+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New certifications; garth at 156 million

New certifications; garth at 156 million

The latest RIAA records show Garth at 156 Million albums with Triple live, No Fences and fresh Horses being certified.

Well done Garth, hes cracked the 150 million mark.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    The latest RIAA records show Garth at 156 Million albums with Triple live, No Fences and fresh Horses being certified.
    No Fences was certified at 18x Multi-Platinum (1st certification since 2006)

Fresh Horses was certified at 8x Multi-Platinum (1st certification since 2006)

Triple Live was certified at 4x Multi-Platinum

It also appears The Chase is now at 10 million and In Pieces is at 9 million. Makes sense. He was at 148 now it is 156. That would be Triple Live at 4 million with No Fences, Chase, In Pieces and Fresh Horses each going up 1 million. That would make the 8 million jump.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    It also appears The Chase is now at 10 million and In Pieces is at 9 million. Makes sense. He was at 148 now it is 156. That would be Triple Live at 4 million with No Fences, Chase, In Pieces and Fresh Horses each going up 1 million. That would make the 8 million jump.
    Yes that is what it says at the RIAA page.

The chase has gone diamond!

Garth now has EIGHT Diamond awards.

THE HITS
    THE ULTIMATE HITS
    GARTH BROOKS
    NO FENCES
    ROPIN THE WIND
    THE CHASE
    SEVENS
    DOUBLE LIVE
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 02-18-2020 at 07:25 PM. Reason: eight

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Garth now has EIGHT Diamond awards.

THE HITS
    THE ULTIMATE HITS
    GARTH BROOKS
    NO FENCES
    ROPIN THE WIND
    THE CHASE
    SEVENS
    DOUBLE LIVE
    Sweet!! Awesome!! Wahoo!! Great Job Garth! Mission Accomplished!

(Now can you please just release Fun?!?)

This really confused me. Garth is not one to miss a PR opportunity. I mean, where is the big announcement about the 8th Diamond Award? Where is the announcement letting the fans know he added 8 million in sales and passed the 150 million mark? Has he changed? Is their something he isn't telling us (why even ask that question)? Are more certifications coming? And does this mean another boxed set with catalog music to help In Pieces, Sevens, No Fences (to become a Double Diamond? Will we ever see Christmas Together get certified? Questions, questions, questions. Anyway, what a big accomplishment for Garth.

This really confused me. Garth is not one to miss a PR opportunity. I mean, where is the big announcement about the 8th Diamond Award? Where is the announcement letting the fans know he added 8 million in sales and passed the 150 million mark? Has he changed? Is their something he isn't telling us (why even ask that question)? Are more certifications coming? And does this mean another boxed set with catalog music to help In Pieces, Sevens, No Fences (to become a Double Diamond? Will we ever see Christmas Together get certified? Questions, questions, questions. Anyway, what a big accomplishment for Garth.
    Great accomplishment for Garth, I dont think he has missed the boat here. I think he has something planned.

We have Fun being released in the Summer, we have 10-12 stadium shows, 6-8 Dive Bar shows.

So thats one album release and 20 shows for 2020.

I would put money on it, that Garth has got something up his sleeve, something good!!

There is no way, he would let cracking the 150 million album mark with the RIAA and having his eight album go Diamond go unnoticed.

To let that slide without a mention, is crazy, I think our man is up to something!!

Makes you wonder what it is? And is he holding off doing other certifications? I mean he did 3 separate certifications...1 in December, 1 in January and the 3 on Valentine's Day. And 8 million copies in still a big number, no matter who you are as an artists. I am still curious about Sound scan numbers and sales versus shipments. He will probably get his 150 million award, 8th Diamond etc at Detroit. I wonder if he will release stats on the Legacy project. Plus The Anthologies charted so will they be certified along with other catalog albums (since some haven't been updated since 2006). For a numbers person like me, this is kinda cool and cool for Garth fans. :-)

This seems strange. No other CD in the box has been certified more than 1 million. Seems like it could be an error somewhere?
    GARTH BROOKS
    Title: THE ROAD
    Certification Date: December 9, 2016
    Label: PEARL RECORDS
    Format: ALBUM
    SHARE MORE DETAILS
    Release Date.November 11, 2016
    Category: SOLO
    Type: Standard
    Certified Units: 2 Million
    Genre: COUNTRY
    Previous Certification:
    2x Multi-Platinum | December 9, 2016
    Platinum | December 9, 2016
    Gold | December 9, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by gbfevernorway View Post
    This seems strange. No other CD in the box has been certified more than 1 million. Seems like it could be an error somewhere?
    GARTH BROOKS
    Title: THE ROAD
    Certification Date: December 9, 2016
    Label: PEARL RECORDS
    Format: ALBUM
    SHARE MORE DETAILS
    Release Date.November 11, 2016
    Category: SOLO
    Type: Standard
    Certified Units: 2 Million
    Genre: COUNTRY
    Previous Certification:
    2x Multi-Platinum | December 9, 2016
    Platinum | December 9, 2016
    Gold | December 9, 2016
    The Road is considered a 2-disc set therefore it sits at 2 million while everything else in the box sits at 1 million.

Wasn't that a double CD? I could be wrong. But who knows. They should just certify every album at one time and get it together. LOL.

Wasn't that a double CD? I could be wrong. But who knows. They should just certify every album at one time and get it together. LOL.
    You are very much correct! It is a double cd. I never opened the box, so I was not aware.

So what albums need to make Diamond? In Pieces, Fresh Horses and maybe Triple Live? Will be interesting to see if he starts pushing music from those two catalog albums to push them over the mark and make it an even 10. Then he will probably have Triple Live as a stand alone and it will hit Diamond also. What's left but a Double Diamond for No Fences.

+ Reply to Thread