+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Concerts After Covid 19

Concerts After Covid 19

So with social distancing in our future, how will this effect Garth Concerts? Will people be required to wear masks at concerts? Will people be forced to sit apart like in movie theaters and other venues? Will they allow big concerts in the near future? I am sure we will get an idea on big crowds when sports start up. But if how we go to concerts is changed, that will be interesting how Garth works with new rules. Can we handle a Garth doing a George Strait type concert with the crowd separate/isolated with masks on their faces? Can he do stadium shows? I wonder if this will delay stadium tour or cancel them? And on a side note, will we get Triple Live to help ease the loss of live shows right now?

Sports will be starting with no crowds.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Good questions....

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    So with social distancing in our future, how will this effect Garth Concerts? Will people be required to wear masks at concerts? Will people be forced to sit apart like in movie theaters and other venues?
    There will almost certainly be masks required.. I think that's going to be a facto f life for quite some time unfortunately ... will people WEAR them? that's another story. I see a new market for facemasks exploding....... every artist/team/event may be able to have their own masks produced. I know it's happening some already but imagine being able to charge $5 or $10 for an "official" garth facemask at a merch tent....

Will they allow big concerts in the near future?
    My daughter had 2 concerts cancelled on her this spring, neither one Garth level, but still a gathering. The second one was postponed until October, at a theater that holds probably 500-2000 people.. no word on if it'll go forward then even.. Our local comic con (Denver Pop Culture Con) was already postponed from July 3-5 until thanksgiving weekend, and was cancelled this morning.. so things COULD still be shut down. I doubt that big concerts will be allowed at anywhere near full capacity that would be monetarily feasible / benefiting to big artists..

I am sure we will get an idea on big crowds when sports start up.
    Sports will be starting w/o any crowds. For some sports? easily done (i.e. Nascar and Golf..) for others, who knows? (i.e. the other main sports (baseball, football, basketball, hockey..) for some performance / sports (i.e. WWE) it's been abysmal IMO (to the point where they've had wrestlers come in to be 'crowds' as it wasn't working w/o fans)...

But if how we go to concerts is changed, that will be interesting how Garth works with new rules. Can we handle a Garth doing a George Strait type concert with the crowd separate/isolated with masks on their faces? Can he do stadium shows? I wonder if this will delay stadium tour or cancel them? And on a side note, will we get Triple Live to help ease the loss of live shows right now?
    Hmm.. quick thought answers...

1- George Strait type of concert? - No I don't see that happening- Garth has too much energy to be a sit and stand singer... (the only knock I have on a Strait concert- he's a stand and sing mostly singer..) Garth fans may wear masks though...

2- Can he do stadiums? not at the capacity he's done em- IMO

3- delay the tour etc.. - Well based on the type of answer / non answer that Garth gave on Studio G tonight when asked about tour dates next year etc... I'd say he doesn't know yet..

4- here's to hoping.. . provide fans w/ something new.. (dare we say something FUN) to pass the time till shows come back
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I think personally it will vary state to state.

1. Garth said the only person he would see stand in front of a mic is Strait, everyone else he would rather stay at home and listen to the record.

2. I don't think he can play stadiums this year too much risk.

3. I think it would be smart for him to just postpone the tour until 2021 like a lot of artists have done.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    I think personally it will vary state to state.
    most likely...

1. Garth said the only person he would see stand in front of a mic is Strait, everyone else he would rather stay at home and listen to the record.
    Gotta say I agree with this statement .. No one's moved around the stage /entertained quite like Garth but there are two at least (Alan Jackson and John Anderson) who bored me to tears practically.. At least Alan Jackson tried to entertain- John Anderson was so boring it was literally like listening to a CD w/ someone singing live instead.. no crowd interaction at all..). Strait I could at least see sitting for... Garth can't sit still that long I'd wager

2. I don't think he can play stadiums this year too much risk.
    yep-... he's kinda dam@@d if he does dam@@d if he doesn't. he'll tick off people no matter how it goes...

3. I think it would be smart for him to just postpone the tour until 2021 like a lot of artists have done.
    I don't know that he'll have a choice in the matter ......... logic and circumstance may overwhelm his desire to have shows..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I saw King George twice before I saw Garth. After seeing Garth I have never been able to get excited by a Strait concert. I listen to his albums but he may be the King, but I can't sit still and just watch him in concert.
    I really think he needs to release FUN or for the concert experience Triple Live. At least he can keep the casual fan interested.
    So with all this stay at home business, Does this mean Garth is having plenty of time to work on Anthology 2, 4, 5?
    And is he coming up with a Diamond Boxed Set ideas?
    I see Alan Jackson is doing the Drive-in theater concert tour. Can you imagine a Garth drive-in tour with just a few hundred fans. Either the ticket prices will be out of this world or Dive-bar type shows?
    At least he has the 'Rona time to think things out.
    So another question: What do you think Garth would do to restart his concert/show post corona virus?

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I saw King George twice before I saw Garth. After seeing Garth I have never been able to get excited by a Strait concert. I listen to his albums but he may be the King, but I can't sit still and just watch him in concert.
    You mean, you want more than just a man standing on stage strumming his guitar The ladies say that's all he needs to do. I found his two concerts I went to boring as well.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    You mean, you want more than just a man standing on stage strumming his guitar The ladies say that's all he needs to do. I found his two concerts I went to boring as well.
    oh man- back in the day "the ladies say that's all...." woulda enraged a few on this board or would have inflamed their commentary about Garth.. But I gotta say, I agree with you to an extent. AS much as the concert was still enjoyable when I saw him, seeing Strait stand and sing.... not my thing.. (lol and I've already mentioned the John Anderson and Alan Jackson shows I've seen).

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread