+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can Garth Use Corona Virus As Excuse To Delay FUN?

Can Garth Use Corona Virus As Excuse To Delay FUN?

A lot of major artists are delaying new albums because of Corona Virus. Bill Board had an article listing the major delays planned so far.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...ronavirus-list

It could be a good way for him to hold it back from release.

Personally I think it would be a great time to release the album. Give people something to listen to during the crisis.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Conspiracy theory!!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I think he will.

I was secretly hoping that he would release it during this time to give us something good to enjoy during this time.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    I was secretly hoping that he would release it during this time to give us something good to enjoy during this time.
    Agreed. But any excuse to push to the fall, and I’ll think he’ll take it.

Well you guys just jinxed it thanks lol

Did he announce that he delayed the album.

With the virus seemingly going on a little longer, I am thinking he will have to delay releasing FUN. He likes physical releases and stores might not be opened yet and stocked. Right now streaming and downloads and stuff are what is happening. Or maybe Garth is planning on making FUN his first stream/download release. This will be interesting how FUN will be accepted by auidences after the pandemic. Or maybe he will go the Talk thing like Legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    With the virus seemingly going on a little longer, I am thinking he will have to delay releasing FUN. He likes physical releases and stores might not be opened yet and stocked. Right now streaming and downloads and stuff are what is happening. Or maybe Garth is planning on making FUN his first stream/download release. This will be interesting how FUN will be accepted by auidences after the pandemic. Or maybe he will go the Talk thing like Legacy.
    my best guess? He does something ala legacy with talkshop live, especially with hashtag's involvement. Garth's loyal to a fault sometimes, even w/ crappy technology (ghost tunes for example though that was more him I think)..

will he have to delay it? no.. WILL he delay it? wouldn't surprise me- a good marketer (which Garth is) who's got an advertising degree (which he does) shouldn't have too much issue in trying to re-work things so he can say one thing (virus delayed) when another (tweaking album etc. or getting more singles out) is the reality...

it'd be darn nice to have the album though..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    my best guess? He does something ala legacy with talkshop live, especially with hashtag's involvement. Garth's loyal to a fault sometimes, even w/ crappy technology (ghost tunes for example though that was more him I think)..

will he have to delay it? no.. WILL he delay it? wouldn't surprise me- a good marketer (which Garth is) who's got an advertising degree (which he does) shouldn't have too much issue in trying to re-work things so he can say one thing (virus delayed) when another (tweaking album etc. or getting more singles out) is the reality...

it'd be darn nice to have the album though..
    Agree. I'm 99% sure he'll delay it amidst the current uncertainty. The problem is that so many things are getting delayed it might not do as well if it gets pushed to fall.

IMO the smarter thing to do is to surprise release it digitally on Amazon now. It'd get tons of attention and people who are stuck at home just might buy it in droves since we could all use a "Fun" album during all this, especially if he adds "Shallow" to it while it's got all this recent buzz from the ISG and CBS concerts.

He technically wouldn't lose any money since we've already all paid for it 2 years ago. He could then delay the physical release (with an extra song or two of course) until Fall if he likes. But yeah, I say drop it now as a surprise and watch the articles fawn over what a great thing it is!!

In fact, I keep suggesting this on twitter to the ISG team, but for some reason my tweets aren't making it on. haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    IMO the smarter thing to do is to surprise release it digitally on Amazon now. It'd get tons of attention and people who are stuck at home just might buy it in droves since we could all use a "Fun" album during all this, especially if he adds "Shallow" to it while it's got all this recent buzz from the ISG and CBS concerts.
    No chance Garth would do something that bold and spontaneous.

Prove me wrong, Garth!

I agree You put this out right now when everyone else is postponing their release and you score huge. Now you gotta do it digital but it would be huge

Oh FUN will be delayed until Garth gets a minimum shipment guarantee. Christmas. Easy.

I don't think FUN can be released this year.

Just think about it, the album is suppose to be FUN, the album is titled FUN, how
    can ya promote it.

Maybe wait till June 2021, summer in the usa will be starting, people will want to
    get out and have some FUN, so to speak.

I think releasing an album called FUN, in 2020, may not be a good idea?

Or am I over thinking it?

On the contrary, I say release it now, and I mean NOW while we’re all in throws of all this and bill it as an escape from the fear and uncertainty we’re in. An album called FUN is what we need now more than ever!

On the contrary, I say release it now, and I mean NOW while we’re all in throws of all this and bill it as an escape from the fear and uncertainty we’re in. An album called FUN is what we need now more than ever!
    Good point! I think if it is released, the promotion for it has to be handled right, the wording of it all. What garth says about, have to be very careful in the way its done.

