+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More Dive Bars and more Chris Gaines! Is this the 90s again??

More Dive Bars and more Chris Gaines! Is this the 90s again??

We know there are more dive bars from studio G tonight, and then the below article hints at more Chris Gaines. With the exception of a lack of number 1 hits since his return, it really is like being a Garth fan in the 90s all over again with the number of things Garth has going on and EOY awards. Garth was true to his word when he said he would be back after his girls were raised.

https://theboot.com/garth-brooks-ret...s-gaines-2019/

I would take the Chris Gaines thing with a grain of salt. It would be cool if he did but I'll believe it when I see it.

If he does, I rather him focus on developing the movie first before making the music again. That's why it flopped 20 years ago because I think had the movie been developed first and a trailer had been released, it might have cooled off some heads. I'll still chew people out if they even bring CG up because of the fallout from this.

Was he toying with us on Studio G? Lol Maybe he's been working in a Chris Gaines box set for next Christmas, and got the soul patch to help get in back in the groove of Gaines while recording the back catalog��

In the USA, the best country in the world
    still have to watch studio G from last night- but this article.. is (again) (and no offense meant to you garthcop, this comment is not aimed at you) a recycled bit that's been floating around Facebook (and the myriad of GB groups..). it seems to me to have come largely from one article in the tennessean (can't locate AT the moment) that quoted and used the quote Garth gave/made on (I believe it was) GMA in his November appearance) where garth talks directly about being proud of the music and says something about it not being done yet...

but the part they don't mention is Garth talking about toe A&E show mentioning/talking about Chris Gaines and him wishing they'd go by that part...

I love the music- if he wants to revisit the music ok... the music was good- but please, leave the character and the idea where it belongs.... in the past.... Country audiences didn't take to it then (yes I know album sold 2 minion copies.. Garth could have belched out the phone book and prob. sold a million copies back then) and honestly, with the way country has evolved / changed... while musicals it'd be more appropriate today I doubt that the younger fanbase of country music would think it much more than weird..

Now the dive Bars continuing? not surprised at that in the slightest. Garth seems to be having the time of his life, and they're a lot of fun it looks like. a cynical person might say hey... Garth can even exercise some control over things by only allowing country radio to 'reward' with tickets to the shows.... but that's another story...

lol might be the most I've said about an ISG show w/o watching it yet
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

If the “Chris Gaines music isn’t done yet” comment is legitimate, then IMO it likely refers to the era being covered in the Anthology II book and nothing more. Perhaps a few extra songs could be on the Anthology CDs?

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    If the “Chris Gaines music isn’t done yet” comment is legitimate, then IMO it likely refers to the era being covered in the Anthology II book and nothing more. Perhaps a few extra songs could be on the Anthology CDs?
    Now that was an angle I honestly hadn't thought about but would work.. Garth (and his 'team') talking about the CG project/lamb movie etc. in more detail, etd... ... that'd be fun to read about (and yeah- more music in the CD section- would like that too.. maybe early screenplay drafts/storyboard type of notes... just stay away from trying to make it a 'CG 2.0' type of thing or do the movie and character himself
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

He said last night he really feels like things are starting to begin again for him. Maybe he will be ambitious enough to try it!

+ Reply to Thread