+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth needs new merchandise and a Graceland

Garth needs new merchandise and a Graceland

I took my mother to Graceland a few years ago and watched as she lost her mind looking at all the things there. We need a museum or Garth’s version of Graceland. How cool would it be to walk in and see the awards, shirt and hat he wore for the album covers it network specials and etc. He would have an outlet to sell everything garth and could have garth exclusive items there. He could host a music event once a year and it would be amazing.

Also why has garth never done a collector series of figures. Like in the small action figure type thing. He could release ones for major events like live specials etc. just a thought that would be cool.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    I took my mother to Graceland a few years ago and watched as she lost her mind looking at all the things there. We need a museum or Garth’s version of Graceland. How cool would it be to walk in and see the awards, shirt and hat he wore for the album covers it network specials and etc. He would have an outlet to sell everything garth and could have garth exclusive items there. He could host a music event once a year and it would be amazing.
    Hmm. Ya know, I've been to Graceland and it was def. interesting.. but I can't say I agree with this sentiment/statement.. While Graceland was an interesting museum, it's INCREDIBLY gaudy and touristy. It did show (to me at least) how important he was to Memphis, but it's nothing but a tourist trap

Would it be cool to see some of that stuff you mentioned? Sure- but an exhibit at the Country music hall of fame and museum would be just as good. Honestly, Garth doing something like that to me would be a money grab like no other..

New merch. Is a good idea.. but there's a good idea, and overkill IMO
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    Also why has garth never done a collector series of figures. Like in the small action figure type thing. He could release ones for major events like live specials etc. just a thought that would be cool.
    A Collector series of figures? eh.......... that would be ......... different. I can see myself collecting 'garth figures' but I cant say it'd be a successful venture for him...

Now an official Garth Pop Vinyl figure type of thing? that'd be cool- but still, it'd be a collecting Niche... not much more

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    A Collector series of figures? eh.......... that would be ......... different. I can see myself collecting 'garth figures' but I cant say it'd be a successful venture for him...

Now an official Garth Pop Vinyl figure type of thing? that'd be cool- but still, it'd be a collecting Niche... not much more
    Garth pop vinyl figure would be awesome, and massively successful I would say.

He wanted to turn the home he owned in Nashville before he retired and moved back to Oklahoma into a museum but the neighbors already said they would put up a fight over it if he did.

I think it would be nice for Garth fans to have a place like that to go to.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    He wanted to turn the home he owned in Nashville before he retired and moved back to Oklahoma into a museum but the neighbors already said they would put up a fight over it if he did.
    I remember reading a bit about that back in the day- . having been to the house (well, the gate(s) anyway.. and knowing the road, etc. that you had to drive to get up to it. I can see the reasons (at least some) that the neighbors would have- traffic... nah- it'd be a mess.

Still, don't quite know that it'd be a great idea.. IMO.. Graceland, while interesting, is in a way so gaudy...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread