+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2020

In the USA, the best country in the world

Inside Studio G - 2020

We still have a few weeks in the year but Garth will undoubtedly be taking time off of inside studio G over the holidays.. let's talk about 2020 ISG when it rolls around! (or before? )
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

just kinda bumping this towards top as the year ends.. I know this makes my sound hypocritical (ehh it happens I guess) but sure- let's speculate a little on this thread.. what form does ISG take in the new year in Feb? same as this year? different? better, worse? what's Garth got up his sleeve in the year to come?

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I think, Inside Studio G may move from Facebook and end up on his channel and also live on Bryan Moore's Talkshowlive.

I think it will keep the same format, but there will be less shows during the year.

I see Garth doing the same number of Stadium shows/Dive bars, but a couple of them a year will be broadcast live on the internet on some platform.

Fun will be released. I dont see anything major that Garth may have up his sleeve, I hope Im wrong though.

Don't forget part 2 of the Anthology. I predict at least one more thing will come from him that we don't know about yet. Then, whatever the new thing is for the concerts that he talked up a bunch on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    Don't forget part 2 of the Anthology. I predict at least one more thing will come from him that we don't know about yet. Then, whatever the new thing is for the concerts that he talked up a bunch on Monday.
    Not gonna get too hyped about things (until more hype is warranted ) but the prospect of trying to get tix to a dive bar show... if he comes to co. for that... added to the prospect of potentially anthology part 2.. (could happen).. throw in the new concert thing. I'm just hoping others (outside the market he's playing in) may be Able to see the show etc.. Heck, maybe he could sell/do "virtual" tickets, or stream the concert for a fee. (not likely but it's a poss.. too)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Yeah Im also wondering what the new concert thing will be.

Question just came to me while talking with a metal head friend of mine who is also a Garth fan: think he might allow a mosh pit in a concert or would that piss him off?

I'm half-tempted to ask him that when ISG comes back.

One thing I feel fairly certain about after being a garth fan for just shy of 30 years, and following him closely etc.. is that it will NOT be a mosh pit.. (doesn't even fit his music... not really)

I'm wondering if there's gonna be some way for people to 'stream' the shows somehow.. that'd be nice. will have to wait till next month with ISG returning

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Studio G returns end of January? or is it the first week of Feb?

I believe it's the first week of February

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

First studio G of 2020, 7pm, Wednesday, 5th February, live from "Six string" the first dive bar stop of 2020.

Here's some rampant speculation, I think the first Inside Studio G of 2020 wont give too much information, just a big welcome back type thing.

I think the week after, will though, He has a concert on Feb 22nd, and the next one is not schedule for May. I think he announces a couple of more
    concerts on the second studio G of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Here's some rampant speculation, I think the first Inside Studio G of 2020 wont give too much information, just a big welcome back type thing.

I think the week after, will though, He has a concert on Feb 22nd, and the next one is not schedule for May. I think he announces a couple of more
    concerts on the second studio G of the year.
    He never announces shows on Studio G. He sometimes mentions that he has plans to announce a show in the coming days, but I don't recall him ever making a brand new official announcement during Studio G.

We're BACK with a NEW Inside Studio G tonight! Get READY for BOSTON, birthday, and big FUN! #StudioG is LIVE from #DiveBarTour at @sixstringfox
    just before 8pm ET! -Team Garth

His webpage says 7pm, but best to go with the twitter.

I’d be willing to bet it’s a smaller quick and almost fleeting episode..... on location and all with the dive bar show... I’d wager nothing much Over 6-8 min

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    I’d be willing to bet it’s a smaller quick and almost fleeting episode..... on location and all with the dive bar show... I’d wager nothing much Over 6-8 min
    Thinking the same, just a few words tonight.

We're BACK with a NEW Inside Studio G tonight! Get READY for BOSTON, birthday, and big FUN! #StudioG is LIVE from #DiveBarTour at @sixstringfox
    just before 8pm ET! -Team Garth

His webpage says 7pm, but best to go with the twitter.
    The “big FUN” line has me believing we’ll FINALLY get some “Fun” news.

Garth Brooks
    @garthbrooks
    ·
    1m
    Garth has to get on stage for #DiveBarTour in Boston! Let’s make #StudioG an after party! Who’s in? -Team Garth

Garth said dont hold him to this date, but they're looking at ways of getting the music to the people, and they're thinking of a
    early Summer release date for FUN!!!

That would be June right???

Fun to be released in the Summer "but dont hold me to that" Garth's own words. He didnt want to release last year incase it clashed with Legacy.

He will do dive bars and stadiums this year, and he wants to take the dive bar tour to Canada.

People are sweet.

12m14s I think was the runtime last night- I have been busy last night / today w/ school stuff- I'll try to make a rundown of ISG today.. IF FUN is pushed back till summer Garth will catch flack from some, but I'm not surprised. I'm only sad that it seems like it's gonna be mostly OLD music by the time it's released finally and that's not....... FUN

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Garth said dont hold him to this date, but they're looking at ways of getting the music to the people, and they're thinking of a
    early Summer release date for FUN!!!

That would be June right???
    They're looking at ways of getting the music to the people?!!?? Wait, what??? It's done, right? It's recorded, mixed, mastered? What's the holdup?

Here's how you get it out there... you stick the songs on those itty bitty discs, put 'em in some packaging, and then send 'em to retailers so people can buy them. You upload the rest of the album that people pre-ordered and paid for nearly two %$#! years ago to Amazon and say "here it is, sorry for the delay!" Or, Garth could be really crazy and put the songs up on iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, YouTube, Pandora, and all the other sites where 95% of people listen to music these days. He could stick the album on vinyl and release it that way. He could release it on his website.