Surely there has to be some kind of legal time frame you have to get a prepaid product to the customer. What are we going on now, 2 years?

Surely there has to be some kind of legal time frame you have to get a prepaid product to the customer. What are we going on now, 2 years?
    It'll be 2 years at the end of June this year yeah,..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Itd be nice, for 10 bucks, and two years, to at least see the damn cover.

I still say we should all call Amazon to cancel our preorders and get our money back. If several thousands of people did that, Garth would certainly hear about it and then just watch the damage control kick into action.

He should be using all these delays to come up with a better Album title! "Fun!" Is definitely the weakest of any Garth Album!

Naming it after Layla's bar like he said he considered would have been better because it has some kind of meaning that you could go back and learn more of. Even if that meaning was more for Garth than others.
    But, like all celebrities, he lives in a bubble. I think he is just more down to Earth than maybe others are. Maybe..

I still say we should all call Amazon to cancel our preorders and get our money back. If several thousands of people did that, Garth would certainly hear about it and then just watch the damage control kick into action.
    Feel free to do so, but honestly I'm gonna keep mine 'intact'.. I had to wait for 14 years for Garth to 'come back' after the initial round of his career, I can wait for the album- even if I don't want to

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Naming it after Layla's bar like he said he considered would have been better because it has some kind of meaning that you could go back and learn more of. Even if that meaning was more for Garth than others.
    But, like all celebrities, he lives in a bubble. I think he is just more down to Earth than maybe others are. Maybe..

'maybe' is right . we don't totally know..... If the album kicks when it's released a lot of the complaining will be forgotten...
    but he def is in a bubble of sorts

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    'maybe' is right . we don't totally know..... If the album kicks when it's released a lot of the complaining will be forgotten...
    but he def is in a bubble of sorts
    Very true. Shoot, maybe we'll find the title is appropriate.

Well, seeing that Sam Hunt, Kenny Chesney and others are still releasing albums, maybe Garth with take advantage of a slower market and release FUN. No competition to speak of. It may a great time to release FUN and sell and ship lots of CDs. People are bored, getting stimulus checks. If he does a deal with Wal Mart or Target, people can still get music at a store. Hoping.

(Lets say Covid19 is taken care of in the next few months) I think FUN will now be November, I cant see Garth delaying it further.

Next year will be Legacy 2. The Anthology will be put on the back burner along with whatever the Diamond series is.

I think Garth likes November releases. Plus the period between the November release of Legacy, it should give some pent-up demand for Garth material. I would like to see him release Legacy 2 this year. It will probably have a FUN vinyl and CD included in the set. Help bump up sales and numbers. But if he goes for Anthology 2, then maybe a FUN set with other 4 CDs. Who knows? So we potentially have, FUN, Legacy 2, Anthology 2 and Triple Live stand alone. Will be interesting which catalog music will be added so he can pump up numbers and sales. You know with him approaching 200 million, he will do a rerelease of his catalog with a 200 million foil on the CD. Going to be crazy once he does releases. And you know he is trying to pump up Trisha's numbers so we will get a duets CD. Maybe get a 60's/70's type album release with double album one with Garth and one with Trisha. But I really hope he releases FUN soon. I think he can own the charts for awhile and sell a lot of music. But again, it depends on deals with either Target or Wal Mart to have a store or stores to sell the CD. Probably both stores so they cut down on how many each store has to sell. He can ship 500,000 to each, get his get a million off the bat and when it sells, they can ship more. I think the Diamond Series will be a catalog set of his Diamond albums with the 200 Million numbers. He is only 44 million from the mark plus he hasn't updated all his certifications ( Christmas Together, Anthology etc).

Ok, gonna go through this with a 'looking at things from a release idea for THIS YEAR'

I think Garth likes November releases. Plus the period between the November release of Legacy, it should give some pent-up demand for Garth material.
    yes, there def. should be some pent up demand for Garth material.. absolutely. At least from the more intense and not casual fans

I would like to see him release Legacy 2 this year. It will probably have a FUN vinyl and CD included in the set. Help bump up sales and numbers.
    from the logical standpoint, it aint' gonna happen.. Not this year at least.. Between the facial expressions given when people have talked about vinyl for the new albums, and the fact that he was hyping things so much for Legacy last year (if not earlier, if memory serves, I think the pre sales were in march or April, but I forget) and he's not mentioned it at all, I think it's a long shot at best, and most likely a def. no go. not gonna happen. Garth may revisit the vinyl craze in the future, but I get the impression he's not AS into doing so as he has been with the last set. (at least not on this limited , collectors' type of scale..). ( keep in mind, I'd love to be wrong on a collectors point of view....

