+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    just a heads up... there will be a delay in my recap of Inside Studio G this week.. #1, it's 32m long this week and I'm testing for my 6th degree black belt in Taekwon-do this saturday- I'm a bit distracted..

also, It's opening weekend for football and My Broncos play tonight!! GO BRONCOS!! Garth will be there (recap wise). soon!
    My brother met John Elway in the late 1980's. My brother was part of New Zealand's track and field team in the 1980's, he ran the 400 meters. They were in London for
    a track and field meet. They were using the same training facilities as The Denver Broncos who were in London to play a game.

After the Broncos finished training, John Elway walked straight pass my brother, so he struck up a conversation with Elway, he told me Elway was very nice and down to earth
    and said it was kinda great to be able to go shopping in London without a lot of people recognizing him. My brother thought it was funny, after he had finished talking to Elway, he
    said a lot of American Journalists came up to him wanting to know every single word John Elway said!

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Elway's got an ego that's almost unbelievable.. I remember him as a rookie, skipping out on people wanting to get a signature.... He thinks his poop don't stink thats for certain... he was great as a quarterback, but in the office/business side of things he's been less than stellar with a few hits... we haven't done crap in about 4 years now and Elway can't seem to find how to get the players to fix the issues..

oh well- Garth recap ... maybe tomorrow? maybe wed.. just depends
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Elway's got an ego that's almost unbelievable.. I remember him as a rookie, skipping out on people wanting to get a signature.... He thinks his poop don't stink thats for certain... he was great as a quarterback, but in the office/business side of things he's been less than stellar with a few hits... we haven't done crap in about 4 years now and Elway can't seem to find how to get the players to fix the issues..

oh well- Garth recap ... maybe tomorrow? maybe wed.. just depends
    Wow that's surprising, I always thought he had a good reputation with fans and such. Ya learn something new each day!

I will try to get to the recap today or tomorrow but there may not be one- between the game last night, and my upcoming black belt testing, and finding out this morning that my best friend passed away yesterday morning, my mindset isn't exactly on Garth right now.. Apologies if it doesn't happen, though I will try to get it done...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

ok, I got it done.... responsibilities and obligations are just that.. and plus, this kinda helped a bit today when dealing w/ my friend's passing. God bless you Ryan, Love you man- say hi our Savior for me!

Inside Studio G recap for 9-14-2020

Inside Studio G was 34m 29s this week

Can’t wait for a lot of things to Start rolling again, but football is back…

Have a lot to cover today…

Mentions the ‘festivities’ for tomorrow, starting at 7pm eastern..

Dealing with the last of the legacy sets..

The pick your own number thing was a nightmare…. It ended up good

Dealing with Best Buy and last of legacy sets..

Will have posters, signing them…. Autographs making a comeback

A lot of requests from ‘around the planet’.

Ask Garth questions

1. my first dance with my niece was to The Dance (kids’ an infant). Which song would you have picked?

your’e gonna start that way with me? Man- my babies were this small.. just a bit ago.. now they’re gone.. , were watching first man last night, about Armstrong, deals with daughter he lost (garth starts tearing up a bit).. what song? I have no idea..any of em, you just get to hug em and hold em..

2. not real question- just the “FUNs” sharing favorite memories of Garth.. Samantha asks if Garth has a favorite memory

garth responds , talking about how yeah, the best ones are when. Fans go beyond fans to becoming friends. (Talks about lady who had sign about chemo by day (teresa?) and how she has become a friend, they text back and forth, and keep up with her and her daughter..

3. Jason (from Garth Brooks believers Facebook group (wearing ISG shirt).. Garth seems surprised about shirts being out- talks about hoodies maybe coming…. Garth just looking at the shirt…. And being amazed by it.. **(didn’t speak- Samantha said the audio was bad though the video was good…)**

4. picture of Garth at Nancy O’dell interview….
    talking about what was going on, how TY was singing on Shallow, and vocal overdubs…. That’s the one we’re going to use IF it makes the record…. (And THERE’s one reason why FUN isn’t out yet…). Nancy Odell asked if shallow would be on the record, garth talked about how you don’t push music…. Music is like TY.. you don’t push…

Samantha jokingly asking how Nancy Odell got access to Allentown studios, when they haven’t. Talking about Nancy and first guess on the peopleTV show. It’s not an interview it’s a conversation

5. (Nancy O’Dell) - not a question, just a comment responding to Garth’s thanks about having him as her first guest.. she responds I feel the same way about your my friend, of course I wanted you as my first big interview on People the TV show!

