+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kenny Chesney lands his 9th #1 album on the Billboard top 200 albums

Kenny Chesney lands his 9th #1 album on the Billboard top 200 albums

It is tied with Garth for most #1 albums by a country act. If Garth had released FUN during the last 2 months, he would have had a 10th #1.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...oard-200-chart
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

Yeah I really think garth missed a golden opportunity here. He had the network special and opry live to plug it. Too bad and kenny is one of the best good for him.

I think he can #10 if he releases it soon. If he cares. If he wants a #1 album he should get album out to Target and Wal Mart while we are in staycation, needs to price it right, needs to open up album to all streaming places. He doesn't have to open his catalog up, just FUN. He can see how well it does or doesn't do and decide on catalog. Release limited edition, release two versions with 1 with one added song and another with a different added song. He has many options. JMHO

I don't think Garth will ever get another no1 album on the billboard top 200, simply because there will be too many different ways/versus/boxsets you can buy it.

Ya know when it gets released it will be with a Trisha, then it will be released in some sort of boxset, (eg Garth's Fun Collection) then there will be a separate verison available only
    with Amazon/Talkshop live.

"FUN" may get to no3 on the top 200 charts. But the dual album may get to n014 and "The Ultimate Garth FUN collection featuring the new album FUN may get to no23.

If Garth was just to release "Fun" by itself as a standalone album Then Im 100% sure it will go to number one on the Billboard top 200.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 05-10-2020 at 10:24 PM.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Hmm- a few thoughts (for what they're worth)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    It is tied with Garth for most #1 albums by a country act. If Garth had released FUN during the last 2 months, he would have had a 10th #1.
    I would like to think so and I believe it's possible, but there is no way to know at all if this is a true claim or not..

#2- Kenny Chesney.... snooze..... (largely).. kinda bridges the end of decent country into 'island' then bro country to me

Randa says
    Yeah I really think garth missed a golden opportunity here. He had the network special and opry live to plug it. Too bad and kenny is one of the best good for him.
    Garth did miss an opportunity true..

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I think he can #10 if he releases it soon. If he cares. If he wants a #1 album he should get album out to Target and Wal Mart while we are in staycation, needs to price it right, needs to open up album to all streaming places. He doesn't have to open his catalog up, just FUN. He can see how well it does or doesn't do and decide on catalog. Release limited edition, release two versions with 1 with one added song and another with a different added song. He has many options. JMHO
    "Garth needs to...." this is where the wishing and the speculation have to be tempered..

I agree Garth doesn't have to open up the catalog more w/ re-sales ad nauseam.. Release FUN, certainly. I agree with a limited edition release (will prob happen in some way or another, given his history). Added/diff songs? ehh- less likely. "get an album out to target/walmart". I see Amazon as a more likely destination, esp. if quarantining is still en vogue

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    I don't think Garth will ever get another no1 album on the billboard top 200, simply because there will be too many different ways/versus/boxsets you can buy it.
    interesting take there...

Ya know when it gets released it will be with a Trisha, then it will be released in some sort of boxset, (eg Garth's Fun Collection) then there will be a separate verison available only
    with Amazon/Talkshop live.
    "with a Trisha?"

a boxed set- possibly.. the only one really in recent memory that that could be compared with was Gunslinger.. A sep. Amazon version.... ehh- POSSIBLY but I don't think it's really likely..

If Garth was just to release "Fun" by itself as a standalone album Then Im 100% sure it will go to number one on the Billboard top 200.
    I'd love to be one that says absolutely! but I'm not quite so sure it would. Garth has a bit of pent up fandom left, not AS much as there was with the first 'comeback' tour as it were. Garth certainly does have a connection with fans, but there are seemingly a large portion of fans who well, dont' know the new stuff/want to hear nothing but the older stuff (or at least it seems).. would there be enough of a demand from a wide enough audience not saying "Garth- who's he?" (there are some out there) and not a swell of the, well, 'Eric church bro-country/Luke Bryan loving fans' segment who would e against it? no one REALLY knows... in the end... be excited, anticipate, but don't OVER anticipate, that leads to disappointment
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Opps I meant...

"With a Trisha Album"

I do think if he did concentrate on the album itself, it will go to number one, with NO Legacy, or Anthology or any package, just the Album, it will go to number.

And yeepers have more than 12 songs on it, make it a 14-16 song album.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Opps I meant...

"With a Trisha Album"
    gotcha- hopefully not...... (IMO - not that TY can't have a career and album and be with Garth, etc... but don't tie his releases to her.. )

I do think if he did concentrate on the album itself, it will go to number one, with NO Legacy, or Anthology or any package, just the Album, it will go to number.
    I would HOPE it would.. but I just can't be certain. Garth's alienated a few (well more than a few) fans, and may not be AS popular as he things he is/wants to be with the general buying public.. Still, I guess I do have to agree, the album would have a better chance of being #1 should he only focus on the album, as he'd have the full energy to use towards promotion and selling it...

And yeepers have more than 12 songs on it, make it a 14-16 song album.
    I'll take as many songs as I can get on a Garth album.... more the merrier
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

So would fans buy both versions of FUN if he released 2 versions, a version with 1 extra song and another with a different extra song. And eventually after selling out the first million with the extra songs, release a deluxe version with both songs on the album. I'd buy all 3 but again I am a collector. Since the album is called FUN, he could do the remake of FILP on version and some other fun version of a classic on the other. This would also set up for the Triple Live album coming out. I know Garth doesn't do what has been done before and he doesn't have the advantage Kenny did with a concert/ticket bundle to help with sales (another area Garth could make a killing in album sales. If he only did a few thousand with each concert, he could sell a damn lot of albums). I hope he has some tricks up his sleeve since we don't have the get in line at midnight to get new album vibe anymore and I am sorry, I don't want a Garth/TY album. I can see him releasing a boxed set like johnny Cash did in the 70's with Tammy Wynette called the king and Queen of country. My dad and his wife played that thing to death. I can just imagine a boxed set with 2 or 3 of Garth's albums (a hits package, a Live package and his first album and Trish doing like her first album, her hits album and the Frank Sinatra album) six albums for the low price of $15.99 in a boxed set. Will be interesting to see if he is able to use the quarantine to work on marketing and stuff on FUN instead of getting fat eating her food. But 2 years is way to long for an announced album. I am pretty mellow about things but this is kinda going to long.
    Last edited by gbkubfan; 05-11-2020 at 09:51 AM. Reason: misspelling

+ Reply to Thread