+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So what are you all expecting from his concerts in 2020

So what are you all expecting from his concerts in 2020

New stage?
    New intro?
    New setlist?
    Different type of performance??
    Steaming coverage?

If Garth does the same setlist with the same stage and no coverage, and the same performance
    will that disappoint you? Or will you take it as more Garthy Goodness!!

Its a new decade, I think it has to be something different!!

In the USA, the best country in the world
    hmm- briefly...

New stage? yes- he's said as much
    New intro? MAYBE - but it's gonna have much the same feel as the last leg of the tour- may still start w/ All Day Long
    New Setlist? perhaps via a song (or 2).. maybe rotating cold like that in based on reaction from Knoxville, and keeping Dive Bar in the Mix.. pushing a song back into a "selected" song of housekeeping. Otherwise an overall new setlist? no. not at all.. Garth varied very little in his setlist(s) this leg- he varies very little ever if at all it seems
    Diff performance type? not at all- it'll feel the same- awesome but the same
    Streaming coverage (as Steaming coverage would be weird ). - possibly. . but only if you pay some sort of fee

Same setlist/same stage/no coverage/same performance=disappointment? it will be diff. stage that's been said already, perhaps newish intro but it'll be largely the same I feel- disappoint? no- expect it- it's still garth performing which is better than Garth not performing...

it's not gonna be too different
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Look, I love Garth, but I think this is where we let history be our guide. History has shown that these "changes" are usually fairly minor yet get pretty major hype. As others have said here, it is always best to manage expectations. On the arena tour remember when he talked about the "wings" of the stage and made this big deal out of it? It ended up being so minimal that it was barely noticeable unless you were really looking for it. He talked about the different intro and it changed from the "Man Against Machine" intro to playing about 90 seconds of "Baby Let's Lay Down and Dance" so he could go straight into "Rodeo" and play the same set as '98 (with a few songs moved around).

My point is, history has shown us over and over again that changes to the tour are usually minor. He's had basically the same stage set up with a few minor tweeks since 1996. Sure the intro is different, but that stage is pretty similar. It's comfortable, it's what he likes, and to be fair it works.

For me, when it comes to the show it just is what it is. There will be minor tweeks, but pretty much the same as it has been for a long time and I don't expect anything major to change anytime soon...if ever.

BAM!!! Ryan with the mic.........Drop...

Well said!!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

and this cements what I told Anna on Twitter last night: we are a 24/7 Thanksgiving table here.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Look, I love Garth, but I think this is where we let history be our guide. History has shown that these "changes" are usually fairly minor yet get pretty major hype. As others have said here, it is always best to manage expectations. On the arena tour remember when he talked about the "wings" of the stage and made this big deal out of it? It ended up being so minimal that it was barely noticeable unless you were really looking for it. He talked about the different intro and it changed from the "Man Against Machine" intro to playing about 90 seconds of "Baby Let's Lay Down and Dance" so he could go straight into "Rodeo" and play the same set as '98 (with a few songs moved around).

My point is, history has shown us over and over again that changes to the tour are usually minor. He's had basically the same stage set up with a few minor tweeks since 1996. Sure the intro is different, but that stage is pretty similar. It's comfortable, it's what he likes, and to be fair it works.

For me, when it comes to the show it just is what it is. There will be minor tweeks, but pretty much the same as it has been for a long time and I don't expect anything major to change anytime soon...if ever.
    Yep. Status quo. But with the concerts that's not necessarily a bad thing. Like you said, he's had the same basis setlist and format since 96, but it works. I have more than a few friends who feel that a (comeback era) Garth Brooks show they've attended was the "best concert they've ever been to." So yeah, status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Yep. Status quo. But with the concerts that's not necessarily a bad thing. Like you said, he's had the same basis setlist and format since 96, but it works. I have more than a few friends who feel that a (comeback era) Garth Brooks show they've attended was the "best concert they've ever been to." So yeah, status quo.
    It def. works.. It's very clear though that Garth is not aiming his music at the more hard core fan.. he's seemingly more focused on pleasing the niche fan, or the casual fan, or the (forgive me if I bring up negative emotions with some present and past PG 'nutts here). obsessed, blind, rose colored glasses wearing Garth can do no wrong types..

It's a bit like wrestling.. There are "Smart" fans (meaning you know the truth about the industry etc.) and "mark" fans (who fully buy into all of it... not nearly as many as there usED to be, but..)

Garth's concerts (and marketing it seems) cater definitely towards the "Mark" fans, and not the "smart" fans... the "smart" fans are still fans.. still passionate about Garth's music and all... but we've seen behind the man behind the curtain.. We've seen the truth of his 'career', the good and the bad..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread