+ Reply to Thread

Thread: G Alert

In the USA, the best country in the world
    So, how soon do the "Garth used the G Alert for an advertisement?" messages start? I'll admit, it was my first thought- still, may just have to pick up one analog set on the way home from work today. (then would have to look into a player).... MAYBE...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

If I had the money, I'd get the analog box, but I don't. I'm better off focusing on getting my turntable after I pay my electric bill.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    If I had the money, I'd get the analog box, but I don't. I'm better off focusing on getting my turntable after I pay my electric bill.
    Wal Mart has some lower priced record players as does Kohl's. I am on a fixed income and saved up enough to get a lower priced one. good luck. It was worth listening to on the vinyl. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Wal Mart has some lower priced record players as does Kohl's. I am on a fixed income and saved up enough to get a lower priced one. good luck. It was worth listening to on the vinyl. :-)
    I'm not gonna ask what brand you got because I don't want to insult you, but friends have told me to get one that doesn't have speakers built-in because those will damage your records in the long run. They're more expensive yes, but I want my records to be around for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    I'm not gonna ask what brand you got because I don't want to insult you, but friends have told me to get one that doesn't have speakers built-in because those will damage your records in the long run. They're more expensive yes, but I want my records to be around for a long time.
    I was sitting here trying to figure out what damage built in speakers could possibly inflict on the vinyl itself. Turns out it's not so much the speakers being built in that can cause problems, but rather that such players are usually made with cheap materials. That said, cheaper players aren't bad or dangerous per se. This article was very informative for me: https://www.devotedtovinyl.com/recor...a-or-bad-idea/

The the best turntable you can afford.

+ Reply to Thread