+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    I know the decision is NOT Garth's if its allowed to go ahead.

BUT!!!!!!! Garth can say, "Im not doing the concert, even if I have permission to do so"

IMHO there is no way Garth should do a concert on June 13th.
    Don't worry, there isn't a chance there will be a show in less than 4 weeks from now.

There isn't a chance of the Vegas show happening either.

Who knows the reason for the delay in any announcements, especially about next month's shows. Most likely they're trying to determine dates in 2021, that work with Garth's schedule. We all know that Garth has a habit of canceling shows, and then never rescheduling them. I don't necessarily expect that will happen here, but with Garth, you never know.

I hope he isn't waiting to cancel, just so he can hold onto people's money for as long as possible before having to refund. It's understandable if they're working out new 2021 dates, so hopefully something to that effect will be announced this week.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I would say the most you'll get is an announcement of an announcement- Garth's not gonna want to bring down the whole ISG broadcast.. more likely that something along the lines of 'an announcement will be coming this week' and then he can announce the postponement on social media etc and take a bit less of a beating..

OR he may have nothing to do with it at all- it is all speculation at this point no one truly knows..

proposed topics for tonight

1) Garth will talk about release of 'FUN' songs, and their reaction
    2) will (MAYBE) mention the release timing for the album (or at least dodge a softball question about it)
    3) not gonna be as much news unless there actually IS something said about concerts

I anticipate about 22-23m for ISG this week
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I'll let Skywise do the recap, but I think this week was a pretty good Studio G. Lots of live music from him.

I will do recap later tonight I had to work at my school all afternoon

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    I anticipate about 22-23m for ISG this week
    man... still have the recap coming later tonight (I'm gonna get it done tonight I think- after doing the trash and having dinner) but I was off by about 5 min. ISG clocks in at 27m34s this week

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Ok, it's late and I gotta get to bed (it's just shy of 130am here) but I said I'd get the recap up tonight so here it is

Inside Studio G Recap 5-18-2020

Inside Studio G checks in at 27m34s tonight

Talks about celebrating George Strait's birthday, and mentions about stuff on 'fun' sounding 'Strait-ish' (something like that)

Talks about how Thats what Cowboys Do could fit on any Strait album in the first 5 years of the 1980s ( I agree, I played it for 3 family members and the all said it sounded like Strait, then when I played them "Does Fort Worth Ever Cross your Mind" they all said that garth's song could fit on that album easily)

Talks a bit about New Music and mentions Jack (Emerald Isle from Pg I believe!) and the question about new music..

Samantha plays an AG question (not from Jack)

Ask Garth

1- can you play some of the New Stuff? (Mentions the MAM , GS, and FUN albums...

In referring to a comment made about new music and old music, says that Matt (the person who asked the question) has hit on a nerve for him because there is no old garth music or new garth music, its' all 'garth music' (though it may be YOUNGER Garth music)...

Plays snippets/parts of
    1- Ask Me How I Know
    2- Thunder Rolls
    3- Tacoma

Talk about a few other songs on the album

TY is in the background of the studio, she tells garth 'language' when he says that Jack stirred 'up some s@@@' last week w/ the new music (WTG EMERALD!!)

Ask Garth

2- (from Emerald Isla (Panamajack on twitter). -no real question, but comments about the songs being fantastic, so Strait-esque, FUN is what is needed right now, please don't delay the rest of the album Nice statement.... Not a softball question, trying to find out about FUN... Great statement...

getting a bit choked up when reading 'Strait-esque'... have to understand, didn't move to this town to be an artist, moved here to be a songwriter.. Moved to this town to get one song (much too young) cut by one artist, George Strait

Mentions Party Gras... theres' music on there that's coming still.. sometimes you got to die to live again.. (last cut on album)

It's a hard way to make an easy living - talks about the song

Talks about Amazon a bit, and how Ask Me how I know is seemingly always I the top 5 (of songs Garth's streaming I would assume)

Ask Garth

3- Were you on a steady George Strait listening fix when you decided on the songs for FUN? You can def. hear Strait's influence. I love love love That's why Cowboys Do, def. going #1 we'll see bout that, Radio's a fickle market.. I like the song- is it radio friendly? Eh- don't TOTALLY know.. cannot wait for the rest of the album

if you listen to beaches of Cheyenne, if you listen to 'much too young', that's George Strait. Strait's always there.. There's a song off of Gunslinger, there's gotta be a honky tonk somewhere, and cowboys forever, that he could have slayed, he could have killed. I'm always on a George Strait fix

Ask Garth

4- Thank you for the 2 new songs- the whole FUN album is on repeat can't wait to hear what is next. Idea to change how your new music is delivered. New Garth Music Subscription... new song every month on the 7th until release... ehh..... no... Heck no.. You'll p@@@ off the album pre-buyers who have their undies in a bundle about things already.. you'll give flame to the haters, and you'll get flack for the 'subscription' format.... IMO.

garth seems to like the idea somewhat...

Ask Garth

5- Thank you for releasing a couple songs- they are great. Sounds like some George Strait slipped in there. Any chance of getting some fun album artwork soon?

can't give it all away at the same time. The older you get.... Were pulling out the 25th Anniv. of double live.. talks about not liking pictures of himself, and picking out photos from the 90s.. artwork for the fun album.. it's very rare

Ask Garth

TY appears to be doing Hashtag's Job this week (and camera is shaky)

6- who wrote Party Gras? Also how did you get our accents down while singing- crazy that someone who doesn't like spice can spit it..

. Matt Rossi. He Wrote Party Gras.. he's just this big a@@ texan, that's got a heart bigger than the world anyway... .. he's a Texas hid that hung out with people from Louisiana, .. Matt Rossi wrote stronger than me, and hard way to make an easy living on the new record.. talks about how he doesn't like spicy food

Plays a snippet of Party Gras

Met him on a song called midnight Train (sings a snippet of it Accapella)

Ask Garth

7- not a question, just a recollection of first time heard Garth (mentions Nashville now)

talks about Fogelberg songs and singing possibly 'new auld lang syne' as a duet

Ask Garth

8- young man with Down syndrome wants to get a birthday shout out from Garth .. he "plays" rodeo some.. (tries)

Gives Cody a shout out for his birthday

Sings happy Birthday to Cody

Ask Garth

9- have been listening to legacy during quarantine. When listening to vinyls, reminds me of cassette.. get to end of song and there's this space. Gives you time to think.. Are you going to release any of your other albums to vinyl, like everything... I've been listening to Scarecrow in my car, and The Storm.. it's my favorite song on there.. I'd love to know the story behind that song, and how it made it onto scarecrow, and I'd love to hear that on vinyl

there will probably be another legacy box coming, and they'll probably have matching #'s on them as well now, that would be interesting- if we ordered before, could owe order again and get same #? . It's all coming, cause it's fun to hear that stuff on vinyl.. with digital music, there is a straight cut to the next song.. that's because in spacing on vinyl, or in cassettes, there was a tail end, and you'd sit in this place called mastering.. they're doing it right now on a project for us WHAT? What's the project? you sit in a room, and when the song goes over you wait, and you go 'now' and that's when the next song should start. Producer, artist, engineer, they all do it, so that space has been eliminated in the digital world, but in the vinyl world, the cassette world, the album world, that space is still there.. and uh to me, that's what makes songs songs.. Allen Reynolds said it best- some of the greatest things you hear are what you don't hear.

The Storm... The storm was written towards the end of the 90s. Was really having a hard time with the marriage that sandy and I were in with the girls. The whole divorce thing was kinda looming in there, so that whole broken jewel box dancer .. was in your head, where you think your mind can go, and in reality it's way different than it was, but at that time, when you're writing, thats kinda the pictures that you saw. So a lot of beautiful lines in there, so Kim Williams and Kent Blazy are the writers, and also I think Tony Arata, no Tony got in on why ain't I running..

Ask Garth

10- During this quarantine me and my husband we have done a lot of work around the house and one of the projects was building a new deck. Did you and the Queen have build anything together during this time?

there is nothing left to do on this farm.. we've done every project from building stuff to tearing stuff down, to moving stuff, to burning stuff...

Ask Garth

11- my mom and I just love you and what you re doing during these times. Thank you for helping people stay sane and sharing your love of music with us all. Have you started any new hobbies during these times? OH COME ON,, SOFTBALL QUESTION BEYOND BELIEF.. CHOOSE BETTER THINGS TO GET THROUGH!!

yeah, you kinda do what you do. My favorite thing about the quarantine is how well Ive gotten to know my best friend. You'll find stuff that might sit well, that might now sit. well.. it's been so long that you've been forced to address the things that aren't clean

Samantha drops a little tease for Words with Friends/Garth promotion w/ Amazon...

There's a big announcement in the next month-month and a half... (dealing w/ words with friends I think)

Talks about Sirius and the garth channel and their free offer..

