+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Super Bowl half time show... any chance?

Super Bowl half time show... any chance?

Do you ever see a day when Garth performs at halftime?

Seeing the direction that they have taken with artists recently, my gut says there will never be that day.

But if the committee ever wanted to shift focus back to a country/rock style of music and appease that group of viewers... he is the only true legit country option in my mind.

Nobody else out there carries the clout, has the high energy and showman attitude it would take. He's got those songs that much of America would know.

But would it be enough to ever get the invite? I saw in the documentary that there was a little bit of tension around his national anthem performance way back in the day with the whole We Shall Be Free video... did he burn a bridge there that forever sealed his fate? Or maybe he simply has no interest in the first place?

Highly doubt it.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by jb2sprint View Post
    Do you ever see a day when Garth performs at halftime?
    in a simple way of answering, NO. After listening to what Garth had to say about anthem thing and the NFL almost not playing the WSBF video on the Super Bowl broadcast, it's clear to me that he's really stubborn.. the NFL (as much as we'd like to see him do the show) doesn't NEED Garth at all. He's burned a bridge there, I doubt he'd do it- I doubt he's even goign to be considered sadly

Seeing the direction that they have taken with artists recently, my gut says there will never be that day.
    they def. don't seem to like country performers, and I'd wager that even if hte DID have a country act it'd be someone like Carrie Underwood or someone else.. maybe Luke combs or some other up and comer...

But if the committee ever wanted to shift focus back to a country/rock style of music and appease that group of viewers... he is the only true legit country option in my mind.
    he's def got the energy tha'ts for certain- as great as they may be to listen to, Alan Jackson andGeorge Strait for example, would probably put the audience to sleep and not have a high energy show. most country acts that aren't the bro country crap sub-genre seem to almost be the same ...

Nobody else out there carries the clout, has the high energy and showman attitude it would take. He's got those songs that much of America would know.

But would it be enough to ever get the invite? I saw in the documentary that there was a little bit of tension around his national anthem performance way back in the day with the whole We Shall Be Free video... did he burn a bridge there that forever sealed his fate? Or maybe he simply has no interest in the first place?
    Well, to quote Garth's own song

"Burning bridges
    One by one
    What I'm doing
    Can't be undone"

I'd say unfortunately. Garth's burned the NFL bridge... would love to see it rebuilt and Garth could DEF do a great job, but dont know if he'd be allowed or interested..

NOw..... WHAT songs would he sing? you figure a medley and a few others- , maybe a total of what, 15m or so? (how long was performance this year?)

I'd say (at FIRST thought- could change)

FILP
    WSBF
    Aint going down
    Rodeo
    Cold Like That (well heck we can dream eh?)
    All Day Long (at this point)
    Dive BAr (possibly)
    The Dance (he'd prob. end w/ it somehow..)

FIRST thoughts..... they may change
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I think there is no way that the NFL would ever ask Garth again, he just doesnt suit what the half time show is and I dont think Garth will ever say yes to it anyway.

If they ever go for a country guy, I do think maybe Chris Stapleton or even Billy Ray Cyrus since he seems to be back in favour. I think both artist would do a great show.

I agree with Skywise and I'll take it a step further and say that I never wanted him to Half-Time a Super Bowl ever since I can remember. Could he do a good show? Maybe. But in this day and age of Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, the mixture of hate tweets and Chris Gaines jokes people might pull off would be on the levels of hate posts you'd see being directed at politicians and to me, it just ain't worth it guys. And for the record, I've had the same opinion even before all three of those platforms became mainstream.

Garth is better off without the NFL and I hope that he addresses that on ISG because you know some people on Facebook and Twitter will want him on a Half-Time show.

I submitted a question to Studio G a couple of years ago about him doing it but it wasn't picked to answer.

I think he does have a chance. They don't always pick the latest stars for the performance. Country music is never represented and Garth has shown star power with his sold out stadium shows. It would have to be if the Super Bowl is ever in a town like Nashville. But if that happened it would probably be Tim McGraw since he's a huge Tennessee Titans fan and was a presenter in the draft last year. I bet though that Garth wouldn't want to do it. Maybe.

jay z was chosen by the nfl to handle their halftime show. so as long as he's in charge of that no.

First of all everyone says he burned his bridges but you do realize that was 27 years ago. I am pretty sure everyone involved is either fired or retired.

- Garth would not want to do it? Are you kidding me? Why would he turn down a chance to play in front of millions of people? He would jump on that in a second

- Jay Z and his woman may not be doing the halftime show much longer. They decided to take a seat for the national anthem and are getting destroyed on social media.

Do I think he will ever be asked? No
    Why? Because music these days sucks ass and they think putting washes up people like Lopez is going to hype it up

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    First of all everyone says he burned his bridges but you do realize that was 27 years ago. I am pretty sure everyone involved is either fired or retired.

- Garth would not want to do it? Are you kidding me? Why would he turn down a chance to play in front of millions of people? He would jump on that in a second

- Jay Z and his woman may not be doing the halftime show much longer. They decided to take a seat for the national anthem and are getting destroyed on social media.

Why? Because music these days sucks ass and they think putting washes up people like Lopez is going to hype it up
    Good points. I'm just not sure he would want to get into all the politics of doing the show. Remember, he did turn down the Olympics opening ceremony. Yes, it was because he had retired, but he's not above turning down big things. AKA, Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post

I don't think the NFL cares what Jay Z does.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I kinda always thought KISS would be a good halftime show- they love the spotlight, could have pyrotechnics and flamboyant performances, play snippets of a few songs, and end w/ rock n roll all night... Garth could even reprise hard luck woman (had to connect it to Garth ) with them.. Not to mention, if they can have The Rolling Stones still get out and perform, KISS could too.. . just sayin..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

No way lol, Garth burned that bridge long ago IMO.

+ Reply to Thread