Talking about how to find / watch the show and the interview….

Shows a graphic of TV performing on CBS (on the ACM’s I think)

6. and chance for some girly hats on shop (.) garthbrooks (.) com one day? Maybe pastels or bling?

I don’t know how to look at those, but yes…. We’ll have the queen take it over. Or better yet? I’ll have my daughters take it over.. they’re cowgirls, etc. (mumbles just a bit)

7. Just got my first tattoo, already thinking towards my next one. Is there any way you could write me something, even just your signature ?[/b]

No…. (Weirded out look on his face).. .. . No…. She’s so cute.. Why do you even want to screw with that? It’s perfection… do not…. Do Not ink yourself up…

Samantha says - be careful, we have tattoos in this room.. (garth response- I know we have tattoos in this room, but why? Look at that!!) I’m gonna give you the perfect dad answer, ready? ….. We’ll see..

8. after a long 18 months I’ve been told I’m Cancer free. My question to you is- when covid is over do you think you will ever come back to UK or Europe? Thank you for the music it helped me through the dark times

may you forever stay that way…. As far as getting back to uk/Europe? I’d love to. just trying to figure out when. Because the covid thing has thrown everything into a weird spin.. because not only will covid cancel everything, but everything that was there is now getting backed up.. so now you go “hey can we go to Europe after the covid thing” well we’ve got three years of making up to do of other stuff. So the arenas, stadiums, they’re all going to be super busy…. If this covid thing ever lets us get back to life as we knew it before.

9. not a real question, just a comment about an old school garth store shirt, and garth sporting a hoodie like that, and how it’d be fun to start the traveling shirt adventure with it..

hmm.. . still haven’t figured out the traveling idea yet…. So, so are we thinking it’s going to be a hoodie? We’ll see.... It’s on the table

10. not a question ,just showing a guitar that she bought herself, jotting down 2am thoughts to make into songs. 2020 most devastating year, lost aunt 1/20/20 lost cat 8/31/20

yeah, 2020 is something we have to survive.. (starts talking about guitar, what it’s like, where it starts, etc…. (Talking about the guitar etc..)

11. how does one get into the songwriting business? I’m an artist/poet and one of my dreams is to write a song for you! I’ve also designed some new garth logos. I’m a FUN since 1989, and have never looked back..
    well, with steaming, I’m not sure that songwriting “business” is the same word anymore…. Goes to next question and goes back.. as far as ow you get into the songwriting business? To tell the truth, I don’t know what’s got you there , I mean I know wherever you’re at, if you move, it’s because you want to be around the songwriters. You want to be in a creative spot, and you want to just start writing, poetry is fine too, it’s hard to get songs to artists, because the whole thing is they want to protect the songwriter but the want to protect the artist as well, if you go through a publishing company, everything’ above board,…. If you’re going to get into the songwriting “business”, a publisher is a must.

12. not a real question, simply a memory shared about Whiskey to Wine and the launch of the garth channel (they were at the Ryman- showing their ticket).

first song ever played on the garth channel- people loving people. .. (talking about the garth channel, and things that are played.. I can’t listen to the studio version of whiskey to wine. (Prefers the live version) (talking about the Ryman show some more)

13. is there a concert you’ve attended and it’s still stuck with you?

gonna wager he says queen.. or James Taylor.. or mentions TY or his daughters and bruno mars…. Let’s see….

of course. They all do.. I don’t mean that as a cop out but theres something in all of them that’s fantastic.. So the first time you see George strait.. theres my guy. I was lucky enough to see Freddie mercury, and queen. …. amazing..CALLED IT!!. Two or three of the greatest entertainers ever. Let’s go with Prince, let’s go with Tina Turner, with James Brown, …. That’s an entertainer, thats what you want to do, so those concerts killed me. The eagles, if your’e lucky enough to get to go to an Eagles concert.. if you’re lucky enough to get to go to a Keith Urban concert, as an artist you’re like oh wow, does everybody get to sing like this? ….it’s fabulous…

14. The last time you came to Nova Scotia I was only 8 months old and could not go. When this pandemic is over would you consider coming back here?.

Kinda rambling answer, about weather it’s rough, Nova Scotia I have a soft spot for them, they treat my parents like they were family, and a few other things….

