+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2020

In the USA, the best country in the world
    *** this may be a briefer recap this week of ISG, just sayin***

inside studio G recap for 6/22/2020

Inside Studio G comes in at a flat 31m00s this week

The actual sho starts at the 3:55 mark, the first 3:55 was the lyric 'video' for the new song "We belong to each other"

Talking about how they recorded (in studio B at Allentown) the new song (we belong to each other)

- it was a performance recording, not a traditional , "layered" recording
    - writer by Stephanie Davis (at least part of it was- CALLED IT!)

Mentions robin Roberts' getting the song/sharing it a bit..

The song may not be on FUN.. it's a different song, right now it's for people to 'absorb'... (it'll show up eventually but not on FUN it sounds like)

Talking about how the song came to be (mentioning getting it from Stephanie Davis, just her and a guitar and the way it came to be there.. (the sound of it)

Talking about his sweatshirt- it says DAD (but it's a D chord, an A chord, and a D chord, not the word) - a present from his youngest

Ask Garth

Is there a Reba song you'd like to do?

she had a song off her first or 2nd album called if you only knew what a single girl goes through... what a beautiful anthem for the single working woman..

Ask Garth

What songs and/or lyrics have struck you with new meaning during this pandemic and cultural crisis..

there's a line in we belong to each other.. ('were all ancient stars, turned into flesh and bone') and (' we're all travelers on a bus ride home') we have to take same bus ride learn the same lessons... in every curse there is a blessing and this blessing I think is finding out how many people really care

Ask Garth

(Samantha read the question as the video was hard to hear. It's about Vegas and the drive ins)

let's address both of these-

1) the drive ins... what a hell of a weekend - Walter Kensey brought this to me, cares about people going to see the concerts, talking about how pandemic has wiped out the behind the scenes people... wanted to shoot a film solely created for drive ins, people go to see all at once.. over 300 theaters, 200 car spaces... well over capacity but still gonna have slots open in diff. theaters...

He said they to remember- a lot of these places won't get to see the stadium tour, don't' have prof. Football stadiums.. I don't want to give anything away but you might get to see a bit of the stadium tour. You're gonna see all the players, you'll get to see the music- one right after another (the songs..)

TOTALLY BYPASSED/SKIPPED OVER VEGAS QUESTION....

Ask Garth
    Any shirts or hats going to be available (for the drive in show)

they already are ! (On amazon and garthbrooks.com) (shirts). diff. Shirts, tries to talk about the price... )

Amazon shirts - come out to about $35 (34.99) and free shipping (if prime)..

Garthbrooks.com shirts - $25 but with upgraded shipping could be $32-33.....

Kinda a wash, yeah...

Retro shirt that Garth showed artwork of and is 'ty's favorite' (she loves the retro stuff he said) IS NOT a Gildan or Hanes beefy shirt like his best quality shirts are- it's a slightly less quality of a shirt, lighter, and probably cheaper made (that last part is my opinion only, about the cost of making it).. but it's def. not QUITE the same quality shirt wise..)

Ask Garth
    Not a real question, but talks about how going to both shows (be at the drive in for both shows).. (ticket hog?)

Ask Garth
    Are you going to sneak in and watch a show? Your only chance to sneak in and do a show and attend it at the same time

I beg to differ. We did a show at Croke park in Ireland.. I got to watch the show from the audience because they were passing me around at the time..

Ask Garth
    Not a real question ,just an offer for Garth and TY to double date in their car for the drive in (seriously? What kinda ridiculous statement/question is that but yep it gets through..)

Ask Garth
    Will you ever put the drive in video on DVD to sell for those of use who did not get tickets? Or those of us who want to relive the show?

that's very sweet. I don't know... right now it's a one time thing for those people and what killed me was they called me and said 'you've got 50000 cars through here, so far, and you have 120,000 cars waiting... I could not believe the numbers when they came through Friday. I think that everyone got that this is a one time thing, and we're probably gonna keep it that way because these people that are putting these things on, are putting the band and crew, they're employing them, like a stadium show, so I think it's our job as Artists, to give them something they can't get anywhere else, the band and crew needed this financially as well, I hope it's worth it when you see it.. reading between the lines.... He didn't' really say NO outright.. yeah- it'll be released somehow at some time, I'd wager, can use excuse of 'people wanted me to get it out to all the people who couldn't get tickets but wanted to see it.. plus- how are you going to effectively stop people from recording it out of their own car? I'm fairly certain someone somewhere will do it / try it...

