+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth Brooks/Trisha Yearwood-Christmas Music vs. Others

Garth Brooks/Trisha Yearwood-Christmas Music vs. Others

So every year after Thanksgiving, there's a radio station in my city that plays 24/7 Christmas music and most of the time it's different interpretations of the same songs played over and over again to the point where I mostly go to either my two classic country stations or I'll pop in my Garth/Trisha Playlist on my phone.

So my question is this, did Garth and Trisha's Christmas songs spoil Christmas music for us listeners? I used to think that until I bought Wade Bowen's new Christmas album and added his songs to my Christmas playlist.

Would like to get y'alls opinion on that.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    ...So my question is this, did Garth and Trisha's Christmas songs spoil Christmas music for us listeners? I used to think that until I bought Wade Bowen's new Christmas album and added his songs to my Christmas playlist.
    Personally? When it comes to Country Christmas songs and Garth/TY.....

Garth: Love, Love, LOVE Garth's first cd... some great songs great music, classic Garth... simply the best.. I play it and listen to it every year.

Songs from Call Me Claus/The Magic of Christmas- starts to get kinda spotty for me. O Little Town of Bethlehem, Have yourself a merry little Christmas... maybe 1 other... they're ok. . the rest? they're not BAD but if I wanted to hear big band versions of songs I'd listen to a big band Christmas album.. overall kinda meh..

Not a HUGE GB/TY duet fan so the entire abum practically of them ? eh...

Marshmallow world, ugly Christmas sweater, what I'm thankful for, and Feliz Navidad are the only ones that I go for normally- the rest are just meh...

TY's solo effort(s) - not bad... I like some songs, including there's a new kid in town...

I love that song- it's great when sung by George Strait, TY, Alan Jackson, Kathy Mattea are the versions I've heard- I know there are others..

Would love to hear Garth sing that one..

Fav. Garth christmas song? The Little Drummer Boy, which he did at the opry (and I managed to record it)...

just him, and his guitar....
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I guess another point I'm trying to make is that I'm getting more burnt out on the constant Christmas music being played every year that I was watching a boat parade with fancy Christmas lights on and I ended up listening to a Frank Sinatra Greatest Hits Album while I watched. If it ain't Garth, Trisha, or Wade Bowen, I can't listen to Christmas songs without wanting to automatically change the channel.

+ Reply to Thread