+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I dont think Garth's June concerts will go ahead.

I dont think Garth's June concerts will go ahead.

With sport in this part of the world, they're thinking of starting up LATE MAY at the earliest, but with no crowds for several months, I cant see how Garth can do a concert in front of a crowd in June.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I'm not thinking they'll happen then either.....
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Yep they're talking about sports here opening up with no fans in the stands either. I don't think large crowds will be a thing for another year or so until we get a vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    Yep they're talking about sports here opening up with no fans in the stands either. I don't think large crowds will be a thing for another year or so until we get a vaccine.
    I know it's selfish to say it, but Im' VERY glad now to have had Garth come to Denver LAST year.....

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Yeah, I'm supposed to go to Cincy, and re-booked hotel etc for the new date, but I'm also pretty sure now it won't be happening. Just hoping to be able to get to one of the first shows once he can get back on the road!
    Dreams can come true with God's great angels like you.
    Completely Wrapped Up in Garth, and loving it!

I wanted to go to Vegas this year, I know August is a few months away but I don't see it happening. We're in this until they find a cure or vaccine. With all the bad news lately, even Garth hasn't been able to cheer me up.

Im shocked that Garth has postponed his June concerts, it seems crazy there is will be 80K people in one place in eight weeks time.

He has or hasn't.

Opps sorry, i meant hasnt!!!

Mods may want to delete my previous message.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll be seeing any Stadium Shows this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think we'll be seeing any Stadium Shows this year.
    I totally agree. There's just no way and to even try would be irresponsible IMO.

I totally agree. There's just no way and to even try would be irresponsible IMO.
    I agree. As much as it stinks to think this way, It wouldn't be smart to rush things and thus potentially further damage things..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I just don't see a way for mass gatherings until there's a vaccine.

I just don't see a way for mass gatherings until there's a vaccine.
    yep..... the best you'd have is a virtual type of concert... (which he's done.... sorta... on the ISG side of things...). I suppose anything's possible but it's not likely that they happen on time

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    yep..... the best you'd have is a virtual type of concert... (which he's done.... sorta... on the ISG side of things...). I suppose anything's possible but it's not likely that they happen on time
    Thats a good suggestion, maybe a virtual reality concert, ya should ask that as a studio g question.

Taylor Swift has cancelled all her 2020 concerts.

Garth must be making this decision soon.

I think it would be wise thing for Garth to do. Scrap 2020, and come back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Taylor Swift has cancelled all her 2020 concerts.

Garth must be making this decision soon.

I think it would be wise thing for Garth to do. Scrap 2020, and come back next year.
    It would probably be best, but I dont' know if Garth will willingly go down that road. I hope he would...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

It would probably be best, but I dont' know if Garth will willingly go down that road. I hope he would...
    Willingly or not, it's not his decision to make. The circumstances will dictate what happens, and right now, it looks very doubtful that the circumstances will allow that many people to gather together in one place. Even an arena concert would be extremely unlikely, so you can forget about a stadium show holding 4-5 times that # of people.

Willingly or not, it's not his decision to make. The circumstances will dictate what happens, and right now, it looks very doubtful that the circumstances will allow that many people to gather together in one place. Even an arena concert would be extremely unlikely, so you can forget about a stadium show holding 4-5 times that # of people.
    Yep this isn't his decision.

Yep this isn't his decision.
    I agree- Even if Garth wouldn't willingly go down the road to cancelling.. He'd either be talked out of his decision or more likely- be overruled by a state order .. It's def. not his decision in the end. not in any final sense...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I know he doesnt make the decision, if they say, "he cant play" then he cant play.

But Garth can say "Im going to cancel, Im not going ahead with any concerts"

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    I know he doesnt make the decision, if they say, "he cant play" then he cant play.

But Garth can say "Im going to cancel, Im not going ahead with any concerts"
    He is probably going to set new dates for the shows in 2021. That is the way Ticketmaster & Live Nation are going to work around this situation.

The plan is once an actual new date is announced, any ticket holders have 30 days in which to request a refund. Once that passes, there will be no refunds. The key requirement is that a new date has to be scheduled, so my guess is that Garth is making arrangements to reschedule the already announced 2020 shows for Spring/Summer 2021, like most other bands are going to also do.

He is probably going to set new dates for the shows in 2021. That is the way Ticketmaster & Live Nation are going to work around this situation.

