+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Things Are Looking Bad

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I agree with Wimpy.. every state seems to be doing their own thing.. In Colorado, the Governor has allowed his statewide 'stay at home order' to expire, transitioning to a 'safer at home' order.. essentially it's the same thing as the stay at home order, though a few counties are still going to try and open a bit .... The day after the stay at home order was announced, multiple counties announced extensions of their own stay at home orders. (we live in an area that has a 'tri county' health department.. 2 of the 3 counties in that grouping (I live in Arapahoe County, the other two are Douglas and Adams) did so, with only Douglas county not extending the tri county stay at home order ....

restaurants are take out/delivery only. My family is trying to eat out at least once a week from a local mom/pop restaurant, to do our little part to help them stay afloat.. shops? closed mostly, minus curbside pickup and deliveries.. . Malls? closed. Theaters? closed.. churches? all online or 'drive up' only. (stay in cars for services...)

schools closed for remainder of academic year, but they are (our local district) trying to find ways to honor the seniors who have had their years ripped up/changed.. I think they're planning a limited in person graduation ceremony at the end of July)

mountain town places of Rec? closed.. (the Taekwon-do group I am a part of as a 5th degree black belt just cancelled their summer world camp and several seminars over the next few months).. (our local TKD class has had no in person classes since first part of march...)

open stores (grocery, Home Depot, Walmart/targets etc.. (pet stores too) ) are operating under curtailed hours with strict social distancing and limited entrances enforced...

on the other hand, I'm averaging about 3-6 miles walking a day... (shortest was about 3.1, longest has been 11.39 miles)

on the other hand, I may have time to break into my garth collection/figure out what's actually in there (lol I keep telling myself that)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

My state (Ohio) is 'gradually reopening', not that I'm leaving the house for anything but chemo. Manufacturing, retail (with severe restrictions) and some warehousing will open on Monday. Dentists and Vets by next Friday. No inside dining for restaurants, no salon/nail shops in the near future. Guess I'm going to trim my hubby's hair. I won't need a haircut until mine grows back in the fall.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by BLL View Post
    My state (Ohio) is 'gradually reopening', not that I'm leaving the house for anything but chemo. Manufacturing, retail (with severe restrictions) and some warehousing will open on Monday. Dentists and Vets by next Friday. No inside dining for restaurants, no salon/nail shops in the near future. Guess I'm going to trim my hubby's hair. I won't need a haircut until mine grows back in the fall.
    Hope the chemo is going well, it seems Ohio is doing the same as this part of the world, opening up in stages, it's the sensible thing to do.

Thank you. And yes we have a sensible person in charge right now.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

We are now in the first few days of level 2 here. Malls are open, and they let a handful of people in at a time, you have to sign a register first.

Restaurants are open but they are only allowed a certain amount of people. we can now fly to other parts of the country. Sports are starting up :-) to
    empty venues.

So we are slowly getting there we have only had 2 new cases in the past six days I think.

Our hair dressers are very busy. :-)

Here's hoping this thing is getting flattened around the world.

Most states here are open to some degree. Some more than others.

You know what bothers me. Is we're almost 3 weeks out and Garth still hasn't given a time line or said anything about cancellations. Legally Garth doesn't have to refund people's money unless he cancels the show. This bothers me because right now I'm sure some people who bought tickets to that show need money right now and their money is being held because he won't make a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    You know what bothers me. Is we're almost 3 weeks out and Garth still hasn't given a time line or said anything about cancellations.
    true, I can see how that would be bothersome.. Honestly, there are some reasons I can see Garth wanting to hold off as long as possible (trying to find alternatives, was to house things, wanting ot be the first 'show' back and get the coverage that comes with that... (I dont' say they're GOOD reasons just that they are potential reasons

Legally Garth doesn't have to refund people's money unless he cancels the show. This bothers me because right now I'm sure some people who bought tickets to that show need money right now and their money is being held because he won't make a decision.
    OR, perhaps it's a situation where Garth maybe doesn't have the say/influence/deciding importance that we think.. I agree, likely it's a situation where Garth should up and cancel, but perhaps there is more to this than has been let out/shown to the public

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

regardless, I'm starting to really be thankful that Garth came to Denver LAST year...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

From reading NC's phase opening. They are starting phase 2 openings on Friday. It seems he's moving as scheduled. If they state moves on their projected timeline, phase 3 won't start until a full 4 weeks from Friday which will put phase 3 occurring no June 19 a full 6 days after the schedule show. That week 3 concerts are scheduled to happen. Def Leppard, Garth and Billy Joel. I'm assuming all three concert are going to be rescheduled at some point. Skywise you're probably right. I have heard Live Nation isn't letting some artists cancel. Maybe it's in his contract with Ticketmaster. Just offer people the option of a refund.
    Last edited by wimpy77; 05-20-2020 at 12:22 AM.