15. Will we ever see a Garth Brooks Gospel Album?

No, you won’t and let me tell you why, because I don’t think I deserve to get to make a gospel album. My brother mike’s gonna hate this ,he’s a deacon in the Catholic Church, I’m the first guy going to hell, but I am the first guy to recognize that all my gifts come from the good Lord and the people who have given me it which is you guys.. so I. Kind of do my thing, from my pulpit for lack of a better word…. The River, Unanswered Prayers, People loving people… that’s kinda my thing, uh, theres a song .. (sings a cappella snippet of fit for a king) (gets guitar…. Starts to play fit for a king (part) love music that just kinda shine the light that the gifts come from up above.. but thank you, its just not something that I’m worthy of getting to do.

16. not a real big question, someone from Australia saying they’re a big lover of music and missing last concert in Australia, are you coming down under…? Would love to get your signature and one of your awesome g hats..

I want to, I just don’t want to come over there as a guy thats uh, not been. I want to come over there as a current artist, so once this covid thing gets past us and the concerts drop on us, Id love to pursue getting new music to you, and you know we’ll always bring the old stuff with us, hopefully getting some new music over to you as well.

Puts up the legacy picture……. For tomorrow.. 7pm eastern…. can go to bestbuy.com or Best Buy talkshoplive channel.. garth’s bringing the guitar, it “makes it easier to talk”..

Goodbyes..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Like I have said all along either the album is not done or it sucks and he has held it back

Inside studio G, a little but of news.

There has been a slight delay with the album "Fun" but its coming and they have a date for it.

Oh he wasnt sure he was allowed to say this but he did.. Shallow sounds brilliant/awesome?

Triple Live will be released as a deluxe package and will be available at retail, that is coming also.

Next week studio G you can sign up and if your picked be part of the virtual audience. (just like the nba fan thing i think)

https://vye.live/garth
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 09-21-2020 at 07:46 PM.

What does deluxe package mean?

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    What does deluxe package mean?
    He said its the first time its been released by itself, Im guessing its released with all
    the extra songs.

Randa, I can answer more completely after I do the recap- will be doing that tomorrow.. (It's late and I'm wiped out tired right now).. but I think Brett's right, it has something to do likely with having the extra/added songs...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I wonder if their will be the xtra covers? I wouldn't mind a deluxe version special edition as well as the six covers. And does this mean that the deluxe edition will be limited? So many possibilities to speculate on. LOL. Does that mean we could see a 10th Diamond award with Triple Live? It's already sold at least 4 million already. If he does 1 million deluxe version that will add 3 million copies and if he does a million of the six covers, that would be at least 3 million more and a total of 10 million. And maybe more on later re-releasing. And what about a Triple Live/Fun bundle. I am just excited we will get new product. I really hope he does the six covers so us collectors can have fun collecting them. And will we have a vinyl version of both. Again, let the speculating begin. :-)

update: writeup will come later tonight- I got called to sub in classes all over building today and can't spend time transcribing.. first 5 min. roughly though- only about TY and the ACM's so nothings being missed there much...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Inside Studio G Recap for 9-21-2020 show

Inside Studio G Clocks in at 28m 38s this week

Talking about Trisha's birthday weekend, and it being her day..

Talking about TY performing on the ACM awards.. talking about the song she sang, and how he wanted it played at his funeral..

There's a music video for the song, it 'kills' him..

Sneak peak of the video

Ask Garth Questions

1. The queen nailed it at the ACM's. So after the Nancy O'dell interview, she mentioned a live companion album. Inquiring minds need to know what that's about!! DO PEOPLE EVEN WATCH INSIDE STUDIO G OR READ RECAPS OF IT?? I MEAN it's NOT LIKE GARTH'S MENTIONED A STANDALONE TRIPLE LIVE RELEASE BEFORE!!!

So we talked about this, um, we talked about you guys' input on this, Triple Live's going to come out in a deluxe form as well, when the FUN album comes here, The FUN album has been delayed EVER BIT SO SLIGHTLYalmost 2 years late but should be here on time. Can I tell you this, can I say Spoiler alert? Shallow came out AMAZING.. it kills me.. My part.. Meh.. But the queen.. Wooooo... she goes through the roof, it's beautiful, so yeah, triple live deluxe will be coming out, I think this might be the first time that Triple Live's ever been out on it's own. Actually, so it'll be hopefully available.... (Almost slipped and gave the time/date I think)... well, it'll be available everywhere that carries music, that wants to carry our music, but at the same time you can always get it at garthbrooks.com or wherever.