Twitch prime, and amazon and zynga all getting together with 'words with Garth'..

sings snippet(s) of:

1- Amarillo by Morning
    2- The Fireman
    3- sometimes I feel like Jesse James (acappella)

Goodbyes...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Ok, it's late and I gotta get to bed (it's just shy of 130am here) but I said I'd get the recap up tonight so here it is

Inside Studio G Recap 5-18-2020

Inside Studio G checks in at 27m34s tonight

Talks about celebrating George Strait's birthday, and mentions about stuff on 'fun' sounding 'Strait-ish' (something like that)

Talks about how Thats what Cowboys Do could fit on any Strait album in the first 5 years of the 1980s ( I agree, I played it for 3 family members and the all said it sounded like Strait, then when I played them "Does Fort Worth Ever Cross your Mind" they all said that garth's song could fit on that album easily)

Talks a bit about New Music and mentions Jack (Emerald Isle from Pg I believe!) and the question about new music..

Samantha plays an AG question (not from Jack)

Ask Garth

1- can you play some of the New Stuff? (Mentions the MAM , GS, and FUN albums...

In referring to a comment made about new music and old music, says that Matt (the person who asked the question) has hit on a nerve for him because there is no old garth music or new garth music, its' all 'garth music' (though it may be YOUNGER Garth music)...

Plays snippets/parts of
    1- Ask Me How I Know
    2- Thunder Rolls
    3- Tacoma

Talk about a few other songs on the album

TY is in the background of the studio, she tells garth 'language' when he says that Jack stirred 'up some s@@@' last week w/ the new music (WTG EMERALD!!)

Ask Garth

2- (from Emerald Isla (Panamajack on twitter). -no real question, but comments about the songs being fantastic, so Strait-esque, FUN is what is needed right now, please don't delay the rest of the album Nice statement.... Not a softball question, trying to find out about FUN... Great statement...

getting a bit choked up when reading 'Strait-esque'... have to understand, didn't move to this town to be an artist, moved here to be a songwriter.. Moved to this town to get one song (much too young) cut by one artist, George Strait

Mentions Party Gras... theres' music on there that's coming still.. sometimes you got to die to live again.. (last cut on album)

It's a hard way to make an easy living - talks about the song

Talks about Amazon a bit, and how Ask Me how I know is seemingly always I the top 5 (of songs Garth's streaming I would assume)

Ask Garth

3- Were you on a steady George Strait listening fix when you decided on the songs for FUN? You can def. hear Strait's influence. I love love love That's why Cowboys Do, def. going #1 we'll see bout that, Radio's a fickle market.. I like the song- is it radio friendly? Eh- don't TOTALLY know.. cannot wait for the rest of the album

if you listen to beaches of Cheyenne, if you listen to 'much too young', that's George Strait. Strait's always there.. There's a song off of Gunslinger, there's gotta be a honky tonk somewhere, and cowboys forever, that he could have slayed, he could have killed. I'm always on a George Strait fix

Ask Garth

4- Thank you for the 2 new songs- the whole FUN album is on repeat can't wait to hear what is next. Idea to change how your new music is delivered. New Garth Music Subscription... new song every month on the 7th until release... ehh..... no... Heck no.. You'll p@@@ off the album pre-buyers who have their undies in a bundle about things already.. you'll give flame to the haters, and you'll get flack for the 'subscription' format.... IMO.

garth seems to like the idea somewhat...

Ask Garth

5- Thank you for releasing a couple songs- they are great. Sounds like some George Strait slipped in there. Any chance of getting some fun album artwork soon?

can't give it all away at the same time. The older you get.... Were pulling out the 25th Anniv. of double live.. talks about not liking pictures of himself, and picking out photos from the 90s.. artwork for the fun album.. it's very rare

Ask Garth

TY appears to be doing Hashtag's Job this week (and camera is shaky)

6- who wrote Party Gras? Also how did you get our accents down while singing- crazy that someone who doesn't like spice can spit it..

