Still no word on Fun.....2 years and nothing
    Fluff questions
    One of the host played a video of his second cousin
    More fluff questions
    Sun rises and sets on trisha
    Playing opry Saturday night with not his daughter but you know who
    That’s it

In the USA, the best country in the world
    hmm- I was off by about 2 min on my time guess.. wrap-up will be up hopefully later tonight I've actually gotten work to do with the school where I'm helping so have to finish that first
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

ok- sorry for it being late- I had a package arrive today that I didn't think would be here for another few days, and between that (It was a retron77 video game system, and I now have every single Atari 2600 game that I know of that's been officially released all on one box now) (with a few cartridges on the way...) and my 'work' that I'm doing for a school happening , I was sidetracked... but here's the recap

Inside Studio G Recap for 4-27-2020

Inside Studio G clocks in at 23m10s this week

*** this is gonna be a brief recap, there wasn't really much of anything earth shattering on the show this week....

-----

Starts talking about the virus, and maybe things getting a bit better, perhaps.. wants people to be safe etc.

Did play a few little snippets of songs...

- Same Old Lang Syne - Dan Fogelberg
    - On the other hand - Randy Travis
    -

Talks about 'double date' - Garth and Trisha 'taking over' the opry- the Opry has been running during this time, having people show up and 'do their thing'. It's just going to be TY and GB this Saturday at the Opry

Will do some of the greatest country music on the planet, may not do any Garth stuff.. (TY may do TY stuff).. Garth mentions doing Strait, Jones, Haggard, travis....

On Saturday night (5/2)

Going to be 8pm eastern time,

(Some links)

https://inthecircle.com

Follow Circle on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/circleallac...
    Follow Circle on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CircleAllAcc...
    Follow Circle on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CircleAllAccess

https://www.circleplus.com/garth-bro...aturday-may-2/

Looks like it'll be available on 'the circle'.. not on cable really, sounds like it's on over the air TV..

Gonna be on their FB page, Garth's FB page, TY's FB page...

Going to be 'pure stone country' not off the Wall stuff they normally do

Ask Garth questions

- do you have any fun elementary school memories

- hashtag's 2nd sousing plays 'the river' the saxophone

- lab tech at hospital - watching ISG soothes tired soul.. (no question)

- how you put songs together and how they get arranged- get demos, normally single instrument, who chooses what is added to make the song.. is it producer, you, songwriter, etc..

what you do is try to remember- greatest players on planet moves Nashville. You bring them in for the record, you show them what your'd doing, at the same time they're gonna throw in their thing.. (mentions the dance and the fiddle intro to Much Too Young). Pretty much those guys. You can take background singers, (mentions Which one of them and Susan Ashton singing the line 'My friends have all left and I need a ride home' on the song...) a lot of input comes from the people who make the records, that input.. (mentions the basic 5 guys).. they put the input on the records- as much theres as they are mine. Contributions come from everywhere. I had to share that answer, it was a good question

- working on front lines (medical worker?) thanking Garth and TY, noticed how TY came in and took over studio G, could Garth go in and do likewise with Coffee Talk? (Garth doesn't do mornings)

- someone who tested positive for Covid-19, could use some music to soothe my soul, please play dixie chicken (garth obliges just a bit of it...)

- someone showing their appreciation for Garth and TY and 'all they've done' dugong these times (a drawing- of a picture taken in their little 'mini concert' on CBS)

- girl who got birthday shout out last week videoed in to thank him, and then sang a bit of people loving people to Garth.. (mentions maybe now that she's 13 her dad will let her listen to the third FILP verse)

Wrap-up and Goodbyes

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

No Studio G tonight.

Back next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    No Studio G tonight.

Back next week.
    Yep... they’re saying “quarantine date night” as a reason- tis good will give time to get more thoughts on what could happen on the next one I suppose?

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Tomorrow will all be about words with friends/twitch, (eg, bringing people together)

I dont think it will be full of information.