...Just offer people the option of a refund.
    Well, Garth has said something on the lines of people coming only if they feel safe, etc (not exact words)... but yeah- hasn't given refund option.. I'm sure there's flack to be had and something will break one way or the other

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

From reading NC's phase opening. They are starting phase 2 openings on Friday. It seems he's moving as scheduled. If they state moves on their projected timeline, phase 3 won't start until a full 4 weeks from Friday which will put phase 3 occurring no June 19 a full 6 days after the schedule show. That week 3 concerts are scheduled to happen. Def Leppard, Garth and Billy Joel. I'm assuming all three concert are going to be rescheduled at some point. Skywise you're probably right. I have heard Live Nation isn't letting some artists cancel. Maybe it's in his contract with Ticketmaster. Just offer people the option of a refund.
    Live Nation isnt letting artists cancel???, Yeah uhm, if an aritst doesn't want to perform because of covid, Live Nation could sue them, Live Nation could take legal action, but Live Nation cant physically FORCE an artist to
    do a concert with 74K people.

So many top name aritsts have come out and canceled shows in cities that may be open.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Well, Garth has said something on the lines of people coming only if they feel safe, etc (not exact words)... but yeah- hasn't given refund option.. I'm sure there's flack to be had and something will break one way or the other
    IF NC decides an artist CAN do a concert with 74K people, and Garth goes ahead, he will catch some major major major flack for it, not just on these boards.

IF NC decides an artist CAN do a concert with 74K people, and Garth goes ahead, and someomne catches Covid 19 and dies, Garth's career is destroyed.

IF NC decides Garth concert cant go ahead, then people will say fair enough and hope it gets postponed to a later date.

IF Garth says, Look I have permission from NC to do the concert, But I wont for safety reason, than people will thank Garth and he will get credit for putting safety first.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    IF NC decides an artist CAN do a concert with 74K people, and Garth goes ahead, he will catch some major major major flack for it, not just on these boards.
    from some, yep- especially if someone catches covid/there is an outbreak- legally that could be problematic for Garth in our litigious society

IF NC decides an artist CAN do a concert with 74K people, and Garth goes ahead, and someomne catches Covid 19 and dies, Garth's career is destroyed.
    financially if not actually, for certain (short of having every single person going through the gates submit to a temp check / other legally binding releases..

IF NC decides Garth concert cant go ahead, then people will say fair enough and hope it gets postponed to a later date.
    he'll still catch flack but will be able to deflect it some

IF Garth says, Look I have permission from NC to do the concert, But I wont for safety reason, than people will thank Garth and he will get credit for putting safety first.
    and he'll still catch flack.. let's call it what it is- Garth's a public persona- he can't make a decision either way w/o catching heck from people

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Hi, I never ever thought about the financial side of Garth's career getting destroyed if someone gets covid and dies, didn't think of people suing and such.

I was thinking that his Career would be destroyed for going ahead with a concert with 74K people who wont be social distancing and someone dying from covid.

Heck he will even catch some flack even if no one catches covid for doing the concert and it wont be the usual "Plant Garth flack" He will get some
    serious bad press.

If someone catches Covid and dies, he wont be able to some back from this, it will be career ending for him, there's a reason sport is in empty stadiums, and artists
    are cancelling or just doing online/drivethru shows.

This is not a Chris Gaines/wont go on Itunes moment for Garth.

Just look at the backlash that people get on your local news for not social distancing.

Garth's career will be over if he goes ahead with NC and someone dies.

The flack he will catch for cancelling will be nothing compared to the flack from going ahead and someone ends up dying.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 05-20-2020 at 05:58 PM.

Hi, I never ever thought about the financial side of Garth's career getting destroyed if someone gets covid and dies, didn't think of people suing and such.

I was thinking that his Career would be destroyed for going ahead with a concert with 74K people who wont be social distancing and someone dying from covid.

Heck he will even catch some flack even if no one catches covid for doing the concert and it wont be the usual "Plant Garth flack" He will get some
    serious bad press.