. Matt Rossi. He Wrote Party Gras.. he's just this big a@@ texan, that's got a heart bigger than the world anyway... .. he's a Texas hid that hung out with people from Louisiana, .. Matt Rossi wrote stronger than me, and hard way to make an easy living on the new record.. talks about how he doesn't like spicy food

Plays a snippet of Party Gras

Met him on a song called midnight Train (sings a snippet of it Accapella)

Ask Garth

7- not a question, just a recollection of first time heard Garth (mentions Nashville now)

talks about Fogelberg songs and singing possibly 'new auld lang syne' as a duet

Ask Garth

8- young man with Down syndrome wants to get a birthday shout out from Garth .. he "plays" rodeo some.. (tries)

Gives Cody a shout out for his birthday

Sings happy Birthday to Cody

Ask Garth

9- have been listening to legacy during quarantine. When listening to vinyls, reminds me of cassette.. get to end of song and there's this space. Gives you time to think.. Are you going to release any of your other albums to vinyl, like everything... I've been listening to Scarecrow in my car, and The Storm.. it's my favorite song on there.. I'd love to know the story behind that song, and how it made it onto scarecrow, and I'd love to hear that on vinyl

there will probably be another legacy box coming, and they'll probably have matching #'s on them as well now, that would be interesting- if we ordered before, could owe order again and get same #? . It's all coming, cause it's fun to hear that stuff on vinyl.. with digital music, there is a straight cut to the next song.. that's because in spacing on vinyl, or in cassettes, there was a tail end, and you'd sit in this place called mastering.. they're doing it right now on a project for us WHAT? What's the project? you sit in a room, and when the song goes over you wait, and you go 'now' and that's when the next song should start. Producer, artist, engineer, they all do it, so that space has been eliminated in the digital world, but in the vinyl world, the cassette world, the album world, that space is still there.. and uh to me, that's what makes songs songs.. Allen Reynolds said it best- some of the greatest things you hear are what you don't hear.

The Storm... The storm was written towards the end of the 90s. Was really having a hard time with the marriage that sandy and I were in with the girls. The whole divorce thing was kinda looming in there, so that whole broken jewel box dancer .. was in your head, where you think your mind can go, and in reality it's way different than it was, but at that time, when you're writing, thats kinda the pictures that you saw. So a lot of beautiful lines in there, so Kim Williams and Kent Blazy are the writers, and also I think Tony Arata, no Tony got in on why ain't I running..

Ask Garth

10- During this quarantine me and my husband we have done a lot of work around the house and one of the projects was building a new deck. Did you and the Queen have build anything together during this time?

there is nothing left to do on this farm.. we've done every project from building stuff to tearing stuff down, to moving stuff, to burning stuff...

Ask Garth

11- my mom and I just love you and what you re doing during these times. Thank you for helping people stay sane and sharing your love of music with us all. Have you started any new hobbies during these times? OH COME ON,, SOFTBALL QUESTION BEYOND BELIEF.. CHOOSE BETTER THINGS TO GET THROUGH!!

yeah, you kinda do what you do. My favorite thing about the quarantine is how well Ive gotten to know my best friend. You'll find stuff that might sit well, that might now sit. well.. it's been so long that you've been forced to address the things that aren't clean

Samantha drops a little tease for Words with Friends/Garth promotion w/ Amazon...

There's a big announcement in the next month-month and a half... (dealing w/ words with friends I think)

Talks about Sirius and the garth channel and their free offer..

Twitch prime, and amazon and zynga all getting together with 'words with Garth'..

sings snippet(s) of:

1- Amarillo by Morning
    2- The Fireman
    3- sometimes I feel like Jesse James (acappella)

Goodbyes...
    The last song is called Troubadour
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

Glad to be of service

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Glad to be of service
    That's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Garthoholic24 View Post
    The last song is called Troubadour
    gotcha- lol I was finishing the recap about 100-130 in the morning, so I'll use that as my excuse..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

There's no Inside Studio G tonight- Memorial Day (acc. to his FB page)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I firmly believe this is not the time for people to say "Garth shouldnt be political" or something like that.

On the next studio G, I would love him to bring a message of hope to everybody.

I firmly believe this is not the time for people to say "Garth shouldnt be political" or something like that.

On the next studio G, I would love him to bring a message of hope to everybody.
    This isn't a time for Garth to be political, Brett. - It's NOT.. Garth shouldn't take a political side- if he chooses to? that's his deal but to be the political celebrity has never seemingly been his cup of tea, and it shouldn't be this time either..

I fully expect Garth to talk about coming together and hope and love.. I expect t talk of we shall be free, and perhaps a story/comparison to the riots..

I would imagine he'll try to be calm about it but will be a bit / seem a bit troubled about it- OR, he'll mention it and then try to go on to talking about the 'future'.. maybe Garth can distract with other things.. (not gonna happen but maybe you could even say he'd be able to bring some 'FUN' to the world we're living in right now)..

