+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    I think Brett is right. I don't think he can find a retail distributor.
    Well, as I said above, I'm sure there are plenty of retailers / distributers who would be more than happy to carry / distribute a new Garth Brooks album, but I seriously doubt there is ANYONE out there that's willing to print and ship / carry 1 million copies from the get-go.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Well, as I said above, I'm sure there are plenty of retailers / distributers who would be more than happy to carry / distribute a new Garth Brooks album, but I seriously doubt there is ANYONE out there that's willing to print and ship / carry 1 million copies from the get-go.
    I guess I should have added that to my comment. You're right. Nobody is going to want to carry 500,000 to 1 million copies now. They wouldn't be able to sell them. Cracker Barrel may but that's not a wide distributor.

And I think there lies the problem. The retailer isn't happy with the terms and conditions that Garth is going to want, they dont want to buy more than they need.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    ok... was gonna do in depth retelling of Inside Studio G this week..

honestly though? nothing really newsworthy happened/was mentioned other than fun being delayed (which we are talking about now) and the potential of dive bar shows in Canada...

maybe next week will honestly have more stuff to it
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

So fun is being held up because a store won’t buy a million copies? Sounds about right. Just put the thing on amazon and move on garth

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    So fun is being held up because a store won’t buy a million copies? Sounds about right. Just put the thing on amazon and move on garth
    That's just our speculation based on his statement that he's "trying to figure out how to get the music to the people." Because we know the album is done, some of us are reading between the lines and guessing that means he's trying to find a label or retailer that's willing to print and ship a million copies so it can go platinum right out of the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    That's just our speculation based on his statement that he's "trying to figure out how to get the music to the people." Because we know the album is done, some of us are reading between the lines and guessing that means he's trying to find a label or retailer that's willing to print and ship a million copies so it can go platinum right out of the gate.
    Garth is dreaming, if he thinks one retailer/label will order a million copies. Its simply wont happen as a stand alone album or even in a bundle.

This thing will sell around 25-35K its first week, and if it has legs will sell around 150-200K tops.

Well speculation time, I know people here love that.

Judging by what he said on studio G, and talking going one on one with retail.

Im speculating...

Garth's retail partner is going to be an exclusive with of course Amazon and Talkshoplike, Bryan Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Well speculation time, I know people here love that.

Judging by what he said on studio G, and talking going one on one with retail.

Im speculating...

Garth's retail partner is going to be an exclusive with of course Amazon and Talkshoplike, Bryan Moore.
    It did sound like he's going to follow a similar pattern as Legacy to release the album. So yeah, I think it's probably a good guess that Bryan's shop will be involved in some manner.

lol- I know this seems normal, but recap may come today.. Life gets in the way of recapping- if anything is of note will share it.. sounds like though it was a ho hum type of ISG... about 35 minutes though I think... yeah, it clocked in at 35m 09s

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Hmm- ok have notes (at home, unfortunately) for rest of ISG but finished recap==. BRIEF overview of last 11-12m..

Ask Garth (AG) question(s)

AG "When recording an album, record every song or just some you like, knowing they'll be there"

albums reflect artists at the time they record them (who they are ) (Mark miller apparently said that). do record some songs knowing will be singles, and some knowing will be album cuts, lead into a song, give a breath after a song, album cuts are good, and radio sometimes won't touch them

This led to a comment about FUN in passing,

"will be out this summer"

Take or leave that obviously but will be a fun summer. would love to hear the concerts this summer...

AG
    What advice do you give to a new artist - [b] honestly, this has been asked in many ways it seems over and over... great response though, bills down really to 3 things

1. Sing about what you know, don't sing about what you don't know
    2. FINISH COLLEGE
    3. Don't let your dream get taken from you

AG
    Shows the Bristol racetrack, and comments about trying to have a concert there. mentions the size, "thunder valley" etc...

AG
    talks about a LEGACY poster on the wall

Have one last session for 'FUN', may use it, may not. The way they're gonna release the album will change *for them* the way music is retail is done. learned from LEGACY about the direct connection to the fans.

Talks about FB comments (shows one from Jason's FB group) and the background (the color, on white background etc vs dark background).. that's why it's not easy to get the FB questions on the show.

mentions the Musicians hall of fame, and some sort of voting thing happening...

-Goodbyes-

(wil try to put the rest of hte notes up later tonight, have a basketball game to go to as well though- so may be later)

no MAJOR things on ISG this week though other than

1- the release of Fun is this summer
    2- way of distribution will change musically (prob. connected to talkshop live somehow... the distribution model.. not gonna do the normal way)
    3- have one session on FUN left...
    4- new stage will be 360 deg. front row, starting in Detroit
    5- New ERA hats might be coming around the time of the Detroit concert (that's the hope)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Thanks for the write up Skywise.

Thanks wimpy!

I hate that I didn't have it all up at once- but lol- life gets in the way!