If someone catches Covid and dies, he wont be able to some back from this, it will be career ending for him, there's a reason sport is in empty stadiums, and artists
    are cancelling or just doing online/drivethru shows.

This is not a Chris Gaines/wont go on Itunes moment for Garth.

Just look at the backlash that people get on your local news for not social distancing.

Garth's career will be over if he goes ahead with NC and someone dies.
    like I said, he'll catch flak no matter WHAT he decides to do / has to spin because the decision has been made for him.. no one really knows, but it's def. got to be somewhat concerning I'd imagine. Still, Garth's not a dumb person by any stretch- he's going (I'd wageR) see what CAN be done if anything to hold things, yet back off if no way forward is there... (at least that's my guess- which I fully admit could be wrong)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Yep he will catch some flak no matter what he does.

Its nothing though compare to what will happen if someone indeed gets covid and dies, this is something he wont be able to come back from.

Then there will be his mental state if someone dies, how will he handle it?

I think he'll probably end up rescheduling again

I think he'll probably end up rescheduling again
    Maybe he will, maybe he won't.

I'm sure he has a whole road map planned out for this Stadium Tour, and maybe even has dates already booked for 2021.

Don't be shocked y'all, but Garth is sort of a control freak. If it doesn't suit his flow, then he'll stand his ground. Even if it means cancelling a concert or 5. I realize this is different from a Stanley Cup game or a local ordinance, but it's still an inconvenience.

You're probably right, and he'll end up rescheduling the 2 shows, and soon, the Vegas date. The money is just too big to throw away, and otherwise the year 2020 would be a wash revenue wise, since instead of keeping a portion of the money if people hold their tickets until 2021, he'll have to refund it all. And there won't be any other revenue this year, since we all know he's probably also going to delay the release of Fun! until 2021.

It was announced today that the June 13 Charlotte date has been moved to October 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by tcgb View Post
    It was announced today that the June 13 Charlotte date has been moved to October 10th.
    Good job Garth!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tcgb View Post
    Pretty risky since many are saying the 2nd wave of the virus is almost certain to return in September/October. NFL teams are already planning on games being played in empty stadiums. I'd bet on it being postponed again.

Now it makes me think he's trying to get fans to hold onto their tickets rather than request refunds, which would be more likely if they announced the shows were being postponed until next year.
    Last edited by SoCalGarthFan; 05-22-2020 at 12:11 AM.

New Zealand has only had two new cases in the past week.

We had around 1400 people, over all, with covid. Most have recovered.

There is currently only 27 people in NewZealand that have covid.

We are still in what we call "Alert Level 2" Places are all open, but you still have to social distance and we
    are not allowed large gatherings, but we can travel up and down the country.

Social distancing and wearing masks is the key!

New Zealand has only had two new cases in the past week.

We had around 1400 people, over all, with covid. Most have recovered.

There is currently only 27 people in New Zealand that have covid.

We are still in what we call "Alert Level 2" Places are all open, but you still have to social distance and we
    are not allowed large gatherings, but we can travel up and down the country.

Social distancing and wearing masks is the key!
    You guys have rocked the virus so far. Your Prime Minister knows what she's doing.

Over here, there is a hurry to open things back up. Lots of places showing signs of a complete lack of social distancing.

Mask wearing is hit or miss. There is even a bit of a backlash by some against having to wear them at all. Some states have higher rates of compliance while others have a very low percentage wearing masks. Churches starting to open up, again with some people wearing masks, but not everyone.

On Sunday we had 126,000 New Cases, and 1,100 Deaths. As the country approaches 100,000 Total Deaths in 3 Months, the New York Times did the 1st Eight Pages of it's paper, to list 1,000 Victims of the virus, along with brief obituaries, while pointing out that it represents only 1% of the total thus far. The projection site I look at each day is predicting the total will be 180,000 by August 4th, but they update daily, so that could just as easily change.

And as bad as things are here, they're even more tragic in Brazil. It is really starting to fall apart there, with no signs of reprieve for weeks or months even.

Yeah, NZ is doing well, we are in the home stretch so to speak.

Businesses/people here are trying to do their best with social distancing, a few bars have been told to shut down by the police, because they had made no effect to
    social distance their customers.

Most people whether it be NZ or the USA have been great, just a handful of people who dont seem to get it.

Here's hoping the USA is on the downward trend.

Those numbers are so sad.

Yeah we saw on the news here Brazil is in a lot of trouble. :-(

+ Reply to Thread