+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    And I’m the guy who asked GB for All American Kid on triple live !!! Its going to be awesome to be able to tell people I chose a song for triple live deluxe !!!
    Well thank you! 'Cause I love that song!

In the USA, the best country in the world

Inside Studio G recap for 2-24-2020

Inside Studio G Recap 02-24-2020

ISG clocked in at 26m57s this week I hit my target time! I'd predicted between 25-28m..

Intro is the video from Detroit (looked like a good show)

- Garth knew the entry would take people back, but wasn't ready for it.. "I got my A$$ kicked " "I want a rematch".. (I won't keep track of how many times Garth said that during the show but man, it was a lot)

- the A## kicking continued into the housekeeping segment

- talks about how Detroit all knew the lyrics to the songs, and that's how you know country radio has your back. Uh Garth.... Not necessarily. There is more to music than the Radio. Not everyone relies on it, Garth. Step into the 21st century!

- honored ot wear the #20 jersey that night as he went into the OSU hall of fame with Barry Sanders and Robin Ventura

... The stage still appears to be on one end of the stadium, the main change is the shape of the stage/outlay/the entrance ...

Ask Garth's

AG

Jennifer (Omaha) (video)

No real question, just a reaction to the concert in Detroit.

when played calling Baton Rouge, thought every wind in Ford Field would blow out

thank you.

Talks about mom being most requested song in housekeeping, mentions someone had kept records of all the songs requested, and Mom was the most often requested song- don't always play it but it's always on signs.

- told the press to get ready for Calling Baton Rouge when played live..

AG

Becky (KC)
    No real question, just saying thank you for the show, and talks about singing When You Come Back To Me Again

- Garth is amazed at the number of children at the shows

Talks about a kid singing 2PC and how Garth's gonna go to hell in a candbasket as this kid knew every word and he's only what, maybe 5 or 6

AG

Teased a Garth exhibit in works, could you share some of the stage concepts, architecture, blueprints, as part of it?

Eh, no! All I can tell you is that so far, what the future has coming, it's cool. The gifts that you guys have given me, from gifts to milestones and history...... Have hung on to EVERYTHING

- reccommends bringing headphones for kids at shows, due to the noise of the music AND the noise of the crowd.

AG
    Brought her friend to the show, took her "Garth Virginity" (had garth embarrassed it seemed.)

AG
    The River - talked about it (the pic shown) and mentioned more about the song/show in Detroit...

AG
    Video of a young girl (Beech) trying to say Garth Brooks (she's maybe 18months old-2 years old). (She says it)

AG
    Kid talking about being at the Dive bar stop in Mass. and garth coming to Gillette Stadium

- has almost 4 million views on live version of Dive Bar video. People are finding themselves in the video. His favorite part of the live video are the crowd shots.

People are trying to decide- which version (official or live) is the better version? The LIVE version, Garth... easy question

AG
    Charles (our PG'er Charles I think!) - will Fun be released on Vinyl when it does come out? I love the way you said that Charles! "When it does come out... Will Triple Live be released on its own with additional cover art or songs?

Fun.... Might add another song, might not. It's kind of hard to put ballads on an album that's called Fun. Hoping this summer uh oh- not committing to release time totally put it out in a way you're not ready for. A way thats' going to be so much fun.

Vinyl? Not yet... Yes...... Maybe 5 of them... maybe not in Garth's lifetime? Don't know..

Triple Live - a "deluxe version". Got the last piece of it in Detroit with All American Kid
    (due to an Inside Studio G question being asked about including it)

AG
    Sammy - Georgia

are you going to be coming to Georgia on the Dive bar / stadium tour . Can't wait for Fun. I play a GB-7C .. can I trade it in on a Circle G one?

AG
    W/ extra verses, which is favorite to sing? FILP or TTR?

there's another one coming. Don't forget. The extra verse for Dive Bar is pretty funny, it's coming. Will happen on a magic night,. Hoping dive bar live verse will be impact like The Thunder Rolls was.

AG
    Do you get impatient waiting for the next stop on the tour?

YES. I wish I could do one every night, then start all over again

when will we get to see TY on ISG?

- talks with Hashtag about talking to her as she's been doing the cooking show (getting up at 5am every morning to tape it) - hashtag sees her more than Garth does.

- Next week will be in Washington DC for the Gershwin prize so may get her on then.

Cincy- sold out... Charlotte - Sold out- people from both cities were at Detroit show, saw the crowd....