Half of Fum will be released tonight, he has to call amazon first though.

Half of Fum will be released tonight, he has to call amazon first though.
    That was MY tweet... I'm Emerald Isle here, but I'm "Panama Jack" literally everywhere else, including Twitter!! So yes, he answered my question, and if we seriously get a few songs tonight (or soon-ish), then that's awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    That was MY tweet... I'm Emerald Isle here, but I'm "Panama Jack" literally everywhere else, including Twitter!! So yes, he answered my question, and if we seriously get a few songs tonight (or soon-ish), then that's awesome!!
    That is so cool, ya got your question read.

will do my usual write up soon but man, this is a long one- 36m54s!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Are the new songs up on Amazon yet? Have I gone to the wrong link?, Amazon's page for FUN is still the same.

Haven’t seen the whole show yet so I can’t say whether or not Garth actually said he WOULD drop the songs not saying he didn’t. (As we all know there is always seemingly some wiggle room with Garth)

However Brett- you are not a patient person

The announcement for what it’s worth was made only 5 hrs ago- if Garth did have to get a hold of amazon peeps etc then there may be some tech stuff or red tape no way to know

Be patient young padawan!

But no I haven’t seen any diff in the page myself either nor news of release

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Haven’t seen the whole show yet so I can’t say whether or not Garth actually said he WOULD drop the songs not saying he didn’t. (As we all know there is always seemingly some wiggle room with Garth)

However Brett- you are not a patient person

The announcement for what it’s worth was made only 5 hrs ago- if Garth did have to get a hold of amazon peeps etc then there may be some tech stuff or red tape no way to know

Be patient young padawan!

But no I haven’t seen any diff in the page myself either nor news of release
    haha, fair play, he did though say tonight, yeah but he did say something alomng the lines of its up to amazon I think, so maybe when I wake up in the morning, it will there, anyway its only 424pm NewZealand time as I write this, so plenty of time
    before I got to bed.

partway through the recap- it's almost 1AM here.. I'm gonna get up in AM and finish... sorry for the delay

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Inside Studio G Recap 5-11-2020

Inside Studio G clocks in at 36m54s this week

Talking about Mother’s day and the “date night” from last week with TY

Mentions ‘the fight’ at ND (https://myndpilot.nd.edu/donations/f...ion_code=04764)

Ask Garth

1- wants to sing Ireland, or another Irish song (the one that Garth sang w/ his mom on the biography show), and waiting for Cincy show

Garth uses the phrase “on hold” with the Cincy show, and sings some of ‘Too Ra Loo Ra Loo Ral’
    2- What was the first record you ever owned (SOFTBALL QUESTION)

Was the last of 6 kids, never owned records until out of house. First one I bought was probably Strait Country by George Strait on cassette or 8 track.

3- Was it hard to sing in emptiness of Opry w/o fans?

talks about the Opry house, the circle, the tradition, and the legend of Roy Acuff and the Ryman being bought, etc.. kinda rambled some. Mentions playing stuff that wasn’t younger than maybe 50 years old UH GARTH, Did you forget you and TY played YOUR stuff? And HER stuff? That’s younger than 50 years

4- Got to tour backstage at Opry last time was in Nashville, which dressing room do you guys use?

sent TY and Garth to diff rooms, for social distancing. Tells story about Hank Thompson’s song “I didn’t know God made Honky Tonk Angels” and then Kitty Wells’ reply song with same Melody “It wasn’t God who made Honky Tonk Angels”. If came out today, those songs would conflict…

5- How has your education helped you navigate the music business?

Maybe it helped at the beginning, bit the music business has changed so much, that you’re kind of learning as you go now, especially with Digital and streaming and all that. The true “university” that helped me was the 4 years I spent at Steve Wynn’s place. One of the smartest, most people friendly people I’ve ever met. Believes that #1 the people who stay in his hotels and #2 the people who work for him should be treated the nicest.