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    Thanks for the write up Skywise.

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Ok, the first 24 minutes of my Inside Studio G recap

iInside Studio G Notes for 2/10/2020

Not word for word notes, that takes too long to recap, but the important points, etc.

Beginning
    - The three 2020 shows announced so far have been the 3 fastest sellouts of the tour so far.
    - There will be a new stage in Detroit and moving forward. Expecting a few “growing pains” with the stage. The front row though will be 360 degrees.
    - Garth spent his actual birthday day in rehearsals for the new ‘shows’

Dang, maybe we could get a new setlist- I doubt it ,but it’s possible…. Hehe 10-1 theres not a new opening song though

Ask Garth Questions/statements/etc

Ask Garth

- Birthday Wish
    - Birthday Wish
    - Birthday Wish
    - Any plans to play the Roman this year, and will Ashley McBryde open any shows this year?
    Tried to get Ashley McBryde for Oregon, but she was already booked/committed. Also for the Gershwin Prize, but couldn’t get her. He’ll keep working on it (trying).

Always looking for a chance to play Ryman- if they’re lucky enough to have the chance, he’d love to yes

- Birthday Wish
    - Birthday Wish
    - Birthday Wish
    - Love the Camo style G hats. When will we be able to buy the hats?
    They are coming- Detroit will make the first move (maybe) to them being on sale. Real ones are coming. The ones Garth wears are demos/ samples. The real ones are coming. Black/Black, Red/Red, Blue/Blue, hoping for Detroit. They are FITTED, so if buying for a friend/gift, make sure you know their size.

- Birthday Wish
    - would love to see you come to Iowa. What’s the best birthday Gift you received?

(Blushing) I can’t tell ya, but I got spoiled! (insinuated something eh, physical happened it seems

Got a sweatshirt, other stuff.
    - Birthday Wish from a Middle School student

Ask Garth Videos

Peyton Shows a little Garth Stage she made in her room w/ lighting etc.
    When will you come to Nebraska? Mom says can’t go to any concert unless in a driving distance
    Nebraska would be fantastic. Some places though, will not allow concerts on their fields, due to protecting the fields etc.[b]insinuates kind of that Nebraska (Prob. Univ. of Nebraska) has said that

Ask Garth Facetime video

wondering, will there be an opening act in Detroit, and if so who? SOFTBALL QUESTION FOR SURE. MAYBE I PAY TOO MUCH ATTENTION TO GARTH DETAILS, BECAUSE THESE TWO CERTAINLY HAVEN’T

Garth talks about opening acts mentions how some are throughout a tour, not going to announce Detroit’s opening act, but will find out NEXT WEEK

Jaxon ([b] the young boy who wasn’t even born yet when ISG started, and who’s been told to ‘take care of your momma’ by Garth on multiple occasions will be in Cincy

Ask Garth
    Playing Vinyl after finally getting vinyl set in Ireland. When will you be coming back to Ireland
    Not soon enough (Garth really did kind of sidestep the question

Ask Garth
    Do you still do housekeeping segment? I have a request for the May show in Cincy

”It’s my favorite part of the show”

Garth mentions housekeeping a bit, talks about ‘if your’e allowed to come back out and play for people.

Seriously though- this is the 2nd question this episode that really, REALLY are easily answered by even just looking at things…

Ask Garth
    What would your “Girl dad” quote be? (After Kobe Bryant’s death, #girldad has been trending?)

Ghandi had a good quote (paraphrased here[b] .. ” My message I could tell people, is my life”.

The first call I make, when/if I’m in trouble, is to my daughters.

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Next studio, Will talk of upcoming Detroit concert, take some askgarth questions, I dont think
    he will mention Fun since its been covered last week, not quite sure what he can really talk
    about, dont think the next studio G, can last over 30 mins.

Next studio, Will talk of upcoming Detroit concert, take some askgarth questions, I dont think
    he will mention Fun since its been covered last week, not quite sure what he can really talk
    about, dont think the next studio G, can last over 30 mins.
    Hmm- we'll find out tomorrow- I see your points.. I'm saying somewhere on the order of 22-26m tops

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Just been searching Twitter, and there have been some relly really good questions asked, (not just the usual ones)

Just hope those questions gets picked.

For example: a Question about triple live, a question about Chris Gaines, and one about artists and cover songs.

Just been searching Twitter, and there have been some relly really good questions asked, (not just the usual ones)

Just hope those questions gets picked.

For example: a Question about triple live, a question about Chris Gaines, and one about artists and cover songs.
    But what we'll get is, "What advice would you give to an inspiring artists still in high school wanting to be a country star?"

I've put in a Chris Gaines question before but of course it didn't get picked. The only time you see him talk about Chris Gaines is when someone has a quilt made up of album covers or a big collection with Chris Gaines album cover on it. Then he'll just make reference to the Chris Gaines project.

