+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "I dont know if I can handle the speed of 2020" Garth Brooks

"I dont know if I can handle the speed of 2020" Garth Brooks

"I donít know if I can handle the speed of 2020 the way itís lookiní right now, but Iím willing to find out," Brooks says. "This... itís gonna be fun."

Bono is around the same age of Garth, in 2017 U2 did 51 stadium shows in 2017,

If Mike Jaggar can tour and do 20-30 stadium shows a year and hes 20 years older.

If Bruce springsteen toured in 2016 as a 66 year old and did over 40 shows a year.

Elton John, Billy Joel, etc etc...

I honestly think if Garth cant handle 10-12 stadium shows OVER a year, then he may have to
    look at a second retirement.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Honestly, this seems to fall into another line of "if others do X, why won't Garth?" type of questions... It may not be the show amounts, it may be the type of shows or the combinations of types (dive bars and stadiums).. Plus, I'd say in order to be able to use the other artists listed, (U2/Bono, Springsteen, Billy Joel/Elton John/Mick Jagger, etc.) you have to honestly then break things down to the entire concert.. type? venues? crowd size, entertaining style, activity during set(s), length of shows distance between concerts, you name it. there are a lot of variables...

I Think Elton's stopped touring, or is... but I could be wrong..

Thing is, we can speculate as to why Garth said what he said all day long, but knowing his penchant for over hype/over selling things.... this may all be nothing more than the same type of statement from Garth... something to be loved, but looked at objectively and/or critically (not nec. in a bad way..)

sounds to me like a way to have Garth hype the dive bar and stadium co portions of the tour- maybe they'll be in diff. cities this time...... or back to back.. or maybe he'll do multiple stadium shows in each city... his statement could mean a lot of stuff not that he physically can't handle things... not nec...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Elton is still touring, hes on his farewell tour, hes coming to NewZealand this Feb I think.

Yeah I know the statement form Garth, was just PR, to get the fans hyped for 2020, to get people buzzing again.

My point is, 10-12 stadium shows, 8 dive bars over 12 months is a breeze for an artist in his late 50's, he will be able to handle it.

I got my numbers from the other artists from their tour page. They were stadium shows, around the same running time, they were all in a bunch.

The majority of the shows were like over a two month period (which seems harder) then a break for two months then shows over a two month period.

Again, the number of shows that garth is doing over a 12 month period, he should be able to handle i

Judging by youtube clips, springsteen/Bono/Jaggar has the same sort of energy level as Garth does on his stadium tour.

I know the statement by Garth was just a fun type thing, but of course he is going to handle it.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 01-30-2020 at 06:03 PM.

Then why did you bring up the idea of a second retirement? From what Garth has said in the past, he's not going to let that happen again, and it seems to me that you're still pissed off at him not going to Dublin.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    Then why did you bring up the idea of a second retirement? From what Garth has said in the past, he's not going to let that happen again, and it seems to me that you're still pissed off at him not going to Dublin.
    Uhm no, Im not from Dublin, Ireland. So im not beeped off about that, I couldnt be further away from Ireland, Ireland is at the top of the northern hemisphere in Europe, I live in New Zealand which is in the south pacific in the southern hemisphere.

We are about a three hour flight away from Australia, we arent land lock, so we are all by ourselves in this big wide world.

Anyway, I would call doing 10-12 stadium shows a year, maybe 8 dive bars, as basically semi retirement. 20 shows a year should be easy for Garth to do, he should be able to handle that.

If that is what he wants to do, then that is what he wants to do.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 01-30-2020 at 11:35 PM.

OH MY BAD MY BAD.

A politician may say "I miss spoked"

I have to say, I missed wrote.

I meant to write.......

"SEMI" RETIREMENT.

and not.

"SECOND RETIREMENT"

Completely different meanings.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    "I don’t know if I can handle the speed of 2020 the way it’s lookin’ right now, but I’m willing to find out," Brooks says. "This... it’s gonna be fun."
    This just sounds like normal Garth hype-speak and nothing more. Kinda like the "the second half is going to make the first half look small" statement and other things like that. Just something to get people excited for the year. I certainly don't think he meant for anyone to read too much into it or to start drawing direct comparisons with other artists.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    very true, Emerald.. I think it's got a lot to do with extending the dive bar 'mini shows'..... honestly.. Garth's nothing if not good at hype..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread