+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth called out for Fun delay

It's a fair criticism IMO. The preorder went live in June 2018, a year and a half ago. Fun should have come out Fall 2018 and we should be talking about its follow-up coming out this year. But alas...

Also waiting for the stand alone triple live. :-)

Disappointing, but Garth does not care. He'll Spin it, and then change the subject to something on his agenda that he'd rather talk about.

Yup. :/

I hate pre-orders anyhow. I hope he will stop doing them. I like going to the store the day of release and buying them. People can be so, I can't think of a nice word, but don't want to take time to support a store. I am a grumpyold guy. I admit it. nI hate self check, pre-order etc. So maybe we can get a surprise release or something cooler.

I wonder if he thought he would be releasing it on a wave of a number 1 song that he thought Stronger Than Me would be and had to adjust when it bombed.

- I am not mad that I pre ordered and have not gotten a complete album yet. It was ten dollars and people are crying like they dropped a hundred. We have new songs so not like we paid and have got nothing.

- What makes me mad about it is that he keeps pushing back the release date. Set a release date and stick to it

- I am also mad that at this point that he keeps dropping songs off it. I enjoy getting a new album and hearing all the new songs off it. By the time he releases it we will have half the album already out.

- This album better have 14 - 20 tracks on it.

- Never understood why its that hard to put a new album out once a year. He could do a digital release only on amazon. He would sell enough to cover studio cost and then some. The fans get new stuff and he could increase his catalog. It seems really easy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    - I am not mad that I pre ordered and have not gotten a complete album yet. It was ten dollars and people are crying like they dropped a hundred. We have new songs so not like we paid and have got nothing.

- What makes me mad about it is that he keeps pushing back the release date. Set a release date and stick to it

- I am also mad that at this point that he keeps dropping songs off it. I enjoy getting a new album and hearing all the new songs off it. By the time he releases it we will have half the album already out.

- Never understood why its that hard to put a new album out once a year. He could do a digital release only on amazon. He would sell enough to cover studio cost and then some. The fans get new stuff and he could increase his catalog. It seems really easy to me.
    I think Garthcop nailed it and that he's been waiting to release it on the cusp of a big hit to increase interest in it. I also think Legacy and the Stadium and Dive Bar tours sucked up all of his time and attention last year.

I'd also say be prepared for it to only have 10-12 tracks.

Last, Garth's a perfectionist and so just spitting out an album every year isn't realistic for him. Just my take though...

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post

Ditto. I don't like having half of the album released already and already knowing what the last track will be.

To put my two cents in: The perfectionist comment hits the nail right on the head, I would rather wait for a good album than a bad one with a rushed production. And I could bring a similar situation with video games sometimes having rushed productions, but it's probably too complicated a comparison for some of you guys.

I am confused in a way. When did it become the rule that you released an album every year. Sure some people do to catch the money while they were hot. I always thought of great artists like Springsteen, U2 etc released music when it was ready. Sure we have to wait but it was usually worth it. This streaming s%&t and downloads is ruining the music business. I do disagree with pre orders but I already said that. Let artists deliver when they want but don't ask us to pre order and get hopes up. I have been buying vinyl, 8 tracks, cassette tapes and CDs since the 60's. I was perfectly happy with surprise drops etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I am confused in a way. When did it become the rule that you released an album every year. Sure some people do to catch the money while they were hot. I always thought of great artists like Springsteen, U2 etc released music when it was ready. Sure we have to wait but it was usually worth it. This streaming s%&t and downloads is ruining the music business. I do disagree with pre orders but I already said that. Let artists deliver when they want but don't ask us to pre order and get hopes up. I have been buying vinyl, 8 tracks, cassette tapes and CDs since the 60's. I was perfectly happy with surprise drops etc.
    If great artists release music when it’s ready then it should’ve been released about a year ago. Garth said it was done about that time.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    To put my two cents in: The perfectionist comment hits the nail right on the head, I would rather wait for a good album than a bad one with a rushed production. And I could bring a similar situation with video games sometimes having rushed productions, but it's probably too complicated a comparison for some of you guys.
    He can take 10 years to be satisfied with an album before releasing it.

JUST DON'T TAKE PEOPLE'S $$$$ THROUGH PRE-ORDERS, TWO YEARS IN ADVANCE OF DOING SO!

It's all about the fans, so says Garth. Except the Many times when it's clearly Not.

Im hoping for one hell of a album. I think he did say, there will be 12 songs on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Im hoping for one hell of a album. I think he did say, there will be 12 songs on it.
    Me too! BTW Brett, I have a couple of high school students who have been turned onto Garth and I've been showing them the rock version of The Dance you have on your blog. So you may be getting a few more hits. Thanks for keeping it there!

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post

What is this video game thing you speak of? Is it like pong? You younger kids and your games all we had was rocks

+ Reply to Thread