So what does he mean when he says he's trying to figure out how to get it out there? It's not like releasing 12 songs on an album is something new that needs to be explored and discovered by the genius that is Garth Brooks, Inc. You just release it. Voilą!!

Here's what I think he means. I think he's looking for a gimmick to release it with. Garth can't just release a #%@! album on its own like, you know, everyone else. That $%#! is for lesser mortals. MAM was released as part of the digital bundle on Ghost Tunes. GS was released with the Ultimate Collection at Target. I think he's so %#$! scared that no one will buy a new album on its own (or that it won't go platinum by itself) that he has to bundle it with something to guarantee a million shipments. The problem with that, though, is that I guarantee there aren't any labels left that will pay to print and ship a million copies because today's trends in music purchases don't justify the risk. Walmart and Target won't pony up the dough to do it either because they've been burned in the past with their respective exclusives. Amazon is likely happy to provide a platform for Garth's digital music, but likely can't justify putting up money to try and move physical product. Beyond that, there aren't any retailers big enough to fund 1 million copies of a single disc, much less another box of the old stuff. So Garth has been left scratching his head for the past year and a half trying to figure out how in the world he can release this album in a way that guarantees it will go platinum right out of the gate. I think this dumb "Fun" album has been delayed so many times because Garth has finally ran out of options (and retailers) to satisfy his marketing gimmicks and schemes, at least with regard to physical product, which is what Garth seems to care most about for RIAA purposes.

So now he says summer... maybe. Hmph!! Garth hasn't released ANYTHING in the comeback era outside of the Christmas shopping season. So you can bet your patooty that early Summer will soon be pushed back again to Fall. And if he can't find some crazy insane retailer to justify some new box with a heavy focus on the first 7 albums again by then, I fear he'll delay it again.

Skywise said that this latest delay will irk some folks. Haha... well I'm first in line for that train. I'm downright pissed!

Come on Garth!!! Just release the $%#! album and move on, and figure out your next scheme and gimmick for the next album, if there ever is one. (SMH)
    Last edited by Emerald Isle; 02-06-2020 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    So now he says summer... maybe. Hmph!! Garth hasn't released ANYTHING in the comeback era outside of the Christmas shopping season. So you can bet your patooty that early Summer will soon be pushed back again to Fall. And if he can't find some crazy insane retailer to justify some new box with a heavy focus on the first 7 albums again by then, I fear he'll delay it again.

Skywise said that this latest delay will irk some folks. Haha... well I'm first in line for that train. I'm downright pissed!

Come on Garth!!! Just release the $%#! album and move on, and figure out your next scheme and gimmick for the next album, if there ever is one. (SMH)
    That is the first thing I thought when I saw he said...."Summer....(but don't hold me to that)." Sounds like a November release to me.

The angry side of me wanted to ask whether he actually specified which Summer?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    That is the first thing I thought when I saw he said...."Summer....(but don't hold me to that)." Sounds like a November release to me.

The angry side of me wanted to ask whether he actually specified which Summer?
    He meant "That Summer" of course. Now go and buy your 18th copy of The Chase so he can finally get it certified Diamond.

Emerald Isle has got it right.

I 100% could understand not releasing the album, if he wasn't happy with it, if it didnt feel right, if he wanted to remove or add some songs, artists do it all the time. For me
    of this was the reason he could delay it all he wants.

But to delay it, because he's looking a way to get it to the people, its just freaking bizarre.

We know his digital partner his amazon, so the delay is because of retail.

As Emerald Isle said, he wants a retail partner to order X amount of copies, problem is no one buys physical albums anymore.

So hes not going to get the numbers he wants.

He seems to be trying to go to specific retailers saying "This is exclusive for you, what deal can you give me"

In the 90s they wouldve jumped at it, but the numbers wont be there.

The fact that Garth cant get it sorted out, is beyond belief.

How hard can it be, and what is he asking for?

You know....if everyone who pre-ordered and paid for the album 2 years ago on Amazon, cancelled their orders, that would certainly get the attention of Garth's record company.

Now I did not pre-order for just the reason there was no real timeline given as to when album would be out. But I had no idea it would be 2 full years. That is just inexcusable.

Complaining about album delays is one thing. If he wants to take more time to get it right, then fine. But don't spend 2 years making "coming soon" announcements. And DON'T take people's money for an album that is unfinished, with an unknown release date. That is just wrong. Sure, it's only about 10 bucks, but I am confident that those $10 mean more to the average Joe than they do to Garth, who is doing quite well these days.

I am beyond mad. It is inexcusable at this point that we have not gotten this album. We should be getting excited for the new album after fun at this point. I said before and I will say it again this dam album better have 20 tracks on it and if it is bundled with old stuff I will just rip it off YouTube and not give him a dime

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    I am beyond mad. It is inexcusable at this point that we have not gotten this album. We should be getting excited for the new album after fun at this point. I said before and I will say it again this dam album better have 20 tracks on it and if it is bundled with old stuff I will just rip it off YouTube and not give him a dime
    I honesty think the issue is with, who the retail partner is (He wont be changing his digital partner anytime soon) and what sort of deal he wants with them.

The album itself I think, will be what Garth says it is, 12 songs, I think its already to go.

The songs so far are great, (although it has a collection feel to it, not an album feel) I think the remaining seven songs will turn it into an a decent album, looking forward to it.

Fingers and toes are crossed that the unreleased songs will be Gems!

I think Brett is right. I don't think he can find a retail distributor.

+ Reply to Thread