+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth Doesn't Drink

Garth Doesn't Drink

I remember many years ago, Garth's mother did an interview where she said that Garth doesn't smoke, doesn't do drugs and doesn't drink. It was so long ago that my mind started to wonder if I really had seen her in an interview saying that.
    That's why I very much more idolized him, a role model to set your life with. I know a bit of his songs are about drinking, but to find out that Garth doesn't do those things also sealed the deal . I had an alcoholic brother who died passed out drunk in the woods on a winter night, and it hurts me to think about it.
    So I was wondering if I made up this interview with his mother to tell myself that Garth is my idol for many reasons and that is the main one. Well I watched the request live and to hear Trisha say the exact same thing refreshed that interview in my mind.
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

Sorry for your loss, I lost a niece to drunk driving. I canít stand drunk drivers and will not tolerate it. I was leaving a bar and grill about a year ago and see this drunk guy trying to get in his car. Offered to call him a cab etc and he wanted to get nasty. Long story short his keys ended up on the roof of the building and my hand hurt the next day. I am in no way a heavy drinker, I tie one on once every 6 months or so. I donít care if garth drinks or not. He however sings songs glorifying drinking so not much difference.

I am sorry for your losses. It is one of the things that I dislike about a lot of country songs: the glorifying of drinking. Giving the impression that lots of drinking (day drinking or whatever) is so much fun. To me it feels almost as promoting it. I really dislike it. Don't get me wrong, I often do like the music, the songs, but I don't like the message.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

The book Santa Fe written by the drummer of that band also made mention of Garth not drinking. It said he would sit down at business meetings in Nashville and when people offered him alcohol he would always take water. He wanted to always make decisions with a clear mind.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    The book Santa Fe written by the drummer of that band also made mention of Garth not drinking. It said he would sit down at business meetings in Nashville and when people offered him alcohol he would always take water. He wanted to always make decisions with a clear mind.
    ahh, "The Road Out of Santa Fe"... excellent book!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread