+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So what are you all expecting from "Fun"

So what are you all expecting from "Fun"

Bought this up in the other thread I started in "Other Artists" about Eminem.

With the five songs that have already been released, I would say that it's already
    10 times better than Gunslinger.

I would say the five songs don't seem to be following a pattern to be on one individual album,
    each song could belong on another of his albums, it doesn't really have an album feel to me yet,
    just a collection of great songs.

So what do you want (Musically) from the remaining sevens songs to be released?

I think there has to be a song that surprises, something unexpected. something that
    will get the boards talking (doesn't have to be political or anything).

I really want this album to be brilliant, hes had two and a half years to work on it, it better
    be damn good!! Which Im sure it will be. :-)

I want a song like "Eighteen" on it. I'm really not too impressed with the songs we already have. They're not bad. Just not something I want to keep going back and listening to. Though I do like All Day Long and Dive Bar. I look forward to having Live Again recorded. I'm kinda thinking it's not going to blow us out of the water since the released songs haven't done much on the charts Which is why he's been waiting two and a half years to finally get it out to us. BUT, I really really do hope I'm wrong. I want some more good Garth stuff to listen to nonstop!

Honestly, the delay is annoying...and I really liked Gunslinger and Man Against Machine. I would really love Fun to be a double album since we had to wait so long, but heck...I'll take whatever music Garth wants to release.
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

I want story songs that he used to be so good at. I want Alabama Clay, In Lonesome Dove, Cowboy Bill, Mr Midnight, Fish, etc.

I’m expecting it to never be released.

I think Garth should just drop the album tonight, we’re going to get the album . It will be released!
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

I am surprised he isn't releasing it on Friday. There is no other country album being released but Carly Pearce. Great week to be out. But he probably waiting for the last few people who haven't bought Legacy and will wait until later in March or April.

Quote Originally Posted by pudge104 View Post
    I’m expecting it to never be released.
    So uhhh.. this album happening? If it’s like “Gunslinger” I recommend he NOT release it.
    SO many amazing songs on Man Against Machine. Was an AMAZING come back album.. and they let that slip away.

+ Reply to Thread