Ask Garth
    What was one of your favorite gifts that you got from the girls on fathers day that was hand made? Do you still have it? Happy fathers day ...

Alie does lemon squares ... did whole bottom of pan that said dad on it... was a round pan, sides were brown and crunchy..

Ask Garth
    Any chance we can get another night of just you, your guitar, and TY or anyone you want to invite and let us have a night of music love and 'for a moment all the world was right(ness)'?

do you know how much it took last time to get everyone in? (They laugh about it). Let's do it, let's make a date... let's see what karma's saying about 7-7, let see what it is, what we can do.. let's figure out a time when we can do it, and we will, but in a way to come together, not just to come together apart, but come together instead of lashing out, let's come together to love. Let's do that

Gives words of advice for graduates... " bottom line was success does not guarantee happiness, but happiness does guarantee success. Find whatever it is that makes you happy.. (kinda rambles) "

Comes back to Vegas.. "did we ever respond to Vegas?

Ok, so here's the deal.. we haven't heard no yet.. and in this world no news is great news, here's what's gonna happen. They're gonna follow their state rules, and good Lord willing there will come a time, and if it's the scheduled time, or even after that, where we all get together, what I need you to do is be together, be stretching out, be warming up, be singing, cause that's what we're doing.. protect one another stay strong ...

Goodbyes
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    hey guy-s. just a real quick note the Inside studio G recap will happen, Iv'e had a LOT go on/happen over the last few days (mostly normal, all but one thing good) and I've gotten behind the ball.

in quick order

1) had to get new car for wife so hers could be 'retired' ( a van w/ 120k+ miles)
    2) fathers day
    3) more graduation pics for my daughter
    4) pool with my son (our HOA pool is opening w/ restrictions)
    5) my longtime (just shy of 25 years) Taekwon-do instructor passed away from Covid (God forgive my language, but F&&& Covid ) and thats been a big emotional blow...
    6) I have to write a letter of recommendation for a former student in Taekwondo who's applying to 2 service academies and needs a letter as part of his app packet

Anywho.... update IS coming...

Inside Studio G was an even 31m00s this week
    Sorry to hear about your Taekwon-do instructor. This covid thing is awful, and it doesn't seem to be going away, cases are popping up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Sorry to hear about your Taekwon-do instructor. This covid thing is awful, and it doesn't seem to be going away, cases are popping up again.
    in New Zealand as well?

yeah covid sucks... I'm not gonna say much more than that... it sucks

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

in New Zealand as well?

yeah covid sucks... I'm not gonna say much more than that... it sucks
    Yes, some more cases have happen here, someone returning from overseas, and some more at the hotel where
    people were being isolated at. There's about half a dozen cases in all now, but its expected to rise.

I think people are starting to realize there's going to be no stopping this thing until there's a vaccine.

Inside Studio G Recap for 6-29-2020

Inside studio G clocked in at 27m01s this week

Of all the pictures taken in the collage at the beginning- I counted only 13 where people were actively wearing a mask.. out of ALL of them..

Drive in stole the weekend for Garth

Talking about the drive in- difference in ages of people, etc..

Garth says the sound was phenomenal. (Ehh he wasn't in every place that' for certain..)

About 90m was filmed, lost about 30-40m in editing..

Mentions/talks a bit about the housekeeping session(s) that were after each part...

Talked about a few songs that were sung during the show (the ballads, and Fishin in the dark)

Talking about the band and how they looked/sounded.. hardest thing is to play to an empty back wall...

Since he was 20 years old, he's "seen your faces".. would sneak in and play acoustically..

Now it's much much easier to see them..

Showing videos of people at the drive in show(s)

Ask Garth

No real question, just a comment or two about the show and the experience..

Mentioning about tweeting to the people who were watching...

Showing picture of someone who'd been tweeting with Garth but passed out shortly after (ad little kid)

Ask Garth

What was the first concert you attended with your girls as a fan

Jonas brothers..Mainly for August.. I think my ears are still ringing from that concert

Ask Garth

We've noticed that every time we see you, or just about every time we see you, you have the same necklace on. We're curious if it has sentimental value or if someone gave it to you...

the necklace.. it's a fighting necklace, it's just supposed to give you strength to fight, you pick em up in baseball, it was given to me by my wife, so it's sentimental to me, maybe superstition, but just feel good when it's on

Ask Garth
    Comment about getting engaged and getting married and garth's music being reason why (no real question)

Ask Garth
    Comment about people clapping along outside of cars for We Shall be Free in Stephens City VA

Ask Garth
    Another comment about the show, and a young girl going, she was wearing original fan club shirt (not a real question)

Ask Garth
    Comment on drive in show

That's it for the drive in- have some housekeeping from last week

Showing the question from last week about having another night of just garth, his guitar, and TY (or anyone else) ...