Saying that, hopefully he does have some more good stuff to give us since it's been a while since he's been consistently on every Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    But what we'll get is, "What advice would you give to an inspiring artists still in high school wanting to be a country star?"
    ! HA!! though they did have that one last week .

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Its the chase rice talks and never shuts up edition of inside studio g.

live video of garth and blake singing dive bar to be released this week!!!! :-)

Gotta say the new stage looks freaking class!!! Seriously, it looks so good.

So far (the recap's in process- my youngest daughter turned 16 this week so that takes precedence ).. here's what I have notes wise

ISG was 28m31s this week.. Dang, I was off of time guess by 2-6 min... Brett also was correct-ish too in the guess (in the area of the exact time)

Right now the band's in Detroit...

The opener for Garth in Detroit is Chase Rice (Who?) - his album is "the album part 1".. mentions how releasing albums is different now with the music consumption habits, etc.. Garth may need to take a lesson from these youngsters who are digital in their releases

More notes to come later...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Second part of Re-Cap

Ask Garth (from Chase Rice)

Where are the shirts?

They’re getting ready to be displayed (hmmm…. Maybe there’s something to a ‘hall of fame’ or a ‘museum’ type of thing happening with/at the tour.. would be nice to see Garth have it for more than just the people who have shows upcoming (aka everyone from the 2019 year of shows)

Ask Garth

We Shall Be Free was part of the inspiration for a non profit I started. Have you ever heard of someone starting a non profit based on another song?

The River.. If fighting for people who can’t defend themselves, thank you.

Ask Garth

What do you do to prep for playing in a stadium where you have never been before?

It’s not where you play as much as it’s who you play for. Find your people…. Spend that time, find each person to say ‘thank you’ (talks about how he wanted to connect with artist at concerts, and now as entertainer it’s flipped- you want to connect to the people….
    ——————————

Ask Garth

Has there ever been a song you’ve wanted to cover, but the original artist or writer said ‘no’, or has any artist ever wanted to cover you, and you declined?

First of all no- anyone who wants to do a garth thing knock themselves out…

Gonna do the Gershwin prize coming up

Keith urban’s gonna do aint’ going down- I’m immediately gonna go into second place
    not at all…

stapleton’s gonna show up, and he’s gonna do shameless, I might as well quitagain, not at all- will be good, but Garths’ is still better

have had other stuff covered in other countries…. It kinda doesn’t work that way with other artists. Since a song is a song is a song, that’s kind of how it happens..
    Our covers are like shameless, our covers are dixie chicken, like walking after midnight, your’e gonna put your own spin on it but not gonna do it as good as the original

Ask Garth (video)

I have a request- I would like you to sing Carolina on my mind at the show, it’s always been a favorite. And I love when you cover other artists’ music.. …..

Plays a bit of ‘Carolina on my mind’ with just the guitar….

Ask Garth

Will you be doing spring training this year with any teams?

oh hell no, I ‘m still sore from last year - did that for the 20th anniversary of teammates. I doubt I will EVER do spring training again, because I kid you not, my EARS were sore. But Go Bucs….

(Video) - a guy playing the solo from FILP (thought I don’t think he was really playing…. My guess though…

Ask Garth - not a question, just a thank you from Jaxson’s mom

Prepping for Detroit….

Goodbyes….

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Hmm- the weekly (?) guess t ISG topics..

1- thank you for the concert in Detroit- will talk about the crowd
    2- will mention the hats (briefly)
    3- will mention chase rice at least once
    4- will say next to nothing substantial about FUN..
    5- will gush over the thank you type of Ask Garth messages

I anticipate 25-28m

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

He might mention some FUN stuff. He did have a lot of info in the interview he did from Detroit about song hes waiting for etc (see other thread with article).

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    He might mention some FUN stuff. He did have a lot of info in the interview he did from Detroit about song hes waiting for etc (see other thread with article).
    Yeah I see threads etc.. I said 'next to nothing substantial'.. . I fully expect a brushover/glossed over statement in passing, etc. maybe a tad bit about the song via an "honest" AG question but nothing substantive

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Garth had fun at Detroit, crowd was loud he want to go back.

Still looking at another song for Fun, a ballad I think? Going to be a different and fun way to get it to the consumer.

The next stadium will be announced within ten days. But the one after that is going to be HISTORICAL!!!! So wait for the announcement.

There is going to be a DELUX VERSION OF TRIPLE LIVE!!! They recorded a song from Detroit for it, and there is going to be no more recording for TRIPLE LIVE>

Next studio G will be from the songwriters thing!

And I’m the guy who asked GB for All American Kid on triple live !!! Its going to be awesome to be able to tell people I chose a song for triple live deluxe !!!
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    And I’m the guy who asked GB for All American Kid on triple live !!! Its going to be awesome to be able to tell people I chose a song for triple live deluxe !!!
    Super cool man!!!

+ Reply to Thread