+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Road Im On

The Road Im On

Here's just an interview he did, talking about the two part special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAaQ5Ce5VbY

I'm so looking forward to this thing, it's not going just to be the usual special! :-)

In the USA, the best country in the world
    it's gonna be an awesome special I think
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I looked at the tv listings and tues at 7to 9 will be part 1 and 9to 11 will be part 2, so if you miss it mon night then...
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

Anyone know how one without cable can see this? I only stream Hulu, Prime, etc

Id start with the A&E website maybe?

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I am really excited for this. He said watching it he was surprised by some of the things sandy said. Not mad surprised but in a wow I did not see her side of it. I am glad sandy and his family is going to be in it. I think we may get to see a different side of him. I am hoping it’s not a fluff piece, not saying I want dirt but I want real stories.

Oh my word! This thing is intense in a way I wasn't expecting!!

Holy Hell! I am 90 minutes into this thing- and I think it is FREAKING incredible! Very well done!

I wonder if A&E will release a companion album of the music. A DVD would be cool but a album would be cool. I would love to hear him sing Hallijuah. I know he has released Anthology and Legacy but still....

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I wonder if A&E will release a companion album of the music. A DVD would be cool but a album would be cool. I would love to hear him sing Hallijuah. I know he has released Anthology and Legacy but still....
    I high doubt that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    I high doubt that will happen.
    Gotta back/second Wimpy on this one- I doubt it's gonna happen.. if ANYTHING, a DVD would be released... but that's also somewhat unlikely to me

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Gotta back/second Wimpy on this one- I doubt it's gonna happen.. if ANYTHING, a DVD would be released... but that's also somewhat unlikely to me
    Really? I don't know. I feel like this one can go either way. I could totally see Garth wanting this one to be available for sale instead of drifting away into the past after a couple of reruns.

Havent seen it yet, waiting for the download sites to have it up, feel free to post reviews!!

Glad to see people Loved it!!

Not intending to be a negative Nancy here, but did anybody notice that neither Santa Fe or Jimmy Bowen were being interviewed for this doc? (Though I could understand Bowen not being included, their business relationship was pretty toxic.)

Don't get me wrong, part one was good, but it was missing a few things and I'm sure Part Two will be even better.

Absolutely agree it will be released or included with a future package he will release.

So first night wrap up for me. Staying with Garth's theme it was a blessing and a curse

Blessing
    Loved the inside stories and little things I have never heard.

Loved the stories about his dad and the handshake was great

His brothers being on the show was great. There is only 4 out of 6 left and wonder why his brother kelly who works for him was not on the show?

Great job at showing just how big he was. I try to explain to my kids the epidemic of garth fever that hit and they just cant understand because to be honest you had Elvis, the beatles and Garth that were ever that huge that they took over everything.

When asked what his dad said when he came back from nashville he got choked up and would not say (going to guess garth got an ass chewing)

It was great to see sandy again.

The curse
    I found this to be bad but my wife was really mad about the stuff with sandy. She said so he was going to nashville and just going to dump her? and she did not like the fact he told the story about her not being able to fill out an application.

The story of him first meeting Trisha and saying he just met his wife while married to sandy was disturbing to say the least. Again my wife was like WTF!!!! I have no doubt he was cheating on sandy with her for years but just dont know why he would have said that?

I would have liked to hear from santa fe members that lived there.

Still not sure why Trisha was even on the first night?

The one interesting thing I noticed was this is the first time I've heard Garth give an alternative story to Sandy's about the fire station parking lot incident. What her version was is always what he has said, at least when they were married.

Found it online! Glad too, because the wifi at work was horrible and I couldn't watch over lunch- it was too 'stutters' as it were. have only been able to see first 15m maybe.

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Seems to be a Hit

A&E Network’s ‘Biography -- Garth Brooks: The Road I’m On’ Delivers Largest ‘Biography’ Audience in 15 Years with 1.2 Million Total Viewers

https://www.multichannel.com/pr-feed...rX_q8Ht4VBgvss

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Found it online! Glad too, because the wifi at work was horrible and I couldn't watch over lunch- it was too 'stutters' as it were. have only been able to see first 15m maybe.
    Link?

Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    Link?
    Here is the link I used, Im not sure if you will get pop ups, or inappropriate ads, I have a strong anti virus thing, the file worked for me.

https://rapidgator.net/file/c050130b...409319c21618e3

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Here is the link I used, Im not sure if you will get pop ups, or inappropriate ads, I have a strong anti virus thing, the file worked for me.

https://rapidgator.net/file/c050130b...409319c21618e3
    Rapid gator hasnít ever been too bad with pop ups when Iíve used em. Not FASTEST but not bad

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Just watched the first part , very very impressed indeed, done with so much class. This doco is a good way to end the year for Garth.

Anyone able to upload to Google drive or Dropbox? Would be forever greatful

Just finished the second night and this was really well done and it lived up to everything I wanted it to be. I gotta say sandy is an amazing woman and you feel bad for her. His daughter Incase some of you have not seen her has an amazing voice. It was just a really great thing.

If I can complain about one thing lol. Itís that in 2007 garth sold out 9 shows in KC (I live in KC and went to several of them) so this whole would the fans come back was a little built up. I was told KC was where his daughters first got to see him perform.

BTW who wants to bet me garth does not sell this with bonus material and a concert attached to it?

I think Garth and Sandy are an example of two people who probably shouldn't have gotten married in the first place. I know several people that fit into that category. Garth was rumored to have cheated on her before Trisha. I thought this thing was very well done.

I'll tell you this, if Garth had me as a son, autism and all, there would've been some struggle on how to handle me. Don't get me wrong, I'd have worked that bridge back then, but there would've been some deep resentment from me about working in the heat, I hate heat. Also I don't think I would've been able to handle the large crowds back then, chances are they probably would've stuck me in a private room where there's a definite chance I wouldn't have been able to hear him and I definitely wouldn't like that.

So in a way, I'm at least glad that he didn't have to deal with his own children having autism.

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    BTW who wants to bet me garth does not sell this with bonus material and a concert attached to it?
    If he did, I'd actually be impressed.

only an hour into part 1 (have to listen when I can) out of the 84m or so the online file was (no commercials thank goodness....) and WOW... This is def. showing me again, WHY I am so entranced with Garth's music, and why I'm a fan.. I'll do my own review in a bit, andI can't say I've heard TONS of news/tidbits that I haven't seen or heard of before, but this has been incredible! (and I'm starting to say, yeah- I'd LOVE to hear a music release/soundtrack from it, though I still doubt it'll happen.). gonna have to go back in and watch it easily 2-3 more times to get more out of it and see what all I 'haven't seen' yet...

Sandy- loving her parts...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I really think a tie-in album would be great with all the new stuff we heard.

+ Reply to Thread