+ Reply to Thread

Thread: We belong to Each Other

We belong to Each Other

I guess I am a bad fan. Billboards Hot Country songs has We Belong To Each Other charting at #42 this week. It's been on the chart for 8 weeks. I didn't even know he released this. Wow.

Just because it's on the chart doesn't mean he's release it formally.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I guess I am a bad fan. Billboards Hot Country songs has We Belong To Each Other charting at #42 this week. It's been on the chart for 8 weeks. I didn't even know he released this. Wow.
    lol you're not a bad fan

I didn't know it had charted... don't believe it was released... but you're not the only one who didn't know it was charting (then again I'm not really paying attention to it really... )
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

That’s interesting. It was not pushed to country radio and is not receiving any airplay. I wonder what is causing it to be so high on the charts? It is #23 on Amazon country, but Amazon is such a small slice of the streaming world.

So basically it’s going to be on fun.....starting to hate this album

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    So basically it’s going to be on fun.....starting to hate this album
    Where was that mentioned? if anything Garth seemed to indicate (don't know if he said it outright or not) that it would NOT be on FUN

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I trust what my garbage man says more then garth lol. I donít see how a song can be charred but not on an album.

I've seen lots of songs chart that aren't on a full album..

I don't think We Belong to Each Other will make Fun....I think Shallow will.

Of course, I have no idea....they both could make the album, maybe neither will make it.

I'm just ready for the album! I watched the documentary again and Garth sings "Live Again" SOOOOO well! I can't wait to hear that song on the album.

I think he should have held off on naming the album prior to deciding the entire track list..but I LOVE all the songs he's hit us with so far. The Road I'm On and That's What Cowboys Do are smash hits in my opinion...they are already top ten's on my playlist..haha
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    I've seen lots of songs chart that aren't on a full album..

I don't think We Belong to Each Other will make Fun....I think Shallow will.
    . I can't deny that I'm curious to hear their rendition of 'shallow', but at the same point, how many will think of it as a cash/#'s grab etc.. when it's released (if its released) on FUN... with it having already won an Oscar and being an old (by a year or so) song..

Of course, I have no idea....they both could make the album, maybe neither will make it.
    Out of the two, I'd wager Shallow would make it.. I think he outright said in ISG at one point that We belong to Each Other would not be on FUN. but then again I'd have to go back and listen to shows again to know for certain..

I'm just ready for the album! I watched the documentary again and Garth sings "Live Again" SOOOOO well! I can't wait to hear that song on the album.
    amen to that- I'm ready for it too.. I can't say I'm as excited for Live Again, but I do want to hear it and see if my thoughts are changed.. I just remember hearing it at Notre Dame and kinda being of the "what is this?" type of mindset... may have been because it was live

I think he should have held off on naming the album prior to deciding the entire track list..but I LOVE all the songs he's hit us with so far. The Road I'm On and That's What Cowboys Do are smash hits in my opinion...they are already top ten's on my playlist..haha
    I think there's certainly some radio-friendly tones in whats been released already- I just wanna see the rest released!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I get your point on Shallow...but To Make You Feel My Love was also a hit for other people...and was written/ recorded by Bob Dylan, and it was still a huge success for GB.

Just sayin If Shallow helps Fun sell , that's totally fine with me...
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

I think country and pop have always redid songs. If it is a good song it can be a hit for both genre's. I just want the album out.

After dropping off the chart last week, We belong To each Other, reenters the chart back at 42. It's been on the chart a total of 9 weeks but has never gotten higher than #42.

Not expected from this song but it actually moved up a notch to its highest position. It is now #41 on Hot Country Songs.

+ Reply to Thread