The plan is once an actual new date is announced, any ticket holders have 30 days in which to request a refund. Once that passes, there will be no refunds. The key requirement is that a new date has to be scheduled, so my guess is that Garth is making arrangements to reschedule the already announced 2020 shows for Spring/Summer 2021, like most other bands are going to also do.
    not that I'm doubting you or rejecting your statement, but where are you hearing this/evidence for such statements re: ticketmaster/livenation etc?

I'd imagine Garth is setting up new dates/trying to make things 'fly' as he can right now. that way he could probably announce cancellations/further postponements with as little disruption as possible..

One thing to remember though we all bang our heads about it sometimes.. Garth isn't 'like most other bands/artists' and will (seemingly) always do things his own way, be it good or bad

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

not that I'm doubting you or rejecting your statement, but where are you hearing this/evidence for such statements re: ticketmaster/livenation etc?

I'd imagine Garth is setting up new dates/trying to make things 'fly' as he can right now. that way he could probably announce cancellations/further postponements with as little disruption as possible..

One thing to remember though we all bang our heads about it sometimes.. Garth isn't 'like most other bands/artists' and will (seemingly) always do things his own way, be it good or bad
    https://www.ajc.com/news/national/ti...RWhIgEkbLFy1N/

https://www.ajc.com/blog/music/live-...Rw6onhqaAtCsO/
    Last edited by SoCalGarthFan; 04-19-2020 at 02:51 PM.

thanks for the URL's and links (both from same source , one a blog, one news..) interesting.. don't know that Garth will follow things to the letter of that one article but yeah I can see him as trying to find dates to postpone the concerts to again.. (ala next year)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I would not be surprised if you see the Largest single day Event Announcement ever on Friday May 1. It's hard to say how extensive it will be. An article I read, said that they are concentrating on April, May, June & July events for the time being. So it may be that Garth's Vegas show stays in place for now.....or not. For events starting in August, it's up to the individual acts whether to change now or wait until they determine August will be a no go.

That is my understanding, and I'm not sure it's up to Garth. I believe Live Nation has control over any concerts they promote, and Garth's are included in that category. I have heard that Live Nation has been telling those in the industry, that it is extremely doubtful that any large scale events will occur until November or December, under a best case scenario, and in the current environment, subject to change of course. All I am saying is that unfortunately......and as a ticket holder I include that for myself......the only reason Garth may not yet postpone/cancel Las Vegas, is because Live Nation is giving extra time for acts to reschedule/cancel those shows, before it inevitably becomes mandatory. Taylor Swift's recent L.A. Stadium Opening past, is Garth's imminent Vegas Stadium Opening future. He's not immune just because his shows are 2 weeks later and 300 miles away.

thanks for the URL's and links (both from same source , one a blog, one news..) interesting.. don't know that Garth will follow things to the letter of that one article but yeah I can see him as trying to find dates to postpone the concerts to again.. (ala next year)
    There are tons of other articles. Just Google (Live Nation Coronavirus) or (Ticketmaster Coronavirus). It came out late Friday night.

never said there wouldn't be other articles.. only that the one(s) you chose came from the same source.. it's not really a big issue...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I would not be surprised if you see the Largest single day Event Announcement ever on Friday May 1. It's hard to say how extensive it will be. An article I read, said that they are concentrating on April, May, June & July events for the time being. So it may be that Garth's Vegas show stays in place for now.....or not. For events starting in August, it's up to the individual acts whether to change now or wait until they determine August will be a no go.

That is my understanding, and I'm not sure it's up to Garth. I believe Live Nation has control over any concerts they promote, and Garth's are included in that category. I have heard that Live Nation has been telling those in the industry, that it is extremely doubtful that any large scale events will occur until November or December, under a best case scenario, and in the current environment, subject to change of course. All I am saying is that unfortunately......and as a ticket holder I include that for myself......the only reason Garth may not yet postpone/cancel Las Vegas, is because Live Nation is giving extra time for acts to reschedule/cancel those shows, before it inevitably becomes mandatory. Taylor Swift's recent L.A. Stadium Opening past, is Garth's imminent Vegas Stadium Opening future. He's not immune just because his shows are 2 weeks later and 300 miles away.
    I've also read other article and heard on the news that Live Nation was offering refunds. I think it's ambitious on November and December. I don't think there will be any mass gatherings of thousands of people until there's a vaccine and that won't be available until the first quarter of next year at the earliest.

So Garth's leaving it up to the states.

+ Reply to Thread