If I could do the solo act again? I’d it in a heartbeat”

Samantha with a comment about people making videos, making them short and sweet and to the point

6- How do you remember so many songs?

as last of 6 kids where everyone else was music fans, you are exposed to so much and have all this music your whole life.

Plays snippet of “14 carat mind”
    Plays snippet of a don Williams song (don’t remember. Title)
    Plays snippet of “long hard road”

It just gets in your soul, sometimes you screw up and forget lyrics, etc but the audience forgives you

shows footage of ZOOM meeting when Garth joined the teachers meeting w/ her kids

7- When did you decide to have The Dance as your closing song?

when we played the Barn in Samford Florida, one of the first times we played, (but 2nd time played there), Palmer (it was his home state in Florida) said “are you going to use ‘the Dance’ to close this thing? Garth said “yeah, I think we are”. Before it became a single, became a song that would end the night, and has been a tradition and will be forever.

8- Sing Dan Fogelberg with TY (I think the song Longer)

talks about Dan Fogelberg and his lyrics, then plays snippets of

- Run for the Roses
    - The Nexus (acapella)
    - Tucson, AZ
    - Longer (mentions how he played weddings in ’86 timeframe and would play that)

Can’t think of the song that he plays in soundcheck still to this day but it’s a Fogelberg song, and will think of it/remember it, and play it next week

9- no real question, shows footage of a principal being serenaded with FILP by staff (and students?)

10- FROM PLANET GARTH MEMBER Emerald Isle . Any update on FUN? Still coming this summer or has it been delayed, because of everything going on? Old stuff is great but we need new stuff to help us though these times

Doesn’t want to be the guy does something when people are hurting, physically and financially. The album’s ready to go. How do you get out and promote and be happy/joyful when people are hurting…. Going to get Amazon on the phone, let’s release half the album tonight see if we can release half, pick some stuff out (mentions Party Gras and That’s what Cowboys do) see what we can do, how soon we can release some stuff

11- no real question, just noting recovered from COVID, and Garth sang Dixie chicken for her

Garth mentions amazon and how they are as partners, how great it is to have a partner like them when you can just call them up, get higher ups in the organization, and say things like “hey, can we do …..” [color=red] Uh Garth- normal people can’t.. YOU can…

talks abut Words with Friends thing coming up/out soon

Goodbyes

Update- THE SONGS ARE UP ON AMAZON.... at least on Amazon Unlimited ... sounds like you have to have that so it's worth a temp sub... thank goodness for "software".
    Last edited by Skywise; 05-12-2020 at 01:54 PM.

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I donít have amazon unlimited. You know what I do have? The F-ing Fun album I paid for 2 years ago. So if I want to hear the new songs I now have to pay for amazon unlimited even though itís songs off an album I already paid for. I am emailing amazon and requesting either my money bcak or the songs to be put on the dam album I already paid for. Very pissed off at garth right now and amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    I don’t have amazon unlimited. You know what I do have? The F-ing Fun album I paid for 2 years ago. So if I want to hear the new songs I now have to pay for amazon unlimited even though it’s songs off an album I already paid for. I am emailing amazon and requesting either my money bcak or the songs to be put on the dam album I already paid for. Very pissed off at garth right now and amazon.
    I'd say be patient... I think it's very possible these get added to pre-orders soon. Remember, this wasn't planned, and he said they'd be up last night, and they didn't show up for streaming until today. So it's possible that they wanted to get them up for streaming first and foremost (which I assume is easiest). Now, I'm guessing they're working on getting them added to the Fun pre-orders. But that's probably not as easy as it sounds since they also have to go in to the other 5 songs that were already released with the pre-order and change their metadata, etc. I remember this happened with Dive Bar. It showed up for streaming first and then 2-3 days later it was added to the Fun pre-orders. So again, I suggest to be patient.

