+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Legacy Ranked

Legacy Ranked

On the Billboard album only chart, Legacy is ranked at #95 this week. Last week it was #47 and it debuted at #29. So it is selling some copies.

Besides theBillboard Top Album Sales ranking at #95, on the Top Current Album chart Legacy was #56 this week. It was #37 last week and debuted at #25. The other chart I saw Legacy on was the Top Independant Albums Chart.It is currently #12, was #9last week and debuted at #7. Will be interesting to see how it does after Black Friday.

On the Billboard, "VINYL" charts, Legacy is currently at no15.

That was the charts before Black Friday sales.

It will be interesting to see how it does on next weeks charts. With Christmas shoppers out, Black friday and Garth Week plus sales of the boxed set...I mean Dollar General had a great sale and so did Amazon. Will a&e doc do anything for sales?

In the USA, the best country in the world
    don't know about rankings, but I will admit- I came CLOSE to stopping by a dollar general while on vacation to see if they had an analog set... didn't want to spend $45 or so but thought about it- then my sister said she'd gotten rid of her record player.... so that made THAT decision easier..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Well we won't get Black Friday info until next week but on the latest rankings Legacy moved up on two charts. On top album he moved up to #94 from #95 last week. On Independent albums Legacy moved up to #10 from #12 last week. On top current albums Legacy moved up to #52 from #56 last week. I didn't see him on the vinyl chart but I could have missed it.Hopefully Black Friday sales and the A & E doc will spur sales.
    Last edited by gbkubfan; 12-04-2019 at 04:23 PM. Reason: added something

Legacy sells 6000K copies this week!!

Legacy is ranked on six charts this week. On the Top 200 albums Legacy is #162 after not being on last weeks chart. On Independent albums Legacy is #3 rising from #10. Legacy also makes Vinyl chart at #8 after not being on last weeks chart. On Top Current albums Legacy is #12 rising from #52 and on Top albums Legacy is #20 rising from #94 last week. Black Friday helped the boxed set. Maybe the Christmas buying season will help it keep selling.

Legacy continues to be ranked but not like the 90's. On the Top 200 chart Legacy moved up to #149 from #162 in its second week on this chart. On the vinyl album chart, Legacy moved up to #4 from #8. On the Independent Album chart Legacy stayed at #3. On Top Current Album chart, Legacy moved up to #10 from #12 and on the Top album chart, Legacy moved up to #15 from #20. Great that he keeps moving up the various charts especially the Top 200 which is all forms of albums. Independent is good and the higher priced boxed set is competing well after Black Friday. It seems to have legs. With crunch time approaching and then after Christmas sales, Garth will hopefully stay on the charts and Christmas albums will retire for the year.

Here are the latest chart positions for Legacy. Remember these are the charts (except Top 200) that show how many albums were sold physically. On the Top 200 Legacy dropped to #188 from #144. On Top Albums Legacy dropped to #28 from #15. On Top Current Album Legacy dropped to #17 from #10. Legacy stayed at #3 on the Independent Chart. On the Top Vinyl Albums Legacy dropped four spots to #8 from #4. He dropped om almost every chart it showed up on but he is still selling and still ranked. Lets see how last minute Christmas buys went and last minute sale prices help it next week.

On the Roughstock data, Legacy is #3 with 17,000 sold as of Dec.11. Here what they said: "The post-Thanksgiving sales rush is on as Black Friday (a new sales week on these charts) data is in and it showcases a string of albums (including a Tim McGraw best-of Vinyl/Digital only collection which features hits from Curb AND his Big Machine years). Garth Brooks' vinyl collection "The Legacy Collection" bundle jumps to #3 with sales of 7k. the collection includes his CDs too. It sits in the Top 10 of the Vinyl sales chart too." Trishas album wasn't in Top 15 but has sold 29,000 copies.

So with the 17,00 and the pre-orders Legacy is over 100,000 in sales. Not bad for a boxed set. I wonder when the figures will be released? Will be interesting to see RIAA numbers. It will also be interesting when they release Sound Scan numbers to see where Garth is.

Here are the latest ranking on the Billboard charts. I missed a couple weeks of Legacy charting on the country charts. On the country charts Legacy dropped to #27 from #20 last week on Top Country Albums. On Top Country Album Sales Legacy has to rankings for Legacy. The set is ranked #5 dropping from #4 and the second entry #43 from #37. On the Top Albums Legacy drops from #40 from #28. On Top Current Albums Legacy drops 3 spots from #17 to #20. On Independent Albums it stayed at #3. On Top Vinyl Albums Legacy was ranked #15 from #8. On other album rankings, Christmas Together was ranked #37 moving up from #49 on the Top Country chart. So a pretty busy week for Garth on the charts. Will be interesting to see how the Legacy set does once the Christmas albums disappear from the rankings.

HNY to all!

Has anybody found places blowing out Legacy yet? I got a nice little bonus this year and would like to buy a copy but to a price point closer to $30.

I guess I will start with good news first. On the Roughstock chart, Legacy is at #7 with 7,000 sold bringing its total sold to 42,200 copies. Added with the pre-sale that puts it over 120,000+ if I am not mistaken. Not bad for a boxed set.
    On Billboard the latest chart rankings are ok. Legacy didn't show up on top country albums but I could have missed it with my old eyes. On top country album sales, it ranked #7 dropping 2 spots from last week.
    On the Topp 200 I didn't see it but on Top Album Sales Legacy dropped to #66 from #40. On Independent Albums, Legacy dropped to #9 from #3 and on Top Vinyl Album, Legacy only dropped one spot from #15 to #16.
    So Legacy is still showing some life on the charts. If sales drop maybe we will see a drop/sales price and chart movement. I am checking my Barnes and Noble next Monday.
    Garth should look into shipping some copies to the record stores to see if people might pick it up their. If only 500,000 made he still has 370,000 or so to sell.
    Maybe we will also get an RIAA update before his birthday. With the 500,000 x 14 albums, the Christmas Together, The Chase 25th anniversary, In Pieces etc, could be close to 200 Million and a couple more Diamond Awards.

Thanks for the update.

No problem. Ijust wish it was doing better. Not that it it bad, especially a higher priced box set. I see Eagles are releasing another boxed set that includes all the studio albums. I bought the numbered set a few years ago. Wonder how sales will do on that set and how it helps Greatest Hits surge higher than Thriller. :-)

+ Reply to Thread