+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Don't Do A Movie But Still Make The Music

Don't Do A Movie But Still Make The Music

I know a lot of Garth fans love the Chris Gaines music but Garth is not into it anymore. I still think he should do an EP or album of new Chris Gaines music. It was great music and he doesn't need it to be a million seller, just sell what the market will handle. i think a Chris Gaines album would sell pretty good. And as a side note, he should release a vinyl copy of the original Chris Gaines album. But he is probably going to release Chris gaines album as part of Legacy 2. Oh well.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I know a lot of Garth fans love the Chris Gaines music but Garth is not into it anymore. I still think he should do an EP or album of new Chris Gaines music. It was great music and he doesn't need it to be a million seller, just sell what the market will handle. i think a Chris Gaines album would sell pretty good. And as a side note, he should release a vinyl copy of the original Chris Gaines album. But he is probably going to release Chris gaines album as part of Legacy 2. Oh well.
    Hmm- I don't know if Garth really wants to drag that part of his career back into the spotlight as part of a vinyl ''legacy 2' set or much of anything of the sort. I dont' honestly think "Chris Gaines" music would sell appreciably well. you'd have some niche buyers (aka us fans ) but total sales? ehh- they might be ab it flat IMO.. Now, I wound't mind hearing it myself.. some more music would be good, though the 90's pop sound isn't really the same anymore either so you'd have to adjust things that way..

I wouldn't mind seeing Garth (lol ) "cover" a CG song in a more countrified type of way though (ala It dont' matter to the sun, but more country...) some songs were better than others. it's good music but yeah- not the BEST use of Garth's talents..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    It was great music and he doesn't need it to be a million seller......

But he is probably going to release Chris gaines album as part of Legacy 2. Oh well.
    I love your post and Iíd love for him to revisit the Chris Gaines stuff. It is the most artistically stretching thing heís done in my opinion. However, I picked out two things you said to comment on.

I personally agree that a great musical project doesnít need to be a million seller, but good luck convincing Garth of that. He doesnít seem to want to bother with a project if it isnít going to net an RIAA certification.

Second, I have major doubts the Chris Gaines album ends up in Legacy 2. It wasnít included in the digital bundle, itís never been in any of the box sets, etc. Heís all but tried to pretend it was never a release in many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    I love your post and I’d love for him to revisit the Chris Gaines stuff. It is the most artistically stretching thing he’s done in my opinion. However, I picked out two things you said to comment on.

I personally agree that a great musical project doesn’t need to be a million seller, but good luck convincing Garth of that. He doesn’t seem to want to bother with a project if it isn’t going to net an RIAA certification.

Second, I have major doubts the Chris Gaines album ends up in Legacy 2. It wasn’t included in the digital bundle, it’s never been in any of the box sets, etc. He’s all but tried to pretend it was never a release in many ways.
    Yeah I agree he's done with it. If there's any place for the project to be revisited at all, it'd be the Anthology II book, which would be a perfect place for it to be addressed. He could tell his side of the story in his own words, throw out all the mea culpas he wants to downplay how it went down, and the accompanying disc could have a few demos and/or extra tunes that didn't make the original album, if there are any.

Even with all of that, though, I'll bet he barely mentions the project in Anthology II, and even if he does, I doubt any of the CDs in the book will have any songs from it.

And that's unfortunate IMO, because That's the Way I Remember it, Lost in You, Driftin' Away, Right Now, and Maybe are all GREAT songs and deserved better than to be just tossed aside and never spoken of again.

+ Reply to Thread