+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Number 1

Number 1

It was 30 years ago December 9th that Garth scored his first number 1 hit with “If Tomorrow Never Comes”.
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I kinda often wonder what it would have been for me to have been a fan SINCE the days of his first #1- I didn't become a fan until about 18 months after in the summer of 1991
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I'd have been around 9 months old when this happened.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    I'd have been around 9 months old when this happened.
    man, now I feel old! when ITNC hit #1, I was a junior in HS, just completed my first season playing football, was in off season training and gearing up for baseball season (I was the student manager for varsity..) .. man...... (on the other hand, I had started to get to know people who would lead me to the person I would first borrow a Garth CD from, so there is that
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

In 1989 I was divorced, living with a roommate and working two jobs. I met my now husband at the end of that year at a block party for the neighbourhood; his kids (my bonus kids) were 14 and 12. i had no money, but I did have that cd .
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Didnt hear If Tomorrow Never comes until 1991, after my brother had bought ropin the wind, on the advice of the record store owner, I went and bought his first two albums. Liked the song
    when i first heard it, when Television here first played "This is Garth brooks" loved the live video and all the little waves he did to the audience.

Unfortunately here in New Zealand, radio always plays Ronan Keating's cover version, what beeps me off, is Ronan tours here a lot and whenever a DJ/Journalist asks him about if tomorrow never comes, the Journos come out
    and ask him what is it like to write such a beautiful song, and Keating never corrects them, he just goes on about song writing in general.

+ Reply to Thread