+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth & Trisha CBS concert...

In the USA, the best country in the world

Garth & Trisha CBS concert...

man- it's not showing in the mountain time zone (at least in Colorado) until 8 so I still have an hour to go and I am watching the pre show (managed to capture it!)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

This was a huge dud for me. Last week it was loose and then just being them. This one seems rehearsed and bland. It also has way too much Trisha.

anyone manage to capture the special for international fans?

Quote Originally Posted by parlevoo View Post
    anyone manage to capture the special for international fans?
    lol- that's an interesting one- yes and no and trying again are my answers...

yes I got it-

no- it didn't take the audio- I had that on a sep. program so I'm trying to mash them togther- dont' know if it worked yet..

trying to record it again from my DVR..

I make no guarantees of anything success wise or otherwise

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    lol- that's an interesting one- yes and no and trying again are my answers...

yes I got it-

no- it didn't take the audio- I had that on a sep. program so I'm trying to mash them togther- dont' know if it worked yet..

trying to record it again from my DVR..

I make no guarantees of anything success wise or otherwise
    thank you for at least trying! fingers crossed you have success

Hm- it wasn't as spontaneous as last week, for certain..

Some may say there was too much TY.. thats a fair assessment..

not enough surprise songs / covers / album cuts, etc..

however..

man, this was still a great show!! an hour of Garth and ty on network primetime TV. I wanna see the ratings!!

well done guys.. a great show overall- imperfect garth shows beat most other shows any day of the week!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Yeah I really enjoyed it!!

Garth & Trisha Live!
    S2020 E1 45:01
    Brooks and Yearwood will perform live from their home recording studio, Studio G, providing an intimate concert for viewers looking for the comfort and shared joy of music during this difficult time. They will bring their unique blend of casual style, remarkable chemistry and shared love of music to a television audience, emphasizing the message that "we're all in this together." (TV-PG) Air Date: Apr 1, 2020

https://www.cbs.com/shows/garth-and-...-trisha-live-/

Anybody got the setlist handy? I'm curious!

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    Anybody got the setlist handy? I'm curious!
    finishing up another post- I'll be right on this...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

***warning- this may be long as a reply***

Ok, gonna try and respond to multiple posts in one long one, forgive me if it's a bit jumbled...

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    - I felt disgusted when he said meeting Trisha for the first time felt like he just met his wife.
    I guess I can understand your thoughts here, though I gotta say I wouldn't say I felt disgusted. If anything, it made things a lot more clear as to WHY he's so devoted/in love / complimentary of her. I imagine for Garth to have had that type of instant chemistry with someone when they met for the first time had to be disconcerting and uncomfortable, esp. knowing he was a newlywed (13 months at the time I think it was?)

My opinion and just my opinion it is almost like Johnny cash and June Carter.
    - He loved sandy but married sandy because he felt like he owed it to her.
    - He had started seeing Trisha before he was divorced, he�ll might have been going on for years

I think sandy is a very nice woman, she seems genuine and put up with a lot including him cheating on her. Garth better be thankful she did not write a book or get nasty.
    From what I can gather after being a fan of Garth's for almost 30 years, and after all the news / tabloids / interviews / you name it that I've digested over that time, in addition to the (really close actually) encounter I had in passing with Sandy outside the gates of Garth's house...

Sandy MAY be nice, and she certainly had to put up with / digest a lot with Garth as his career was exploding, but she's also got a temper and an attitude. I think Garth's situation is def. a case of there are two sides to every divorce. Neither Garth NOR sandy was completely in the right. Neither Garth NOR Sandy were completely in the wrong. I know there are some (way over obsessed) fans who would back Garth completely and say to he## with Sandy, and there are probably some who would say to he## with Garth and back Sandy. The truth lies in the middle.. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    The whole evolution of their relationship is disturbing. It's hard to share Garth's excitement over her knowing there was a whole other life he had choose to live with another woman before she came around. At the same time I think Garth is being honest. What he felt about her never went away.
    . I'd think also that Garth is being honest. The feelings you have for someone, that connection... it won't go away. It may mellow, but it won't go away. I guess I have to ask, how much of the disdain for the excitement Garth has over Trisha (I share some of that disdain at times, I have to wonder if it's my fandom FOR Garth, or my 'meh' at times fandom for TY that causes it) is due to our not liking TY as an artist, etc?

It's not like he left Sandy the moment he met Trisha. It was a 12 to 15 year process.
    also true- From what I've come to understand too, it's not that 'He left sandy' either- it was almost the ultimatum type of thing from her (i.e. she left him / demanded he be at home more... as with most things I bet the truth is more in the middle of those two ends)

He was committed to her children.
    well, they are his kids too

Studying how his oldest daughter's body language is around Trisha and the things she talked about doing to her in the documentary lead me to believe that she may not think the highest of her. I heard from someone I met one time who was somewhat close to Garth's band members that yea, he and Trisha were definitely sleeping together in the 90s. And I'm betting Trisha isn't as innocent as she comes off as being in general.
    I would be willing to say yeah, Taylor is probably not (or wasn't) the biggest fan of Trishas... I mean, look at it this way, regardless of the situation when it happened... (the relationship etc) She was what, 9-10 when her parents divorced.. Garth has a new girlfriend at the time / new mother figure for her soon after... young teenage girl... it's a breeding ground for issues.. I'm sure there were some, and still may be some with her and TY..

