+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth in Lofty Company

Garth in Lofty Company

Saw this tid-bit on Billboard.
    Hereís a roundup of every act with at least 30 weeks at No. 1, since the Billboard 200 chart began publishing on a regular weekly basis on March 24, 1956: The Beatles (132 weeks), Elvis Presley (67), Garth Brooks (52), Michael Jackson (51), Taylor Swift (47), Whitney Houston (46), The Kingston Trio (46), Elton John (39), Fleetwood Mac (38), The Rolling Stones (38), Harry Belafonte (37), The Monkees (37), Prince (35), Adele (34), Eminem (34), Eagles (30) and Mariah Carey (30).

Now I am a numbers guy but I sure would like to see Garth have a shot at Elvis. 15 weeks is a lot to tie and 16 to pass Elvis but with the right couple of albums he might be able to do it. He has such a following I think he could do it with right marketing and right album. Will be interesting to see what he has up his sleeve. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Saw this tid-bit on Billboard.
    Here’s a roundup of every act with at least 30 weeks at No. 1, since the Billboard 200 chart began publishing on a regular weekly basis on March 24, 1956: The Beatles (132 weeks), Elvis Presley (67), Garth Brooks (52), Michael Jackson (51), Taylor Swift (47), Whitney Houston (46), The Kingston Trio (46), Elton John (39), Fleetwood Mac (38), The Rolling Stones (38), Harry Belafonte (37), The Monkees (37), Prince (35), Adele (34), Eminem (34), Eagles (30) and Mariah Carey (30).

Now I am a numbers guy but I sure would like to see Garth have a shot at Elvis. 15 weeks is a lot to tie and 16 to pass Elvis but with the right couple of albums he might be able to do it. He has such a following I think he could do it with right marketing and right album. Will be interesting to see what he has up his sleeve. :-)
    I think he does it, with standalone albums, and then market the hell out of it, say Release "FUN" as a 16 song album. Do a killer music video for one of the songs. Get it out there.

Also Triple Live deluxe, as a stand along, and have at least 40 songs on it. House Keeping and all. You could really promote it so so well.

Its up to, Garth really.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 09-27-2020 at 09:22 PM.

I hate to be the party pooper here, but Garth has spent exactly 2 weeks at #1 on the Billboard 200 in the last 20 years. His last two studio albums peaked at #4 and #25 on the Billboard 200. I donít think there is any way this happens.

I'll have to ditto rhd13. Garth has nearly zero shot of catching Elvis in this category. In fact he's going to be passed by Taylor Swift before too long.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBarton View Post
    I'll have to ditto rhd13. Garth has nearly zero shot of catching Elvis in this category. In fact he's going to be passed by Taylor Swift before too long.
    I don't have nearly the inclination to dig deep into the #'s to this level, but I gotta agree with Charlie/Ryan.. I don't think it's likely that Garth passes Elvis, based on the evidence of the last 18 years.. (from into retirement until current "times".. ). the evidence doesn't show it-

Passed by Swift? I think that's probable as well..

Garth COULD prove us wrong, but not without some changes to his marketing/releasing of material, delivery etc..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread