+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I Hate being Negative.....

I Hate being Negative.....

I hate to be negative but I think Garth is full of $#!% on not releasing FUN during these troubled times and financial tuff period. People always find ways to pay for entertainment in tuff times. Currently, people have found the money to pay for xtra cable, streaming, movies...etc. Other well known artists have released albums with no problem. It didn't bother me that it had been over 2 years since the presale but come on now. I am pretty mellow but trying to come up with reasons not to release the album. I say release it and let it do what it is going to do. If it flops then he can blame the coronavirus. Sorry for being negative but it is getting a little old.

An issue I have with Garth is, I know he is going to do things his way, and he is not other artists, and I would prefer him to do things differently than he does, but Im fine with it.

My issue is he seems to be disingenuous with WHY he does things. His reason for why he does thing, doesn't appear to be the same that he
    tells the public.

That seems to be every aspect of his career.

Garth can do what he likes, but I would just like a truthful reason for why he is doing what hes doing.

That said, with the songs released so far, "Fun" already seems to be a brilliant album and Lets hope when Covid is under control, he will get back to touring.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I hate to be negative but I think Garth is full of $#!% on not releasing FUN during these troubled times and financial tuff period. People always find ways to pay for entertainment in tuff times. Currently, people have found the money to pay for xtra cable, streaming, movies...etc. Other well known artists have released albums with no problem.
    not being a pain, or an buzzkill etc.. but this is where the 'ding ding ding' went off in my head... when you mention "other well known artists have released albums with not problem".. Garth (for whatever reason, be it smarts, ego, desire, who knows..) has never ... NEVER seemed to do things 'as other artists' do/have done. Seeing that others have released albums during this time won't be the reason that Garth would finally deliver on FUN.. no matter what we would like to see/want to see. it isn't gonna happen. Is Garth honest in his comments as to why he hasn't released FUN? ehh- I'm inclined to say YES (conditionally).

It didn't bother me that it had been over 2 years since the presale but come on now. I am pretty mellow but trying to come up with reasons not to release the album. I say release it and let it do what it is going to do. If it flops then he can blame the coronavirus. Sorry for being negative but it is getting a little old.
    Look, I understand the frustration... I really do.. I guess I'm just in the mindset myself of "well, I managed to make it through 14 years of retirement" I can wait longer... plus, the new Garth music when it finally drops- should make it worth while (at least for a bit till the bug for MORE starts)

regardless, I hear the complaint... I understand it.. heck I've done it.. but there's nothing we can do but wait Garth out for a delayed release
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post

My issue is he seems to be disingenuous with WHY he does things. His reason for why he does thing, doesn't appear to be the same that he
    tells the public.

That seems to be every aspect of his career.

Garth can do what he likes, but I would just like a truthful reason for why he is doing what hes doing.
    not playing too much 'devils' advocate' here but..... do we have proof that Garth's reasons are not the same in reality when compared to what he tells the public. i.e. is there a diff. in what's being told ISG audiences, etc. compared to what he's ACTUALLY saying? if so, where is the evidence of that difference? I don't like all Garth's said and done about things, definitely. . but in this case where's the proof? (it may be there or it may be solely speculation/reading into things I don't know[/quote]

That said, with the songs released so far, "Fun" already seems to be a brilliant album and Lets hope when Covid is under control, he will get back to touring.
    I think (from what little can be read into things) Garths itching to get back out there and tour. whether it's a selfish thing or not for him I think he's as hungry to play as people are to have him play... just a hunch

I agree, FUN seems to be a good album so far.. would like to have the rest of the songs / the album drop w/o. releasing more, but thats just me

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

He likes pushing his new album while he's on a tour and right not that's a no go. He always opens his concert with a song from the album he has out at the time. I think he is sincere about why he's not releasing it. But maybe with all the positive feedback he just got on Studio G, he'll reconsider a little bit.

The last 3 Studio G’s have had FUN in the title. With the songs coming out last week, and with him continuing to talk about it this week, I think he’s either testing the waters or he’s gearing up to release it soon. My hope are high at the moment.

Summer was the latest date we heard of it being released right? As things begin to open up, I bet we see it coming out soon! Fingers crossed. His summer tour dates haven't been cancelled yet. Perfect time for him to do it.

I hate being negative also but to be fair he has kind of earned it. So Garth comes back and I am sooo excited. He releases M&M in 2014. I am not the biggest fan of it, probably my least favorite album next to sevens. Whatever I am just glad to have a new album. He pushed 2 singles off the entire album PLP and Mom, I hated both those songs and how he did not release Tacoma, she�s tired of boys, all American kid or cold like that as singles is a mystery and a lost chance. In 2016 we get this ultimate collection crap to resale his old stuff. We also get Gunslinger which is a very bi polar album that seemed thrown together last minute. Half the album is awesome and half is crap. He by the way packages it with his crap Christmas album (his third Christmas album) with Trisha. So we get two singles off Gunslinger. Ask me how I know which was a great song and BLLDAD which is not a bad song. He makes yet another huge mistake and does not release weekend, whisky to wine, honky tonk somewhere or 18. Again huge mistake. Then we get told triple live is coming (double live with a few extra songs) we get the vinyl set (more old records sold) and 2 years of fun being pre sold and not released.
    Now did I expect garth to come out of retirement and rule country again? No but he does not even seem like he is trying. He will tour and sellout everything and that�s cool. We all know fun has not been released because he wants Walmart or amazon to buy a ton and they won�t do it. So what would make me happy as a fan?
    Release a new album every year, don�t put out a physical copy just do it on amazon. Push a few singles off it and see if they bite. Get out of your own way and release your stuff on iTunes, quit saying it�s for the songwriters. Just stop pushing your old stuff