It seems like you had to be a lady this time around to get a question through. At least a video question. I've begun to fast forward through the long narratives some of them have about how much Garth means to them.

There is absolutely no way garth on the spot decided to release 2 songs.
    Second I bought the album 2 years ago as did many, if he is going to add 2 new songs then the people who ordered the album should be his priority

Sorry for the foul language before but I am red hot over this

There is absolutely no way garth on the spot decided to release 2 songs.
    Second I bought the album 2 years ago as did many, if he is going to add 2 new songs then the people who ordered the album should be his priority

Sorry for the foul language before but I am red hot over this
    Be glad this is not one of the Garth Facebook Fan pages that takes out any negative comments you make about Garth and then eventually kicks you out. At least you can be real here

I HAVE Amazon Unlimited and I agree with you randa16. I don't buy for a second Garth's whole "bug eyed golly jeez I hope I don't get in trouble but gosh darn we will release some songs right now!"

People have been asking him to put it out for months now and to be fair it is a nice gesture to release two songs in the midst of all of this chaos. That being said he should also look after the people (like myself and most on here) that put down our money years ago and allow everyone to enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    Be glad this is not one of the Garth Facebook Fan pages that takes out any negative comments you make about Garth and then eventually kicks you out. At least you can be real here
    Garth is taking a bit of a beating on FB right now. People are not happy about it at all.

Again forgive me if this is a dumb question.

Am I right in saying to hear the two new songs, you have to sign up for Amazon Unlimited (which is a pay service???)

For those that heard the songs, what do you think of them?

Again forgive me if this is a dumb question.

Am I right in saying to hear the two new songs, you have to sign up for Amazon Unlimited (which is a pay service???)

For those that heard the songs, what do you think of them?
    Yes you have to buy amazon unlimited to get the new songs. They are not added to your already paid Fun album.

Yes you have to buy amazon unlimited to get the new songs. They are not added to your already paid Fun album.
    Not yet, anyway

Heard the two new songs, gotta say, they're pretty damn good, got an old school Garth feel to them.

With what I have heard from FUN, its already a lot better than GunSlinger.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I'd say be patient... I think it's very possible these get added to pre-orders soon. Remember, this wasn't planned, and he said they'd be up last night, and they didn't show up for streaming until today. So it's possible that they wanted to get them up for streaming first and foremost (which I assume is easiest). Now, I'm guessing they're working on getting them added to the Fun pre-orders. But that's probably not as easy as it sounds since they also have to go in to the other 5 songs that were already released with the pre-order and change their metadata, etc. I remember this happened with Dive Bar. It showed up for streaming first and then 2-3 days later it was added to the Fun pre-orders. So again, I suggest to be patient.
    A great suggestion I think... Patience.....

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

It seems like you had to be a lady this time around to get a question through. At least a video question. I've begun to fast forward through the long narratives some of them have about how much Garth means to them.
    Lol when I was doing the writeup last night I was getting tired having to sit through them, that was one reason for the delay till today

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

amen to that one

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Garth's June 13th concert still hasn't been officially postponed, I would say time is running out for this to happen. I know he wont make the
    announcement on studio G, I think there is a chance that he might say something along the lines of... "An announcement on the NC show will
    be made later in the week.

A few things things, if he doesn't make an announcement this week, I think its leaving it far too late, to postpone it with this short amount of time is nuts.

If it goes ahead it will be the only event of that size to take place on planet earth. No other country is allowing 74K people to concerts/sports events.

I think I said before if it goes ahead and their is an outbreak of covid because of it, Garth's career is destroyed and this is what he will be known for.

I think it will be postponed and rightly so, just think it's crazy to wait this long.

I know the decision is NOT Garth's if its allowed to go ahead.

BUT!!!!!!! Garth can say, "Im not doing the concert, even if I have permission to do so"

IMHO there is no way Garth should do a concert on June 13th.

+ Reply to Thread