OR, Garth may mention and focus on the Charlotte postponement till October and/or talk about Cincy.... we'll find out in about 17 hrs

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

This isn't a time for Garth to be political, Brett. - It's NOT.. Garth shouldn't take a political side- if he chooses to? that's his deal but to be the political celebrity has never seemingly been his cup of tea, and it shouldn't be this time either..

I fully expect Garth to talk about coming together and hope and love.. I expect t talk of we shall be free, and perhaps a story/comparison to the riots..

I would imagine he'll try to be calm about it but will be a bit / seem a bit troubled about it- OR, he'll mention it and then try to go on to talking about the 'future'.. maybe Garth can distract with other things.. (not gonna happen but maybe you could even say he'd be able to bring some 'FUN' to the world we're living in right now)..

OR, Garth may mention and focus on the Charlotte postponement till October and/or talk about Cincy.... we'll find out in about 17 hrs
    Very very poor choice of words from me. I agree he shouldn't be political!!

Yep I would hope he talks about it and as you said, I hope he mentions we should come together and give a message of hope.

That is what I meant to say.

The last thing he should do is get political.

Hope this clears up what I mean to say :-) !!

Very very poor choice of words from me. I agree he shouldn't be political!!

Yep I would hope he talks about it and as you said, I hope he mentions we should come together and give a message of hope.

That is what I meant to say.

The last thing he should do is get political.

Hope this clears up what I mean to say :-) !!
    I don't know MUCH but I'm fairly certain Garth will have that type of reaction and message

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Inside Studio G Recap for 6-1-2020

Inside Studio G clocks in at 22m19s this week

Started about 7 min. late..

Starts out with 'a little more solemn than usual, but..'

"No one's mentioned Covid really in the last 2 or 3 days, because now there's another storm upon us"

Going to address that today, but the bottom line is, it's about Love...

Trusting us as individuals and family...

Ask Garth (and comments... Ask Garth's this week kinda were both comments and questions

Garth you should do a new version of The Change for what's happening in the US right now it's something everyone needs God bless

seen a lot of the change.... God bless you and your family, that's very sweet...

Talking about the change today, what a beautiful song. I'm glad that music gets the role, of healing...

Ask Garth

Can please get some people loving people or some We Shall Be Free on Studio G? Maybe both? We all need to hear it my man. Sending love to the world and the human race

Amen, thanks Brandon.. AMEN.. Gotta have a lot of that.. very good...

Ask Garth

When will the hopeful words of a song written in 1992 We Shall be Free be more than only an aspiration?

Ms Carol. (The lady's name was Carol who sent the question in). I think there's a lot of things that've come to pass since 1992. But that's the whole thing about utopia, it's forever in front of you. You keep working. We'll get there- might not be in my lifetime, my children or grand childrens' life time but we'll get there. I know a lot of people think this world's going the other way but I think this world's a lot better than it used to be. Cause our history has shown that things have really gotten out of hand, so as wild as things are getting right now try to remember these may be the best times of all the worst times.. because there are people who love one another and they're standing up for it.. My wife last night was kinda , not scared, but saying out lout that the whole world's burning. I took her outside, and I said the world isn't burning, because there s a lot more people who believe in loving each other than burning the world, and that's why it's like this. Just believe, that the person next to you is a good person. We'll get through this, .. keep the passion, just not the knee jerk reaction, it's the truth that we're lookin for, and the truth is where we're going.

Saw somebody who posted the new version ons the WSBF video... really proud of that song. Stephanie Davis, and of course Tony Arata for the change, just listen to em

"The greatest weapon known to man, is love. Hold on to that weapon.."

On the new record there's a song called The Courage of LoveSo he DID record the song for FUN and not just for America's Got Talent.. in that song there's a line, truth must he the answer, and love must be the light. And here's how it goes down, if you look for the truth, it takes patience it takes tolerance. You have to turn over every stone. But once it's found, it's how you react to it, it's how you gain the faith, or lose the faith, of the people that you govern.. So everyone lets sit tight, let's go find the truth, and once the truth is there then I call upon the people that are responsible, to make the right rulings, so everyone feels safe, at home too as well.

Can't imagine, cant imagine being in anybody's shoes right now..

Ask Garth

Im' a 911 operator, starting my 20th year. On those drives home, my go to song is the change, I love that line "what I do is so, the world will know that it will not change me".. Do you have a go to song? Maybe one that just takes you back to a particular time or place in your life, or even one that just reminds you of the queen.