Can't speak for things totally as it's all hearsay, but the 'evidence' mounts up.... All the rumors, the stories, the multiple tabloid articles... the way Garth talks about how he felt about TY when first meeting her.. the way he looks/acts/talks about her.. no one knows for certain (no offense to your friend but even 'a friend of a friend' type of evidence can't be taken as an end all type of statement) unless they were WITH them at the time, but if I were a betting man? I'd place bets on them having been together while Sandy and Garth were married..

What he said about the fire station moment and her filling out an application surprised me because he has told that story numerous times from the perspective that Sandy told it. Maybe he was doing that to make them look more unified at the time than they really were.
    good question.... I think right now it's not more than a anecdotal story

Saying all of that, I don't think Sandy would have gone on the documentary and said the things she said about him and them without there already being closure to the whole thing. It sounded like they were both worn out by their relationship and ready for it to be done. It happens and people more on with someone else they are happier with all the time. As far as a book, I bet there was something in their divorce settlement about that. Like Tiger Woods had with his ex super model wife.

I do think he had a big part of "saving' the girls life. I mean, what was that whole deal that one time about Sandy's relationship with someone like half her age and being kidnapped??
    Ahh yes, the Quintine harper (I think?) story.. the kidnapping and being dropped off at the convenience store for something (or escape) etc.. I'd have to go back and look at stories about it.. Id be willing to bet that Sandy went through a deep depression of sorts after the divorce happened. Sure she was phenomenally wealthy (125 million I think was the settlement?) and wouldn't have to ever work again, etc. She went into irrelevancy though, or back to 'normal' life. That had to be a shock. Plus, she had three small girls to co-parent with Garth, and while that was a rather amazing arrangement (I'd say that Garth did help 'save' his kids' lives (keeping them as normal as possible) ) it could not have made things truly easy for Sandy to reestablish herself / find her 'new normal'.....

From the pictures over the years (mostly unflattering tabloid ones I know) to her time in the documentary... I think there has been some closure, mellowing of feelings, forgiveness, healing, all of it.. They've all grown... Garth certainly has seemed genuine in his praising Sandy and talking about her and the kids, etc.. While Garth has his faults I know (never rely totally on a public figures' image through the media etc only) and certainly has made his share of mistakes, there's no real reason for me to doubt his words about Sandy.. I think they grew apart but have remained 'cordial' (and in the process have raised 3 strong girls who are following 3 distinctly different paths... (August for some reason seems to be the most intriguing of all of them to me, I don't know why)

I am not trying to shame garth or say he is a bad guy. I get people change and fall out of love. It makes me think less of him knowing he was with her while married. Sandy has never remarried and on the A&E special you could see she still loves him. Not in a I want you back way but in a special way. I think the oldest daughter cant stand her and you see it in her eyes. I am not a Trisha fan, I think she is fake and has the personality of a tick.
    I can't help but ask how much of this feeling about Garth/sandy etc. comes from your dislike of TY (not being a fan)? I'm not a huge TY fan myself.... I'd much rather hear Garth than her.. at the same point, I also get that you won't get 'Garth' without 'Trisha' in some capacity, and after having to go 14 years without really any 'Garth' during the retirement chapter of his career, its' a trade I'm willing to make right now...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I think my dislike for Trisha is from him shoving her down our throats and the fact she just seems fake. I don’t think sandy is innocent because it takes 2 but gotta wonder if Trisha was not involved would he had got divorced?

I think my dislike for Trisha is from him shoving her down our throats and the fact she just seems fake. I don’t think sandy is innocent because it takes 2 but gotta wonder if Trisha was not involved would he had got divorced?
    that's a good question, any answers we give would only be speculation at best...

I get your thoughts about TY.. I really do. I'm not the biggest TY fan either and there does seem to be too much 'TY' in the GB 'equation' sometimes....

is there CONCRETE evidence that she was involved? (I'm not doubting it, just curious- second/third hand sources aren't nec. credible... tabloid stories the same..). I'm sure there's 'fire' with all the 'smoke' .... but to what extent we really don't know

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Did anyone make audio tracks of the concert
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

not yet, it's in process

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    not yet, it's in process
    If no one has told you...and I apologize mods, youre a badass.

Quote Originally Posted by fences2312 View Post
    If no one has told you...and I apologize mods, youre a badass.
    This Forum Administrator agrees

thanks Fences! Thanks Spud!! I try to do what I can, busy as I get normally....

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

This will remain up for approx 10-12 hrs.. (until I get up in the morning and get going.. I'll then take it down and probably not bring it back up...

This is the audio of the CBS show, broken up into tracks with cover art and meta tags, etc...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hr7vou11gl...-2020.zip?dl=1

enjoy!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread