+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will Concerts Be Affected By Coronavirus

Will Concerts Be Affected By Coronavirus

Saw that there is concern about concerts being cancelled by the virus. Not a concern in US yet thank goodness. But something to think about. In other concert info Garth is bucking a trend. A lot of artists are having trouble filling up stadiums and should be doing arena shows. Interesting article.

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=...RS-IS-NOT-GOLD

Let's hope not. This thing is actually less lethal than the flu but it's become a political topic.

Yeah that would suck. There's one Japanese band that I listen to (not sure why they caught on with me but they did) who had to cancel their shows for the next month due to a request by the government because of coronavirus concerns. Obviously Japan is much closer to China but you never know.

Here in Switzerland all events with more than 1'000 people have been banned until at least March 15!! :shock:
    Last edited by Lowland_Kid; 02-28-2020 at 07:12 AM.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

I don't think it will happen, the money is to good and what will they do with baseball, NCAA March Madness, and NBA? But here is new article on concert bizness.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...sxsw-coachella

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I don't think it will happen, the money is to good and what will they do with baseball, NCAA March Madness, and NBA? But here is new article on concert bizness.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...sxsw-coachella
    You are correct, there is a HUGE amount of money involved. It could blow up the economy. But it's premature to assume anything at this point. Especially for concerts that are months away. The possibility for large scale cancellations is definitely present. Nobody knows for sure, and anyone who says they do, is jumping to conclusions.

I'm looking at chemo/radiation , so no concerts for me. I'll be house bound after monday for the for see able future.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by BLL View Post
    I'm looking at chemo/radiation , so no concerts for me. I'll be house bound after monday for the for see able future.
    All the best for your treatment! Stay Strong! And take care of yourself!!

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Amen to that, Brett, and Barbara- Brett's right- stay strong and take care of yourself!! You will kick this in the butt!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by BLL View Post
    Sending prayers your way!

Some areas of the service industry will be the first to be hit, and it's already starting. Probably shouldn't give specifics since there's been no public announcement yet, by my sister's job is now being affected drastically as of tomorrow. We may just see extreme measures taken like we haven't seen before! I was at an AHL game tonight, and thinking if just 1 guy in the league gets sick, how fast that could spread to every single team. If this does get bad enough, I definitely see concerts etc starting to be cancelled.
    Dreams can come true with God's great angels like you.
    Completely Wrapped Up in Garth, and loving it!

Well, if there's one thing Garth has experience with, it's cancelling concerts. But not to worry, he always makes them up. Just ask Dublin or Tampa.

+ Reply to Thread