In your caption (for the show) there is a link... (garth mentions back to the future..).. Ok so next Monday people, get ready.. I think I saw the future, it's in a thing called VLA, (Virtual Live Audience), We're going to show you what VLA is next week. But there's al ink where you can sign up to be a part of this. This is going to be stupid, theres going to be a lot of trust, but I know I'm talking-to the right people right now, just get ready for what you're about to see, what you're about to be a part of, AND, what it's going to take for you to participate. I'm gonna work your a@@ off.. This is. going to be fun.. You've got a link, in order to sign up, right? We're randomly YEAH RIGHT IT'LL BE RANDOM going to pick people to be a part of this experiment, but we're going to change Inside Studio G, to Inside Studio G 360 when we do this. It is full of life, full of love, full of conversation, Right in real time... It's going to be a beautiful thing. As you can tell, I'm excited..

The 20 peeps from the press conference are automatically in if they sign in, and others will be randomly selected.... And it's so cool, it's what I HOPe the future of Inside Studio G is

Talks a bit about the Billboard awards on October 14th, where Garth will get the ICON award... (shows commercial)

Was supposed to be in March, but will be coming October 14th.

Kelly Clarkson is cool.. Trisha Yearwood is cool. Who's GIVING the Icon of the year award? The coolest of the coolest..

This is going to be one of those nights, where just standing next to this person, is gonna be .. there's the award right there.

2. Not a real question, but one person who got a poster on the Talkshoplive event

3. Not a real question, Harriet (with 1 T) talking about winning the trivia thing on Talk Shop Live and Garth talking about it - tells her 'history'

4. Guy on Talk Shop Live who said his wife began to date him due to Garth CD in his car. Garth said he owed him. 6 yrs of marriage (on 10/8), 5 yr ld boy 3 yr old girl. I owe you- Name it! Handshake? Double Date?

Talking about kids, no real question to answer

5. Wondering why you got a little emotional on the line "ain't no hickory trees" (from This Ain't Tennessee) when you sang it on Talk Shop Live? Des it mean more than just the song?

mentions Larry King talking about Garth's crowd knowing every word of every verse... and there being a date in things, etc....

Gets emotional because, as a songwriter, when you get to sing a song that's written unbelievable... this song's Larry Bastian.. he wrote unanswered prayers, along with Alger, he wrote Rodeo, um, nobody gets off in this town.... when you talk about funny songs..

"Ain't no hickory trees".. It just brought me right back to here. It's really uh, really just a well written song, that does it to me every time.

I'll tell you, there's nothing that heals a heart, like a great song.

6. What's your goto food, when you're watching football, or a movie?

What kind of Doritos man, you got to be specific.. there's spicy nachos, ranch nachos, regular nachos, there's nacho cheese, theres' SPICY nacho cheese.. That hot dog looked good..

7. (Video of girl from girl who asked about tattoo etc. from last week)..
    I'll send you the autograph that you can get tattooed.. you have to promise me you wait 6 months... 6 months from this date till you go do it.. that way you've thought about it.. ill send you that but you have to promise me to wait 6 months

8. What's the craziest fan experience you've ever had?

The craziest thing, I can't tell you- you're .. thats way too sweet to tel you what the craziest thing is.. so fun things, yeah, people have me autograph stuff like.. (mentions the FFA).. signed pigs, signed horses, signed cop cars.. and yes that thing you asked about that I can't tell you about? You sign that too..

9. 2019 and 2020 have been rough years of my life and recently had something traumatic happen to me. What activities do you do to keep your mind off things that are trying for you?

(talks about the guitar in his photo). Yeah ,that's it for me. Your guitar is sometimes your best friend. And just kinda get lost in that. It's also a slippery slope. Cause playing guitar when you're really, really down? You kind of go down that rabbit hole too, you start to play in the minors, you play in the darkness and the depths down there. I draw strength in God almighty and His son Jesus Christ, I'm the last guy that can say I'm a christian on this planet, I can't carry a christians' shoelaces, but I will tell you in my most traumatic times, those discussions, reading that book.. it's amazing, what it does for me..

10. When you leave the house, do you play any music for your dogs?

. They're the queen's dogs. For me? You're not going to like my answer, for me I was raised that dogs are farm tools, that's what you use them for, so they're out there on the farm with me, we drive in the same truck, we kind of eat the same lunch, ..

Garth's going to leave us with .. theres a thing called social dilemma. It'l educate you all on what we do on social media. Just watch it if you get the chance.. watch it.. it's good for all us, talks about the things that are going on. It's our choice to be on there, but it's also our choice what we get to do while we're on there.

Goodbyes...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread