+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not Sure If I want Legacy 2

Not Sure If I want Legacy 2

I have been a big fan of vinyl and was excited when Garth announced the Legacy boxed set. I got my personal number, have bought extra sets...but not really wanting another boxed set. I have my number on the first one so why do I need a second one. Plus why even do another numbered set? Don't get me wrong, I love Garth's music, new and old and as I always bring up. I am a collector. I love collecting Garth's physical music. But I would prefer that he start releasing the albums in order on vinyl. He can hold up when FUN is released but I could go for every few months, his vinyl comes out starting with Garth Brooks. Then No fences ( I know we already have it in Legacy, but for those who may only want that album,) and so on. That would be 3 or 4 albums a year except when he releases new music or Anthology 2, 4 and 5. Plus it would be cool to see the various cover of Triple Live by themselves and new covers released every so often. I mean he has Double Diamond, the new Diamond awards, 7th CMA EOY, Stadium Tour, Dive Bard etc. For Soundscan and RIAA this would also hellp the numbers between sales and shipments. The thrill is gone for me as far as a vinyl boxed set unless it is outtakes and housekeeping and The Hungry Years type stuff. Plus I am running out of room for Garth vinyl. You can only store so many copies in a studio apartment.

Well, like it or not, I think Legacy 2 is inevitable. Legacy 3 is probably likely at some point as well.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Well, like it or not, I think Legacy 2 is inevitable. Legacy 3 is probably likely at some point as well.
    I wil agree I think it's an inevitability.. will he do it with all the pomp and circumstance of this release? ehh dont' know.. but I'd wager the rest of the catalog does end up on vinyl eventually.
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

If he does another Legacy I would like it to be a Christmas bundle.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    If he does another Legacy I would like it to be a Christmas bundle.
    I just want him to release the remasters of the first 2 Christmas albums that are on Amazon on CD. The same with the remaster of The Lost Sessions.

I wouldn't mind the Christmas albums on Vinyl, but if he does some type of holiday set, please release a few songs at least that are new... the fist album is great, the second one- ehh- kinda meh to me- some good songs but others- Garth sings country, not big band

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Think he has the courage to release Chris Gaines on Vinyl?

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    Think he has the courage to release Chris Gaines on Vinyl?
    I hope not, for all the same reasons he shouldn't revisit the character or the movie..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

ah!! I really want the rest of the albums to get a vinyl release (including new stuff...)

Sevens, Ropin, Scarecrow, and the first album need to be released on vinyl.

I'd love Lost Sessions too.. and heck the rest of the albums too..... Gunslinger and Man Against Machine too!

I know I want too much.
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    ah!! I really want the rest of the albums to get a vinyl release (including new stuff...)

Sevens, Ropin, Scarecrow, and the first album need to be released on vinyl.

I'd love Lost Sessions too.. and heck the rest of the albums too..... Gunslinger and Man Against Machine too!

I know I want too much.
    I want the catalog to be released on vinyl but by themselves every few months.

+ Reply to Thread