But if he goes for Anthology 2, then maybe a FUN set with other 4 CDs.
    as I've remembered Garth talking about it, the 2nd anthology will take the 'second 5 years' approach, up to retirement.. that would leave you with fresh horses, Sevens, and Scarecrow (I still dont' think he touches the CG concept with a 10 foot pole, though if he did, it would fit into this collection at least chronologically. It's def. going to be interesting to hear it talked about/ read about it, and see if the stories/opinions given are honest... Sure the music was great, but the concept.. horribly short sighted in the longterm scheme of things IMO)

Who knows? So we potentially have, FUN, Legacy 2, Anthology 2 and Triple Live stand alone
    Of the stuff you're speculating about, I would say the definite (well as definite as we could get I guess) is FUN.. that may be the only thing that comes out IMO.. Anthology 2 would be awesome, but it'd be mentioned by now I think... at least in some typical garth 'dropping hints' fashion... Legacy 2? not happening... at least not for a while.. Triple Live stand alone? ehh if you're talking about the updated 'version' with a few diff/added songs, I'd say it COULD hit soon, but not this year- I'd be willing to wager it doesn't hit until the main portion of the stadium tour is past, if not after it's done. Id bet that the Covid situation has pushed back more plans for Garth than just the concerts currently on the boards for June/August

Will be interesting which catalog music will be added so he can pump up numbers and sales.
    . Very true- In a hypothetical Legacy set, it would be interesting. I'd wager you MIGHT get 'Garth Brooks', 'Ropin the Wind', 'Sevens', 'Scarecrow' and maybe another live collection... (I could stand to see The Lost sessions on Vinyl but it's not likely I think)

You know with him approaching 200 million, he will do a rerelease of his catalog with a 200 million foil on the CD. Going to be crazy once he does releases. And you know he is trying to pump up Trisha's numbers so we will get a duets CD. Maybe get a 60's/70's type album release with double album one with Garth and one with Trisha. But I really hope he releases FUN soon. I think he can own the charts for awhile and sell a lot of music. But again, it depends on deals with either Target or Wal Mart to have a store or stores to sell the CD. Probably both stores so they cut down on how many each store has to sell. He can ship 500,000 to each, get his get a million off the bat and when it sells, they can ship more. I think the Diamond Series will be a catalog set of his Diamond albums with the 200 Million numbers. He is only 44 million from the mark plus he hasn't updated all his certifications ( Christmas Together, Anthology etc).
    Look man if I'm honest? I think you put WAY WAY too much thought into the #'s on this ... not trying to be an a@@ and not a complaint, but that's a lot more thought about the #'s than I think even Garth may give.. (in some respect)..

I would LOVE to see Garth 'OWN the charts' as you said.. looking at the wikipedia discography page though (and yes I know Wikipedia isn't a totally viable source as it can be edited, however its' the only site I saw that had decent #'s stated

I don't see Garth OWNING the charts. I think his 'comeback' bubble has in some ways if not totally burst.. Garth's last album didnt' even get to #1.. it peaked at #4 .. MAM peaked at #1 but it was the comeback album...

maybe this is a reason (unwritten) that FUN hasn't been released either. it' could be a case of 'absence makes the heart grow fonder'..

The Diamond series? Def. has the ring of a re-issue (yet again) of Garth's albums. maybe it' could be a 'super box set' with all the albums, adding yet another song or two to each (at least from Sevens onward).. If there was enough added to the set, I'd def get it... I have to admit, I've grown tired of the re-re-re-re-re-releasing of stuff. At least, of the 'trying ot make things new and exciting...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

You make some good points but I have to add one thing. It is hard to judge the chart reception Gunslinger got. It was included if my mind serves me right, in the Ultimate Collection, that collection went to #1 so technically, Gunslinger was #1 Country. Gunslinger was also bundled with Christmas Together and made it to #3 and then it was sold as a stand alone and was #4. So 9it is hard to judge how the album stand alone could have done if it was released by itself. I think Garth over marketed the release trying to help Trisha and his numbers. i think if he handles it right he can have a good chart run but again it will take timing during this pandemic. He waits until everyone else decides to release thier albums he won't make the splash he could. Plus I think Garth does like the numbers or he would update the entire catalog at one time instead of doing those that are close or for whatever reason. I use Christmas Together as an example. It has bee selling at Xmas every year and charting. It should have shipped more than a million copies, yet it hasn't been certified. And why doesn't he certified as gold and not wait until platinum. He keeps track of the numbers and has a method to his madness...LOL. I am curious to see how he is doing on the actual Soundscan/Neilsen sales numbers. he was 5 million ahead of the Beatles and approaching a 100 million in sales not shipped copies. Bur Beatles have released Abbey Road Deluxe and that could help raise their sales numbers also. But again good points and we will just have to wait for something to be released.

+ Reply to Thread