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    Summer was the latest date we heard of it being released right? As things begin to open up, I bet we see it coming out soon! Fingers crossed. His summer tour dates haven't been cancelled yet. Perfect time for him to do it.
    It'd be nice- but they have postponed (again) the Charlotte concert, till October... I'm sure the postponement is coming for the Cincy show too unfortunately.. Bring on FUN though!! that'd be a great thing to offset the disappointment for some

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    I hate being negative also but to be fair he has kind of earned it. So Garth comes back and I am sooo excited. He releases M&M in 2014. I am not the biggest fan of it, probably my least favorite album next to sevens. Whatever I am just glad to have a new album. He pushed 2 singles off the entire album PLP and Mom, I hated both those songs and how he did not release Tacoma, she�s tired of boys, all American kid or cold like that as singles is a mystery and a lost chance. In 2016 we get this ultimate collection crap to resale his old stuff. We also get Gunslinger which is a very bi polar album that seemed thrown together last minute. Half the album is awesome and half is crap. He by the way packages it with his crap Christmas album (his third Christmas album) with Trisha. So we get two singles off Gunslinger. Ask me how I know which was a great song and BLLDAD which is not a bad song. He makes yet another huge mistake and does not release weekend, whisky to wine, honky tonk somewhere or 18. Again huge mistake. Then we get told triple live is coming (double live with a few extra songs) we get the vinyl set (more old records sold) and 2 years of fun being pre sold and not released.
    Now did I expect garth to come out of retirement and rule country again? No but he does not even seem like he is trying. He will tour and sellout everything and that�s cool. We all know fun has not been released because he wants Walmart or amazon to buy a ton and they won�t do it.
    like I've mentioned in other threads, etc. Garth has paralleled KISS a lot in his career it seems, and has gone into 'nostalgia' territory.

I don't totally agree with your assessments of MAM and GS, not FULLY... however, I do agree- a major chance was missed with the non release of Whiskey to Wine. I'm not a huge TY fan at all (and get tired sometimes of having to 'swallow' one to get the other fed to you) but This is a kick butt duet that was really well done (glad to see though that others didnt' like their Christmas duet album )

So what would make me happy as a fan?
    Release a new album every year, don�t put out a physical copy just do it on amazon. Push a few singles off it and see if they bite. Get out of your own way and release your stuff on iTunes, quit saying it�s for the songwriters. Just stop pushing your old stuff
    a mixture of "yeah, that's never gonna happen" and "yep" is what I gotta say to this.. best thing though it is we all do have opinions and ideas! I dont' know if the album every year would work (but man, I wouldn't mind) , but I gotta say-

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    Get out of your own way and release your stuff on iTunes, quit saying it�s for the songwriters. Just stop pushing your old stuff
    . Yep!! Release stuff on Apple Music definitely.. not only would he make a killing/succeed a bit with it, but his protests/reasons (dare I say excuses) about Apple/digital music/singles sales, etc... have been proven baseless multiple times..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I have to agree with both Randa16 and Skywise except for the nostalgia artist label. Garth does tend to play his old stuff and puts out his old stuff to the fans. But we did have a retirement for a few years and a lot of new fans were born in that period. We have to remember, it may be old stuff to us, but to the new fan, all the music is new. Hell I grew up having country music forced on me growing up. But an old roommate of mine only listened to country music (back in 87) and I started to like the music. I still had my Bruce, Madonna, new wave and MTV but i started to like country. My dad was even had a shit kicker bar in North Las Vegas and helped promote a country singer named Jim Staggs. I listened to the country music for a few years until I moved to Sacramento. I did forget to mention I did go through the Urban Cowboy period when it was cool to listen to country in the early 80's. In Sacramento I saw King George in concert a couple times because of a lady friend. Wasn't bad and I fell in love with Amarillo By Morning. But in late summer 1989. I heard Garth. I bought his cassette and I was hooked. So garth retired. He disappeared. Coiutry music became the boring thing it is now. I personally don't listen to radio anymore. Boring. But you have to remember there are people out there who do and they rarely get to hear any Garth music since he isn't a staple anymore. So when they hear Garth music, they are hearing it for the first time. It is NEW to them. It may be old to us but it is new to them. So he is just trying to reach the newbies. He has us hooked. I ain't going no where (even though I can get frustrated) and we need to remember these newbies are going through what we did back in 1989. So when I see catalog act and other labels I cringe because he is just trying to do a semi unbalacing act with old and new music. So lets be patient with the release of catalog stuff. There are people just discovering Garth and they don't have his music. And their are people who like me, collect extra copies of his music and don't leave enough for others...LOL. Garth is working a formula, so I personally cut him some slack and remember the joy his music first brought me and continues to this day, and that newbies are getting to enjoy him now. But you guys made good points and I am sure he could capture more newbies if he would go with the flow of down loading, streaming etc. :-)

+ Reply to Thread