Next announcement is probably within 10 days. It's 'Historic'. The stadium after that? 'Fricking Historic", the next two, just hang on to everything you've got the tour is picking up.

Next week will have an announcement about FB and 'loving one another'

Goodbyes
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Thanks for the writeup, Skywise.

no problem- didn't want to let it get too late to post things this time..

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Thanks for the writeup, Skywise.

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

It’s going to be awesome to See “All American kid” listed as a song on triple live deluxe because I simply asked for it on inside studio G. Also heck it was good to hear Garth talk about a stand alone release for triple live !!

I like when people ask good questions on there , we need more people to ask Garth good questions and not stuff like “what’s your favorite song to play live “

They’ll pick the questions when people post them !!!
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

It’s going to be awesome to See “All American kid” listed as a song on triple live deluxe because I simply asked for it on inside studio G. Also heck it was good to hear Garth talk about a stand alone release for triple live !!
    will def. be cool! I know I'm looking forward to hearing Much Too Young as that was def. done in Denver last summer..

I like when people ask good questions on there , we need more people to ask Garth good questions and not stuff like “what’s your favorite song to play live “

They’ll pick the questions when people post them !!!
    the only thing is can we out saturate the ask garth questions pool with GOOD questions rather than the softball "What's your favorite song to play live" type of question...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Also heck it was good to hear Garth talk about a stand alone release for triple live !!
    Well, IIRC he talked about a deluxe edition of Triple Live, but I don't think he said anything about it being a standalone release.

With Garth releases, you can't assume anything

Wednesday, he will have a Historical announcement, next week on studio G he will go through all that has happen. The second announcement (no date for that) will be historical historical.

When everything is historic and a big deal it kind of makes it all not a big deal. Tired of the hype machine.

Btw... with new of the terrible tornado in Nashville this morning, here's hoping that Garth & Trisha, his musicians and their families, his studio, and everyone and everything else connected with our guy are safe!

https://apnews.com/795688aab981d4e8220042c20e095b55
    Last edited by Emerald Isle; 03-03-2020 at 12:51 PM.

Amen to that...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Garth just posted this on his Facebook page, so it seems that at least he and Trisha are alright:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...27776603968442

Im guessing Inside Studio will be a very very long one, a lot to cover for Garth.

Also for the international people here, The USA has gone on to daylight saving, so it will be on a different time.

For example, it was on at 1pm New Zealand time, it will now be 12pm New Zealand time.

(sorry not been thinking too much garth wise honestly last couple of days.. my daughter's HS band suffered another loss as a 2nd student in 11 months took their own life.. we've been grieving as a band family..)

ISG..

my guess-

1- tornado talk (briefly)
    2- mentioning of how Nashville comes/came together
    3- Gershwin talk
    4- announce maybe next stadium past Las Vegas
    5- inane ask garths...

Brett, I like the idea of a lengthy one.. I'd say.... 28-31m....

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Ok, lemme look back on my prediction2

I got 4 out of 5!! (maybe 5 if you read between the lines of what Garth said tonight)

honestly... NOTHINg earth shattering came out of Inside studio G tonight, thus no detailed recap. The Ask Garths.. kinda inane, 1 or 2 good ones.. nothing earth shattering though.

mentioned the hats briefly- talked about difficulty in doing them online being since they are sized they cannot be returned.. (well heck Garth just share that up front on the ordering page and it's the person's fault if they get wrong size)

Inside Studio G clocked in at just over 32m, 32m11s to be exact..)

the only thing I didnt' get on my predictions was the next stadium date.. (nothing official.. but it's coming- I'd wager in the next week maybe.. also get a feeling there's at least 2 more shows between vegas showing Charlotte show.. (though again, I could be wrong..)

SO.... maybe a recap next week..... with more hopefully in the news category...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Yeah I would say next week he will announce the big one, gotta be the cowboys stadium right???

Yeah I would say next week he will announce the big one, gotta be the cowboys stadium right???
    I think Cowboys stadium, or LSU tigers stadium, or perhaps Fenway park, or the coliseum/Rose bowl.. but ehh- it's really anyone's guess

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I think there wont be a Inside studio G, and if so, it will be a short one, I don't think the May concerts will be cancelled, there certainly wont be any events before
    May.

I think there wont be a Inside studio G, and if so, it will be a short one, I don't think the May concerts will be cancelled, there certainly wont be any events before
    May.
    I'm fairly certain Garth will get questions about cancellations, if there is ISG on Monday. I agree, I think it'll be short if it happens. honestly, wouldn't surprise me to cancel it, but at the same point with all his his hype of coming together, loving one another ,etc.. it's also a perfect opportunity to support people as only he can.. really kinda. a crap shoot as to if it happens thoguh

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

ISG was about 26m this week but was very choppy for me feed wise. will recap later tonight

sounds like they are gonna have a live music segment of 30m next week on ISG, just garth and the guitar, and FANS PICK THE SETLIST.. Garth fans, get out there and request the GOOD songs to hear, not the same old stuff!!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    ISG was about 26m this week but was very choppy for me feed wise. will recap later tonight

sounds like they are gonna have a live music segment of 30m next week on ISG, just garth and the guitar, and FANS PICK THE SETLIST.. Garth fans, get out there and request the GOOD songs to hear, not the same old stuff!!
    Feed was choppy here too, hehe Im working on a set list!

Inside Studio G recap for 3-16-2020

26m31s tonight- video and audio are choppy….

Gonna be broadcast a bit delayed

Bee great couple of days showing the character of America

Only Garth and hashtag (and TY) are in studio for ISG

Practicing social distancing

Recapping the week

Vegas pre-sale..

Have no idea bout Charlotte and Cincy..

Dive bars have been put on hold..

Music is what people turn to when this happens..

Got to see snippets of Gershwin thing, broadcast on 3/29.. starting to see first pictures of it..

Dont know about schedule for FUN, but album is done (I think, it’s a point in ISG where audio and video hiccuped)

ASK GARTHS. (Only giving relevant questions/answers this time)

Would you ever put out the Ryman show on CD or In a package…

- sirius is doing concerts on one channel.. Ryman is on there…

(Plays snippet of whiskey to wine)

Ask Garth-

Maybe you could do some live broadcasts , Whitley from 10 feet away..

Garth decides to have next week - 30 min, him and guitar.. audience picks the playlist. He mentions covers and album cuts.. Dang, THIS is gonna be one to watch/record!

Plays a snippet of Keith Whitley..

Garth concert fueled by requests from all week, make a setlist..

Ask Garth-

Talking about hard luck woman - is there a story behind the song?

You’re a kid in Oklahoma, grew up on haggard and jones, people move in from detroit, come in with KISS music (rock n roll over, kiss alive, )

Somewhere in middle of growing up gonna find these 4 guys in full makeup, spitting fire, and their music is going to come into garth’s life…..

They knew garth was a big fan, and had the KISS my a@@ tribute album (in the 90s)..

Called and asked garth to be on it, he asked about any other country acts, and he was it..

Asked him what song, wanted to do Detroit rock city, they said “ehh no..”

Just anything but Beth.. , said ‘how about hard luck woman..’

Talks about having baby pictures in the studio.. mentions how gene Simmons is 6’6” and Paul Stanley has to be about 6’4’ ( [b[ Garth you are def. wrong there. I am about 6 ft even. I met Paul Stanley at a book signing about 6 years ago.. he was just about as tall as I am.. He is NOT 6’4” at all…unless he has the platform heels on[/b]

Telling stories about them backstage……

(Plays tiny snippet of hard luck woman)

Next week.

Not gonna be broadcast.. (after). prob. Not whole songs, prob. Snippets of songs…. If sirius is back up (musth ave been a problem) it’ll be there too, but if not, only on ISG..

Goodbyes

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Sounds like the Facebook live concert next week will be deleted once it is finished. Anyone able to record it? Pretty please? I'm in australia and it airs in the middle of my work day so won't be able to catch it!

Quote Originally Posted by parlevoo View Post
    Sounds like the Facebook live concert next week will be deleted once it is finished. Anyone able to record it? Pretty please? I'm in australia and it airs in the middle of my work day so won't be able to catch it!
    no guarantees..... attempts may be made ....

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

It should be available as a video from his page after the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    It should be available as a video from his page after the show.
    Thats' my question... I'm not quite sure it will, spud. the way he was talking made it sound like it wouldn't be available..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Correct; he said he'd play live, but it wouldn't be posted for replay. I'm sure rights/royalties have something to do with that.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Wow!!!! Going to delete it right after it airs....how pathetic. Let me guess someone will record it and somehow this will take money away from the songwriters. This is stuff garth does that just annoys and turns people off

+ Reply to Thread