+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Life events mirroring Garth song.

Life events mirroring Garth song.

I was wondering peoples stories of an event in their life that mirrors a garth song, I know a lot of stuff could be considered, but I want to hear stories that you wouldn't think would happen like it does in a Garth song, but it happened.
    Even if it's simple little something, I still want to hear about it.

I will start:
    After I got married, I brought my wife to my hometown and went into my old high school, I ran into an old flame of mine. My mind went to the song Unanswered Prayers.

Please tell us your story
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I was wondering peoples stories of an event in their life that mirrors a garth song, I know a lot of stuff could be considered, but I want to hear stories that you wouldn't think would happen like it does in a Garth song, but it happened.
    Even if it's simple little something, I still want to hear about it.

I will start:
    After I got married, I brought my wife to my hometown and went into my old high school, I ran into an old flame of mine. My mind went to the song Unanswered Prayers.

Please tell us your story
    Well, for me its the same song (unanswered prayers) but slightly (ever so slightly different event(s)).. I fell HARD for a girl in HS, towards the end of my sophomore year, and spent 2 years pursuing her..

"She was the one that I'd wanted for all times" - Yep.. was my first love
    "each night I'd spend praying that God would make her mine"- maybe not EVERY night but yep.. did that

I spent many a day/night with her on my mind.. I even joined the youth group at the church she was attending (no, not to pursue her- but it was DEFINITELY a bonus poss. for me.. so I thought).. I had many a discussion with our youth director about it... (and yes, we were friends.. I wanted more.. she didn't)..

fast forward to my wife and I going to Dallas TX in 1998 to. visit her friend/see where she grew up, etc.. WE met up with Michelle and her husband, had dinner with them, hung out, spent a great time..). BAM.. it hit me very strongly as we were heading back to our hotel.. "Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered Prayers . " God never answered my prayer with Michelle. Not how I wanted it answered back then.. I am eternally thankful that He didn't... (My wife and I celebrated our 23rd anniversary this past may).. (on a side note- Michelle is still married, we are still friends, she has 4 kids... a very nice person.... but only a friend... and I am thankful for that
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I hope no one chimes in with real life stories mirroring The Thunder Rolls, In Lonesome Dove, The Night Will Only Know, or Ireland.

"Every Now and Then" Basically the whole lyrics. A guy I was crazy in love with. He was in a longer relationship when we met. When they finally broke up, I was in a relationship... Bad timing.

I remember this very vividly:
    "The other day I saw a car like you used to drive
    I got a funny feelin' down deep inside
    And for the briefest moment I felt a smile begin
    Yes, I do think about you, every now and then"

This is a situation that happened many years ago (I don't think that kind of car is still on the road). We are in touch again nowadays and I value the friendship that we have managed to build. I now seriously doubt we could have had a lasting relationship if we would both have been single at the time we met. We both still had so much growing to do.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

For me itís every now and then. I dated this girl junior and senior year of high school. I was soooo in love with her and thought we are getting married and all that. She comes over 2 weeks after graduation and tells me she just joined the navy and leaves in 2 days. It was a huge blindside and I was garth in the more then a memory video for about a month lol. Looking back I was so in love guess I missed the signs and wonder if it was puppy love but man. Happily married for 20 years to the love of my life with 2 kids and would not change a thing. I do however still think about what would my life be like every now and then. She friend requested me awhile back. It looks like she never had kids or got married. I did not accept....somethingís are better left in the past.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Randa, I know it's gonna sound kinda cliche, but there's a song somewhere in your post there! And I totally get your situation too!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I hope no one chimes in with real life stories mirroring The Thunder Rolls, In Lonesome Dove, The Night Will Only Know, or Ireland.
    I don't mind hearing those type of stories, I wont pass judgement about it.
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

+ Reply to Thread