+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has Anyone Been Listening to the Chris Gaines Podcast?

Has Anyone Been Listening to the Chris Gaines Podcast?

I'm 4 episodes in. These are not country music fans which makes it even more interesting. Episode 2 is a great overview of Garth himself. Episode 3 is the Chris Gaines story in detail. There is more to it than I appreciated when it came out in the 90s. It gives good speculation that Wrapped Up In You was originally supposed to be a Chris Gaines song.

How do you listen to it
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

It's on Itunes. I came across an app called Pocketcast that you can download for an Android. Just search Chris Gaines.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Or, you can search it in iTunes and subscribe (if wanted) on the podcasts app (iOS or MacOS (maybe even TvOS)..

haven't listened to it much myself.. thought about it, never really started It much past the first bit of the first episode.. got too much going on in my life honestly
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Well, it's worth a listen to when you have time. Gotta make it past the first episode though.

One thing that gets me is they said that Kelly is his older sister. I met another man named Kelly so now i dont think of it as a gender name anymore
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    One thing that gets me is they said that Kelly is his older sister. I met another man named Kelly so now i dont think of it as a gender name anymore
    And that right there cements my decision to not listen to this. Call me a nitpicker if you must, but if they can't get that simple fact right, this ain't even remotely worth my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    And that right there cements my decision to not listen to this. Call me a nitpicker if you must, but if they can't get that simple fact right, this ain't even remotely worth my attention.
    Yeah...That's a little extreme. It's incredibly easy to make a mistake like that.

The podcast is actually pretty cool. I learned a ton of things I never knew about the Gaines project. It was interesting hearing the perspective of people who are non-Garth fans. And the male half of the podcast duo clearly put a lot of effort into creating the "Get Garth back on SNL" campaign website (which obviously failed, sadly).

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    Really?? Well, you're missing out on a lot of other good content and info then. It's well done. Why the hate??

Quote Originally Posted by coco1997 View Post
    Yeah...That's a little extreme. It's incredibly easy to make a mistake like that.

The podcast is actually pretty cool. I learned a ton of things I never knew about the Gaines project. It was interesting hearing the perspective of people who are non-Garth fans. And the male half of the podcast duo clearly put a lot of effort into creating the "Get Garth back on SNL" campaign website (which obviously failed, sadly).
    Me too on learning about the project. I was more interested in the music at the time than learning about the character. But there was a LOT of backstory that went into it. You can see why Garth is sensitive about the criticism it got. He really did get the shaft on how the critics portrayed it.

+ Reply to Thread