20 years as a dispatcher.. you think she's heard some stuff? that's the thing, no one can walk in the same shoes of someone if your'e not the same color, if you don't do the same job, all that stuff, so again... Tolerance, Patience, keep that passion, keep that focus, to chasing the truth. For me, mine is not songs its guys. So .. Haggard.. when I hear Haggard sing it's like the world's right. When I hear Strait sing, it's like the world's right. (Talks about would be playing a lot of haggard and strait if day means driving on a tractor..). With the Queen, the Queen on the every girl in this town record, she's got a song called carry me home. Kills me. It'll be played at my funeral. It's a good song, kinda keeps me in the center, lets me take a breath, so that knee jerk reaction passes, the passion stays, and you can focus on chasing the truth.

Love tolerance and patience might take you a little longer to get there, but where your'e going, is where you need to end up.

Ask Garth

One of my favorite musicians is Chris Ledoux. Don'y worry you're in the top 5. My question to you is how has Ledoux influenced your career?

this is Ledoux for me. I always thought that there were two worlds, the one we live in, and then the one that CAN BE. There are people in my life, that are holding that world open, so I can see how I'm living, and how I SHOULD be living. Chris Ledoux is one of those guys. And Chris Ledoux Still holds it open for me, cause if your'e ever around him, the way he acted, it's like what ghandi said, whatever you leave is your message, My LIFE is my message, that was Chris Ledoux.

Ask Garth

Two questions: What do you miss the most about touring, during this whole corona thing, and also next year is your touring schedule gonna be different, because your'e going to have to make up dates, in addition to the dates that you would've done next year, or are you gonna be running your tail off because I can't wait to get back to see you again for my 10th Garth concert.

I hope I'm running my tail off, cause this what you want to do. Talking about the dispatcher, and police, and the jobs you don't want to do. This is the job you want. It's a job you roll in, you get to play, but another job you don't want, are the guys who are there, 6 days before you get there. Hanging the steel, putting it up, so you run as fast as those guys are safe. That's what takes your time. It isn't the demand, it isn't anything like that. It's you run as fast as your crew guys are safe. You talk about what I kinda miss the most? Those guys... just hugging those guys. Try to remember those guys, (chokes up a bit).. some of those guys I went to college with.. so I've known them forever. They're great guys I just love em, it's like a firefighter or ball player when they retire you ask them what they miss the most, it's the dugout, its the firehouse, those guys...

(Goes on a bit about connection with the people, and if you're a singer and you don't' use your singing, it builds up (kinda uses a phlegm connection to coughing).. big chuck Kennedy, says right before you go out, he says relax, its just like a 2 hour slide.. and he's right. It's fun from the word go.

(From Samantha) Lots of words in the comments about love, and tolerance and Garth for president.

Everything is a blessing is a curse. What I'm enjoying right now is the passion. There's a focus, there's a message that needs to be said.. HOW it's said, is where we need to focus.. Patience, Tolerance, just keep speaking the truth, and pursuing it, that's what it's all about.

Ask Garth

NO question, comment about how had a car wreck broke back, ankle, 10 surgeries, lost 1/2 blood, music plays in my PT. Sharing love and gratitude I'm a singer myself...

Music, getting to be a part of the healing, be it physical, be it emotional, be it what we're all goign through right now. It's cool that music gets to play that part.

It's a lot more important than I ever gave it I always thought it was silly and fun but when I look at my times, the hardest times in my life, music has always been the soothing thing that makes me feel better.

Ask Garth

video of a guy playing the thunder rolls on his guitar, and catching a lightning strike/thunder boom at just about right time

Ask Garth

father and son, (young son watching father over his shoulder) watching Garth. - no real question

it's cool to get to be...... A piece of the tapestry... some part of the lives, of people, When I look at the people that mean that to me, guys like Urban, and James Taylor, those guys, so so sweet, it's just great to get to be part of your family.

Ask Garth

When you said the wait for Ireland would be worth it, it got me thinking. You couldn't start your comeback tour in Ireland (garth looks at camera and says 'we tried!') does this mean you're going to end the tour there? To complete the circle?

