.
    interesting point.. I'd have to HEAR their recorded duet of Shallow before I could call it a hit on country radio or really anything more than just an attempt to one up gaga/Cooper.. if I'm honest..

I'd love to hear something like Cold like that (live) used to push TL's standalone release...

Yeah, I was kicked off of GB Believers because I disagreed with the founder. That happened after I initially questioned why a comment of mine was removed that wasn't a 100% Garth can't do anything wrong comment. I sent a tweet to hashtag about it since they had the offical status and they did the opposite of what Garth preached in loving one another. Others must have done the same because they lost the official status. I like all you on here who actually discuss pros and cons of the G man.
    Amen to that! I asked about the no longer having 'official' status.. I was told the following (paraphrased)

"He didn't like that they spotlighted one group but had too cause FB was advertising groups and it was a push to get FB to advertise divebar. He would like to do something to include all groups but hasn't thought of how yet... so he didn't think it was fair to keep pushing the one. it's ok.. kind knew it was DiveBar video related
    . if that's right- it's interesting but I can't say for certain that it's correct.. Hashtag IS still a member, but no longer an admin.. Garth's account isn't in the group anymore. Chris Leuzinger (one of the G-men band people Garth has talked about ) is also in the group

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Hey SEA is streaming and TEA is downloads. So many streams equal an album and so many downloads (I think 10-12 songs) equal an album sale. So if they bought 12 copies of The Dance, that would equal 1 sale of Garth Brooks.

Hey SEA is streaming and TEA is downloads. So many streams equal an album and so many downloads (I think 10-12 songs) equal an album sale. So if they bought 12 copies of The Dance, that would equal 1 sale of Garth Brooks.
    Yes, the track equivalent thing is really important. If I’m not mistaken the RIAA and Billboard do track equivalent for charts and certifications. For sales of downloads every time 10 individual tracks is sold from an album that counts as 1 sale (even if it is just the same song sold 10 times). Streaming is 1 to 150. A song has to be streamed on-demand to count as a sale 150 times. So a Gold single (in just streams alone) would have to be streamed 75 million times, Platinum 150 million times. That, of course, means for an album to go Gold (in streams alone) it would have to have songs from it stream 750 million times. Platinum would be 1.5 billion. Of course in most instances the two formulas are used together with actual sales to get a certification for an album.

i was thinking in my dialysis chair. Why don't sales of music (albums/singles) count in used record stores? here me out. The album is sold. Why shouldn't it count? When a song is stream or played on the radio more than once, it counts towards an albums numbers. Shouldn't a resale be counted? It would tend to be another way of counting what music is selling. Maybe come up with a resale chart on Billboard. :-)

Scott, I still post once in awhile but the moderator guy steals the post sometimes. I will post something and wait for them to ok it, then a couple hours later, it shows up with moderators name with some added graphics. But it is always a bunch of people saying, what is your favorite Garth song, what is your favorite album, or just Garth is so cool. that is nice but I like my running my speculations by this group and having discussions about things including Yoko Ono and the hungry Years. The moderator wouldn't allow a question about Hungry Years. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Yes, the track equivalent thing is really important. If I’m not mistaken the RIAA and Billboard do track equivalent for charts and certifications. For sales of downloads every time 10 individual tracks is sold from an album that counts as 1 sale (even if it is just the same song sold 10 times). Streaming is 1 to 150. A song has to be streamed on-demand to count as a sale 150 times. So a Gold single (in just streams alone) would have to be streamed 75 million times, Platinum 150 million times. That, of course, means for an album to go Gold (in streams alone) it would have to have songs from it stream 750 million times. Platinum would be 1.5 billion. Of course in most instances the two formulas are used together with actual sales to get a certification for an album.
    Thanks for clarifying. Kinda weird way to count an album sale but if it works. I think Garth could make a busload of money and really pad his numbers if he consented to releasing his music that way. Maybe start out slow to see how he does with a greatest hits package that lets single songs be streamed or downloaded. That would be a way to check on impact. He is missing boat on revenue and numbers. I mean, if you are trying to find a CD as a gift, Amazon is basically it. And i don't buy on-line much . It is us old dinos that still but cds but don't do a lot of buying on line. I will be looking for a Garth cd to give to a friend and end up with somebody else because I can't find any Garth. :-)

+ Reply to Thread