Going to have an acoustic 'show' of requests etc. on 7/7 (next Tuesday) but have not cleared it w/ Trisha yet

May be at the studio, may not be but it'll be bare bones, not like the other one was (polished)..

Might try it up at the campfire..

Gonna use it 'Garth request live 2'

Ask Garth
    Will you be taking requests for it like you do for housekeeping in the live shows?

yes and no- people, you gotta realize .. (talks about emmit and the 'days of M' when he was alive

Must ask for a request with a mustache on, talks about the mustache party they had...

Has pictures of 'days of M parties". If have a request must come with a pic. Of you with a big cowboy mustache

Going to have Studio G on the 6th, just to set up 7/7

Ask Garth
    I read an article about the movie twister which said you turned down the lead role in that movie ,is it true? If so why?

no it's not true ... now there's another rumor out there that in Saving Private Ryan one of the characters was written for me, and I turned it down. That's not true either.. what it was was, the guy who was doing the writing was a friend of mine, he used me, being from Oklahoma, said I say you in everything I wrote into one of these characters, so when he was working on his script, he used me as a face to Draw a character from, the role was never offered to me, and acting's not my thing anyway.. (laughs off comment about SNL and people begging to differ.)

Goodbyes...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

He said he dropped 30-40 minutes off the show with editing. What do you think that means? He did not like the way they sounded or he was trying to keep it to hour 15 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    He said he dropped 30-40 minutes off the show with editing. What do you think that means? He did not like the way they sounded or he was trying to keep it to hour 15 minutes?
    personal guess? it was more the former than the latter. I think there wasn't the right lighting, or the right 'sound'.... but I'd wager there may have been a bit of the latter too.. they had to keep it at a certain point in order to allow for all the 'double features' that were shown around the country too.

but it does lend itself ot the 'there's more out there, maybe an expanded release will happen somehow' thought doesn't it?

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

hey guy-s. just a real quick note the Inside studio G recap will happen, Iv'e had a LOT go on/happen over the last few days (mostly normal, all but one thing good) and I've gotten behind the ball.

in quick order

1) had to get new car for wife so hers could be 'retired' ( a van w/ 120k+ miles)
    2) fathers day
    3) more graduation pics for my daughter
    4) pool with my son (our HOA pool is opening w/ restrictions)
    5) my longtime (just shy of 25 years) Taekwon-do instructor passed away from Covid (God forgive my language, but F&&& Covid ) and thats been a big emotional blow...
    6) I have to write a letter of recommendation for a former student in Taekwondo who's applying to 2 service academies and needs a letter as part of his app packet

Anywho.... update IS coming...

Inside Studio G was an even 31m00s this week
    Damn boss, Iím sorry. I missed this post the first time through. Very sorry for the loss.

Quote Originally Posted by fences2312 View Post
    Damn boss, I’m sorry. I missed this post the first time through. Very sorry for the loss.
    hey fences- thanks for your kind words.. it's been a shock I will not lie.. though not from covid, the deaths close to home kept hitting, a man I worked with and who was directly responsible (too long of. story for here) my being able to have a job the rest of this past school year during early pandemic days, passed from cancer today.. I think he's younger than me (I'm 47)..
    Wil def have an update on the next show, and maybe (dont' know) review of the concert on 7/7

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

hey fences- thanks for your kind words.. it's been a shock I will not lie.. though not from covid, the deaths close to home kept hitting, a man I worked with and who was directly responsible (too long of. story for here) my being able to have a job the rest of this past school year during early pandemic days, passed from cancer today.. I think he's younger than me (I'm 47)..
    Wil def have an update on the next show, and maybe (dont' know) review of the concert on 7/7
    Very sorry again, condolences. ďFor A Minute ThereĒ is always my go to. It makes my cry, which is necessary...Iím not trying to make you cry...but, maybe itíll help. Sorry again, boss.

Quote Originally Posted by fences2312 View Post
    Very sorry again, condolences. “For A Minute There” is always my go to. It makes my cry, which is necessary...I’m not trying to make you cry...but, maybe it’ll help. Sorry again, boss.
    I gotcha.. crying already happened (not ashamed to say)...

Appreciate it though I really do-

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

"For A Minute There“ Is also my go to song to cry.
    That and “I Miss You A Little" by John Michael-Montgomery
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

+ Reply to Thread