(Garth looks slyly at the camera).. (Samantha says 'don't answer don't answer') garth responds "You think I'm gonna answer? This is Inside Studio G, where there are no answers'[ " (I bet there are some 'less than stable' podcasters and YouTube streamers, and others, who will agree with/rag on that statement a lot..). (though lol it is a funny statement and not all together a false one either

Ask Garth

I'm getting much too old for you to come and have a second stab at Ireland since 2014. North or south we don't care Ireland's your best fan base and we both know it hoss.. (BEST fan base? I beg to differ, based on the US and time spent here, BUT.... European fans wise? Possibly... overall? nope..

this might offend people in Ireland.. north or south, it doesn't matter. They love their music, they love the queen, this is the place man. Hers' the blessing and the curse with this covid thing, it brings us together ,... and if you notice, I am completely avoiding the question, but I love you (garth smiling)

Ask Garth
    I have one question I'm dying to know the answer to. When you hit the first chords of Friends in Low Places, and a packed stadium starts singing back to you, what do you feel in that moment?

Kyle.. it's like... you ever Let go of a bicycle steering wheel, and you're not afraid? Ever get up tot the top of a roller coaster and you know for the next 5 minutes you're gonna have the time of your life? .. I hate to throw this last one in, it's the easiest gig on the planet. All you have to do is just not get in the way. Let em sing they don't' care if you're there or not at that point, once they hear those chords and they start to sing, they sing to each other, they don't even look at me, and they're having the time of their life, we've talked about this before so forgive me, but the truth stays the truth. In every interview with a journalist they're always going to try to ask you- if you get one song you hoped you never play again, what would it be, and. You know FILP is what they want it to be, so what I always tell em is I haven't played FILP in 25 years because of people sinning it back to me. I never get to.

Talks about That's what Cowboys do, how it's 'tearing it up' right now..

Ask Garth

With That's what cowboys do you turned the clock back 25-30 years with the song was that your intention? I hope radio stations play the heck out of it , and it did not surprise me one I heard that Mitch Rossell had a hand in writing it.

Garth bashes Mitch Rossell just a bit (having fun at his expense.. talks bout the brother who dropped him off at Garth's house to write.. (John martin's brother).. ). this (TWCD) came out of it

Talks bout bout it was an homage to strait. New Way to Fly was a tribute to Haggard, If Tomorrow Never Comes was a tribute to Jones. Just that nod to men and women in the cowboy hats, that showed up when none else did, just love em, it's fun to get to play country music, I'm a lucky man..

Acknowledges the Songwriter Icon award....

Teases Words with Garth..

Goodbyes....

now to go make dinner for my family

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Thank ya, Scooter!

Quote Originally Posted by The-Spud View Post
    Thank ya, Scooter!
    No problem sir!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

wrap-up will come fairly soon (only about a 10m inside studio G today)

this Thursday somethings' happening..... looks almost like a concert in virtual reality/online or something.... anyway gotta go back and re-watch- hard to hear today on ISG

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Pre recorded????

Keep buffering, so I reloaded the page, and then it started, but it was like counting down with the minutes left, so i fast forwarded it to the end.

Or am i mistaken here???

Inside Studio G Recap for 6-8-2020

Inside Studio G clocks in at 9m51s this week

Started about 15 min. late..

No ask Garth's this week- heres what went down....

Garth was standing on a stage, bathed in a pinkish/reddish light...

The concert stage was in a sound stage, definitely, with at least one camera present (a big swing arm type of camera)

garth quotes/words in red

"as for anything you're seeing right now? We'll talk about that later"

Garth was walking and pointing out all the people 'you don't see'

Welcomes

"can't talk about it yet"

Thursday is when you'll find out "what all this is about"

"It's great to be back... Hashtag wants me to explain what's going on, and I can't.."

"Something special's going on.."

"Cool things are happening"

"Finally get to start back up, get to do what we were supposed to do this month"
    or this week? Couldn't understand him w/ the background noise

Talking about Zynga and Words with Garth

Introduces the host via a video (couldn't understand her at all)

Sounds like Garth will be playing her in words with friends 2.. People will get to watch/see him play AND play along. It's going to be all about country music.... Going to have other people from music industry in as well ??

On Monday (June 15) go to www.amazon.com/wordswithgarth to get more information.

The game is apparently on June 15 at 725 EST (625 CST, 525 MST, 425 PST)

Talking about the A&E special and how it's on Netflix now

"Did I mention I get to see the guys again? So much fun to be back with ?? And the band. We're about halfway throughthen garth gets hard to hear, can't understand what he's saying for a sec..

Talking about the A&E Special being shown in the UK/Ireland.

