+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Road I'm On- gets a DVD release

In the USA, the best country in the world

The Road I'm On- gets a DVD release

https://themusicuniverse.com/lionsga...wuF6AXA5E9OMBE

However,

somethings off/different... the digital copies I have w/o commercials are each about 85m long.. each PART is about 85m... therefore, you're talking roughly 3 hrs 10m added together. the only way this article is accurate totally is if they are talking about only one part, or if it's a 2 DVD release... or something of that nature- a def. possibility...
    Last edited by Skywise; 03-17-2020 at 01:42 PM.
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

This is the info Lionsgate sent so it’s accurate. They didn’t specify it being part one, so I’d safely assume the commercials made it longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    https://themusicuniverse.com/lionsga...wuF6AXA5E9OMBE

the only way this article is accurate totally is if they are talking about only one part, or if it's a 2 DVD release... or something of that nature- a def. possibility...

Unless its edited and parts are taken out
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

Quote Originally Posted by themusicuni View Post
    This is the info Lionsgate sent so it’s accurate. They didn’t specify it being part one, so I’d safely assume the commercials made it longer.
    Look, I'm sure it's possibly accurate.. However, knowing that there were 2 parts of 85+minutes EACH... (and yes that's after taking out the commercials- my downloads did not have commercials on them) , it is impossible that it can be a single dvd release of just shy of 90m.. not without having MAJORLY edited the broadcast down.. while I'm sure I COULD be wrong... and this could be an oversight in either your article, OR on Lionsgate's behalf.. the commercials making it longer would not make up for about doubling the length of the show.. that's simply not the case.. it can't be..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

If there’s any oversight, it’s on Lionsgate’s behalf as their press release stated the running time I published.

Look, I'm sure it's possibly accurate.. However, knowing that there were 2 parts of 85+minutes EACH... (and yes that's after taking out the commercials- my downloads did not have commercials on them) , it is impossible that it can be a single dvd release of just shy of 90m.. not without having MAJORLY edited the broadcast down.. while I'm sure I COULD be wrong... and this could be an oversight in either your article, OR on Lionsgate's behalf.. the commercials making it longer would not make up for about doubling the length of the show.. that's simply not the case.. it can't be..

I guess we'll have to see in the end where the oversight is/was (really doesn't matter totally), the running times don't match/add up is all. hey, maybe it's being released in 2 parts and the info you were given is only for part 1 ,who knows... till it arrives it's all speculation anyway

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I hope it's not edited, but who knows?

If the whole thing is only as long as the info posted? (1h 29m I think?) then it’s def been edited.. will have to wait and see and compare

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

If the whole thing is only as long as the info posted? (1h 29m I think?) then it’s def been edited.. will have to wait and see and compare
    It’s 129 minutes which translate to 2 hr 30 min

It’s 129 minutes which translate to 2 hr 30 min
    Ehh not to nitpick

But 60min=1 hr therefore 129m = 2h 9 min

To be 2h30m you’re looking at 150min.

At 85+min each part, you’d have to have a run time of about 170min at least (that accounts for commercials being out of the showing), and at your stated time of 129m either a mistake has been made in the data presented OR you’re taking about 35-40m of footage being edited out

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Ehh not to nitpick

But 60min=1 hr therefore 129m = 2h 9 min

To be 2h30m you’re looking at 150min.

At 85+min each part, you’d have to have a run time of about 170min at least (that accounts for commercials being out of the showing), and at your stated time of 129m either a mistake has been made in the data presented OR you’re taking about 35-40m of footage being edited out
    I did realize my math was a bit off, but I was driving and couldn't correct it before you commented. I hope it's not edited and just a guestimate by Lionsgate's part, but I guess we'll find out when it's released.

I did realize my math was a bit off, but I was driving and couldn't correct it before you commented. I hope it's not edited and just a guestimate by Lionsgate's part, but I guess we'll find out when it's released.
    no worries on the math being off I was typing while parked myself.. I do hope it's not edited.. but we'll have to look and see what happens

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Have we found out yet if the documentary on DVD is edited down in length??
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

Quote Originally Posted by Garthoholic24 View Post
    Have we found out yet if the documentary on DVD is edited down in length??
    have not found out anything concrete yet myself but if the 'info' leaked/put out there etc.. is correct, it is definitely edited down, by about half... (which is why it can't be correct IMO)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I doubt it is edited down if anything they add bonus features so you will buy it.
    Can’t believe garth is not having this released with another project. Would not be shocked if the Fun album is not included with it

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    I doubt it is edited down if anything they add bonus features so you will buy it.
    Can’t believe garth is not having this released with another project. Would not be shocked if the Fun album is not included with it
    I'd think it'd not be edited down either, which is why I am confident there's an error somewhere, either in the original article or (more likely) in the info that came from lionsgate. there's no way they can put a 2h40m (approx) special into 1 dvd show of 1h29m without cutting about half of it..

Id love to see bonus features added... here's a question.. what would be good (and logical, and likely) (we all have desires of 'bonus things' garth wise) bonus features to include in the set?

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I would love to see a bonus feature of his two brothers telling stories of a young garth. I think it would be cool to see other family members speak about him.

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    I would love to see a bonus feature of his two brothers telling stories of a young garth. I think it would be cool to see other family members speak about him.
    that'd def. be cool. I'd be interested to hear more from his kids/Sandy too... but def. early garth stuff... childhood friends maybe?

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread