+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth Announcement leaks???

Garth Announcement leaks???

Could this be the announcement????

He Will play the very last concert at the original venue of Austin City Limits.

https://www.nashcountrydaily.com/202...n-city-limits/

I doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    I doubt it
    I dunno... that could be it. Remember, "Big" and "Historic" to Garth are often way different than what the rest of us would consider "big" or "historic."

Being the last concert at the Austin City Limits venue would be something that Garth, and perhaps his band, would likely label as big and historic. So this totally could be it.

I agree. A strong possibility.

I think if it ends up being this, then the next announcement, is also going to be a "First" or "Last" at a venue.

So is there any famous stadium that is closing down, or any famous stadium that has yet to hold a concert?

I can't imagine that he would hype an announcement for an intimate event that is going to cost a minimum of $2,500 to get into. This event is geared towards people with money they're willing to donate, not even the most hardcore Garth fan is going to be able to afford a ticket to this.

I still believe it's going to be another Stadium show announcement. But we'll see in a few hours.

I wonder if the "Historic" announcement is new RIAA numbers. I know, I know, I am fixated on numbers. But he could have did a simple drop at RIAA with the five albums but he is getting the awards in person? It would be great to see him with the five awards and how many other configurations of the 156 they might give him. Plus maybe they add Christmas Together, the Anthology part 3 and whatever is left over. That could count as leftover. Plus anthology 3 had Triple live and if it sold anywhere near anthology 1 (almost 300,000) the total shipped could add numbers to anthology 3. Speculating is FUN. I can just see him surrounded by all those awards. His 8th Diamond etc. Plus could Triple Live get a Diamond already? It has 4 million, add the downloads, the anthology 3 and maybe with 3 discs he adds 6 million more to become diamond. Or maybe he is bundling Triple Live with FUN and has set a deal with a major retailer to sell them together. Well we will hopefully know later if the tornado hasn't effected the announcement.

The “historic” announcement is a stadium show at Allegiant Stadium in Vegas.

If it is.... :rolling eyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    The “historic” announcement is a stadium show at Allegiant Stadium in Vegas.
    More Vegas...ugh.

Well, it’s the first major concert there, so of course it’s “historic”

Again, “big” and “historic” to Garth are much different than “big” and “historic” to us.

Yes but what a stadium. This new stadium for the UNLV/Las vegas Raiders is the bomb.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/busine...-1Utg0I4ESUWsU

It's probably the perfect event for them to see how the stadium will hold up for the football games. Like when he did the stadium in Atlanta. Just wish he would go somewhere besides Vegas as the next concert since he's been there so much the last 10 years.

Las Vegas is not huge or historic
    Austin city limits I thought garth bragged about being affordable?

Both are why we don’t get excited when he says huge

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    Las Vegas is not huge or historic
    Austin city limits I thought garth bragged about being affordable?

Both are why we don’t get excited when he says huge
    Based on the way the ISG comments were made over the last few weeks when he's talked about the announcements "in hte next 10 days" and "historic" (I dont' totally remember him saying huge but I'm not saying he didn't.. he may have said it).... It's technically "historic" as garth haven the first concert at the new LV stadium is historic (kinda like ND was historic as Garth was the first concert there, or when he opened the sprint center in KC, or the Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta..

I guess it's kinda time for a paraphrased Obi Wan Kenobi comment:

"What Garth told us was true...... From a certain point of view"
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Since Las Vegas is my hometown I think it is historic. Since it is the Entertainment Capitol of the World I think it counts as historic. Most of the acts who play Las Vegas are doing residencies these days. A concert with that many people is pretty big no matter what city. Sure he did a residency and nobody complained about seeing him there. I have heard some complaints about him being in Las Vegas again. I hope I can make it.

Well I got the venue wrong, but I was right about the "first" thing.

In terms of his announcements now, I think we have a pattern, its either going to be Opening or closing a venue.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I'd love to make it- unfortunately I'll be back to school and working and can't exact drive west across Utah to get htere- but it's def. cool.. It's historic in some ways.. meh in others.. dep. on how you look at it I guess
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Again, “big” and “historic” to Garth are much different than “big” and “historic” to us.
    Over the years it has become very obvious this is the case.

My guess for the "huge" announcement will be Garth coming to AT&T Stadium in Dallas. If so, he may get over 100,000 in Jerry's World. Trying to figure out what could be bigger than that.
    "Just keep taking chances and having fun."

Quote Originally Posted by GarthdaMan View Post
    My guess for the "huge" announcement will be Garth coming to AT&T Stadium in Dallas. If so, he may get over 100,000 in Jerry's World. Trying to figure out what could be bigger than that.
    it's already been announced. His playing new stadium in Las Vegas.

Sorry I may be confused, am I right in thinking, The first announcement was "Austin City Limits" and "Vegas" is the Historical Historical, one?

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Sorry I may be confused, am I right in thinking, The first announcement was "Austin City Limits" and "Vegas" is the Historical Historical, one?
    No, Vegas was the Historical one. From what the recap here said, the "Historical Historical" announcement is next week.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    No, Vegas was the Historical one. From what the recap here said, the "Historical Historical" announcement is next week.
    Thats good to know!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by GarthdaMan View Post
    You must be a fellow Metroplex citizen. I think he must have some big plans for AT&T stadium since he hasn't come here yet. He knows he'll break records with that show.

+ Reply to Thread