"it's slowly....... Here we come"

"Then slowly out of here we come, here come the protests, the answer to both of them is patience... tolerance... love. That truth.. once you find that truth, act appropriately on that truth.. Sometimes, truth takes a while to get here, so..."

you're never going to waste a second if you spend it loving"

Talking about the Garth channel having a moment of silence....

Talks about being all leaves on the same tree under the same sky..

There are diamonds on the floor, and a spinning G logo on 2 screens behind an elevated area (like he has at start of concerts)... it's called a "virtual reality set".. could this be something to do with the diamond project/series/etc. thing that was and has been mentioned before??? Will haver to find out on Thursday I guess..

"This Thursday, you're going to find out we can all be back doing our thing together, following all the rules, but in a larger number than we ever expected. It's gonna be cool. (lol how many times does he say that? (the part about it's gonna be cool)

"we will be apart...........together"

Goodbyes

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Words with friends sounds like something the Karenís would get excited about but I am out.

Like that he addressed it without taking a side. I have a lot of police friends that feel hurt and like everyone is attacking them right now.

Going to guess garth is doing a network special with no fans and some sort or virtual reality

The words with friends thing, doesn't do anything for me, but each to their own, if it's your thing, then cool.

Looking forward to the announcement this week, Im guessing it must be a live concert with no fans, but be broadcasting on TV/Internet/SocialMedia???

We are now allowed crowds to our sporting events/concerts here, so if he ever wants to play in front of a live audience in the near future, he can come here! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    Words with friends sounds like something the Karen’s would get excited about but I am out.
    I like playing it (WWF2) but it's not something I go out of my way to play w/ strangers.. too many games and it takes over your free time...

Like that he addressed it without taking a side. I have a lot of police friends that feel hurt and like everyone is attacking them right now.

Going to guess garth is doing a network special with no fans and some sort or virtual reality
    I'm thinking the virtual reality thing may have something to do w/ the diamond collection... just a hunch, but it could have something to with it.. However I also think you could be right- in that it's a concert thing or special w/ no fans.. It did speak 'concert' didn't it...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Very hard to hear, but am I right that he said 11am Thursday, I know its thursday, but I thought I picked him up saying 11am.

Very hard to hear, but am I right that he said 11am Thursday, I know its thursday, but I thought I picked him up saying 11am.
    I didn't hear him say anything about 11AM specifically- where was that in the show (that you heard?) I can go back and re-listen to it

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I didn't hear him say anything about 11AM specifically- where was that in the show (that you heard?) I can go back and re-listen to it
    Oh I misheard!!!!

When he said 11, he meant the 11th not 11am.

It was about a minute into the video. He was talking about the date, not the time.

gotcha- yeah it was def. the date not the time

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Not doing an inside Studio G Recap this week as there really isn't / wasn't anything earth shattering / news oriented. Most of the show dealt with the drive in show, and the WWF2 thing Garth did this afternoon (I tried to record it, but a no go- on one computer I got a kernel panic/spontaneous extended restart, and the other one didn't take sound. so that was a no go..)

No majorly interesting questions either, other than one asking Garth about tattoos, and his response of him not having one, but Alie turned 18 when they were supposed to be in Ireland, and they were going to get tattoos together over there, so he 'still owes her that'..

Garth did get a bit political, in his 'love everyone ' type of way, talking about 'dont' let them divide you'.. won't go too far into it, but in many ways his leanings (not surprising) are clearer, but also you can tell that he doesn't really WANT to be political (and honestly, his comments about 'dont let them divide you' can be taken multiple ways

there was a bit of discussion about Robin Roberts and her sharing of 'We Belong To Each Other', the new song.. it's available on her FB page/instagram page evidently, but there are some (cough cough) who have it already in audio form...

other than that not too much this week- Inside Studio G came in at 19m35s this week...

Till Next week

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

hey guy-s. just a real quick note the Inside studio G recap will happen, Iv'e had a LOT go on/happen over the last few days (mostly normal, all but one thing good) and I've gotten behind the ball.

in quick order

1) had to get new car for wife so hers could be 'retired' ( a van w/ 120k+ miles)
    2) fathers day
    3) more graduation pics for my daughter
    4) pool with my son (our HOA pool is opening w/ restrictions)
    5) my longtime (just shy of 25 years) Taekwon-do instructor passed away from Covid (God forgive my language, but F&&& Covid ) and thats been a big emotional blow...
    6) I have to write a letter of recommendation for a former student in Taekwondo who's applying to 2 service academies and needs a letter as part of his app packet

Anywho.... update IS coming...

Inside Studio G was an even 31m00s this week

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread