+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Things Are Looking Bad

New Zealand will go to Alert Level four in 48 hours and we will be in Lockdown for four weeks.

Scary stuff. We can still go to supermarkets to get supplies or we are allowed to go a walk in our neighbourhood but only with the people
    that we live with.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I think that a similar order, at least in part, will hit the US soon... several states are proactively doing similar..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    I think that a similar order, at least in part, will hit the US soon... several states are proactively doing similar..
    I think the states would have to order it themselves. The federal government isn't going to do it. If they were they would have done it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    I think the states would have to order it themselves. The federal government isn't going to do it. If they were they would have done it by now.
    I'd hope that's the case.. it would def. send one heck of a potentially ominous precedent if done federally, but it COULD happen..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I'd hope that's the case.. it would def. send one heck of a potentially ominous precedent if done federally, but it COULD happen..
    Our Government has never done this before, (outside of war time, WW2) its a once in a lifetime thing, unless your in a communist country, I dont see any
    Government doing it regularly. The public wouldnt stand for it.

This covid19 thing is that serious, that it had to done in countries around the world.

This will never happen again in my lifetime.

Fortunately, being a potato means I am immune.

When you look at the number of cases and especially new cases. Over half are coming from New York.

When you look at the number of cases and especially new cases. Over half are coming from New York.
    yeah- I can read stats, wimpy... I didn't say it WILL happen. I said it COULD happen... not gonna to the absolute route as anything is as of yet possible until it's over/not gonna happen..

Denver's mayor issued a shelter in place (lockdown) order today as the governor wouldn't.. (but then again our gov. is a huge POS)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Announcement Tuesday morning about the status of Charlotte & Cincinnati shows. I imagine they'll be postponed as opposed to cancelled.

I would imagine postponement too.... I can’t imagine garth would want a cancellation unless absolutely necessary

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

So how is everybody doing?

What's the current state of your city, state, country?

New Zealand is the same nationwide, lockdown, you go to the supermarket, or for a walk in your neighborhood, but only with people you live with, we have had around 450 cases and one death.

Our lockdown is due to last four weeks, we started 4 days ago.

USA stats... can be found on most MSM sites...

here in Colorado....

as of 3/28...

Total cases - 2061
    Total deaths - 44

we just got major disaster status to ease barriers to fed. assistance.

we are under a statewide stay at home order though there are still some major morons who are going up to the mountains and trying to ski, etc. off trails and out of bounds etc..

most of the state SEEMS to be taking this seriously...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

here in Colorado....

as of 3/28...

Total cases - 2061
    Total deaths - 44

we are under a statewide stay at home order though there are still some major morons who are going up to the mountains and trying to ski, etc. off trails and out of bounds etc..

wow, seems there are idiots worldwide, we still have people going surfing etc, but thankfully most people are staying at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    wow, seems there are idiots worldwide, we still have people going surfing etc, but thankfully most people are staying at home.
    Here in CA, I heard that someone was out surfing. Police waited on the beach until he was finished, and then gave him a $1,000 citation when he came out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    Here in CA, I heard that someone was out surfing. Police waited on the beach until he was finished, and then gave him a $1,000 citation when he came out of the water.
    Good....

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    I heard California's governor has threatened to put businesses electricity and water to keep them from opening up.

here in Colorado....

as of 3/28...

Total cases - 2061
    Total deaths - 44

At least you have a governor that has done something. Mine is just trying to pray it away.

At least you have a governor that has done something. Mine is just trying to pray it away.
    The governor's a POS (forgive the language acronym).. he only acted on the stay at home order after multiple counties did it on their own as he wasn't doing it. who's your governor (what state?)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I really don't see the rest of Garth's tour going ahead. I think we're in this until a cure/medicine/vaccine is found which I don't see happening anytime soon.

Travel will also get very expensive when we get out of this. I'm glad I got to see him when I did.

The governor's a POS (forgive the language acronym).. he only acted on the stay at home order after multiple counties did it on their own as he wasn't doing it. who's your governor (what state?)
    Tate Reeves in Mississippi. We call him tater tot because he's stupid.

Joe Diffie dies of complications of Covid 19.

So so sad, I really got into him in the 90's, saw him open for Brooks N Dunn in Phoenix in 1995. On a road trip of the
    USA that my brother and I did in 1993, the country radio stations were always playing him.

Brett- I already posted bout this.. but yeah, it does suck!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I've been in isolation since January 20th; I was diagnosed with cancer and have had surgery and will have my second chemo in a week. Won't be done with treatment until October, so no concerts for me!
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by BLL View Post
    I've been in isolation since January 20th; I was diagnosed with cancer and have had surgery and will have my second chemo in a week. Won't be done with treatment until October, so no concerts for me!
    All the best for your treatment, hope it all goes well.

Thanks, Brett, you're very kind. Had the second treatment today;let the hair fallout commence!
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by BLL View Post
    Thanks, Brett, you're very kind. Had the second treatment today;let the hair fallout commence!
    Think of the amount you will save on haircuts! :-)

Well the shops here are all closed, so at least I won't get shaggy or show roots ( I don't colour my hair).

How is your state/country doing with Covid/Lockdown?

New Zealand has come out of alert level 4, and will be in alert level 3 for two weeks.

Restaurants/bars are still closed, but we can do takeaways and businesses have to make sure customers and workers are two meters apart.

Some non essential businesses can open, factories/ building sites, can open if workers social distance.

Malls retail stores still have to be shut. Kids can go back to school if both parents work and they're under 14 years of age, most classes though are very empty.

Professional sports people can train but only with the people they live with. In four weeks sporting events can take place but only in empty staidums and only under
    very strict conditions for the players.

Elective surgery can go ahead, and dentists are also open. Hairdressers arent allowed to open.

We have 4.7 million people, and have had 19 deaths, and around 1400 cases in which 1200 have recovered, there are currently 200 people in hospital.

Where I live. Restaurants, movie theaters and large venues, hair and nail salons are closed and will be for the foreseeable future. Restaurants can offer takeout and most do now if they want to stay in business. A lot of retail shops opened this week but they are only allowed 10 people inside their stores but people can order and pick it up curbside. Schools here are done for the academic year and won't open until next school year. Every state is doing their own thing.

+ Reply to Thread