+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth hints at the return of Chris Gaines

Garth hints at the return of Chris Gaines

Check out the last paragraph of the article:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ent...ar/4226820002/

If Garth is truly serious about revisiting the character, this is what I'd like to see done: Adapt the unproduced THE LAMB script as a miniseries for Amazon. (Garth already has a partnership with Amazon, so it's possible.) Cast some young up & comer to play the character (hell, if you really want to get people talking, flip the character's race and cast Donald Glover!). This way, the project and its fans gets some closure, and you don't have to worry about a potential movie being a box office flop. If done right in a miniseries type format, the project could definitely find a niche audience on a platform like Amazon.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by coco1997 View Post

If Garth is truly serious about revisiting the character, this is what I'd like to see done: Adapt the unproduced THE LAMB script as a miniseries for Amazon. (Garth already has a partnership with Amazon, so it's possible.) Cast some young up & comer to play the character (hell, if you really want to get people talking, flip the character's race and cast Donald Glover!). This way, the project and its fans gets some closure, and you don't have to worry about a potential movie being a box office flop. If done right in a miniseries type format, the project could definitely find a niche audience on a platform like Amazon.
    "He also isn’t finished with it. Brooks said: “The Gaines project isn’t done.”" from the article........

Honestly? I would hope he isn't short sighted enough to go back to it. 2 million + Cd's may have been bought.... those were not bought largely due to it being CHRIS GAINES... They were bought on the Garth Brooks name.. (remember the album is "Garth Brooks....... In the Life of Chris Gaines...." ). it's Garth..... that's why it sold...

If Garth wants to be a bit of a laughingstock IMO, then by all means go back to it... (meaning the character the movie etc. the MUSIC? It was great ,and could be adapted I think fairly easily..)

If anything, a mini series or cable/straight to DVD level movie would be better.

From this week's inside studio G (about 5 minutes in).. he mentions (paraphrase) "they cover everything. I wanted to skip past the Chris Gaines thing but it's in there".. Garth didn't seem to want it to be there... Hopefully he leaves it in the past, minus some of the music. the character? the movie? let it go (to quote Frozen)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Im still waiting for someone to tell me, (cant find it anywhere) if the original Draft script was Chris Gaines gets murdered backstage at the Grammy's. Im so sure, I read this in 1996/97 even
    before Chris Gaines album was released in 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    "He also isn�t finished with it. Brooks said: �The Gaines project isn�t done.�" from the article........

Honestly? I would hope he isn't short sighted enough to go back to it. 2 million + Cd's may have been bought.... those were not bought largely due to it being CHRIS GAINES... They were bought on the Garth Brooks name.. (remember the album is "Garth Brooks....... In the Life of Chris Gaines...." ). it's Garth..... that's why it sold...

If Garth wants to be a bit of a laughingstock IMO, then by all means go back to it... (meaning the character the movie etc. the MUSIC? It was great ,and could be adapted I think fairly easily..)

If anything, a mini series or cable/straight to DVD level movie would be better.

From this week's inside studio G (about 5 minutes in).. he mentions (paraphrase) "they cover everything. I wanted to skip past the Chris Gaines thing but it's in there".. Garth didn't seem to want it to be there... Hopefully he leaves it in the past, minus some of the music. the character? the movie? let it go (to quote Frozen)
    Yeah, Garth seems to be all over the place these days when hes asked about the Chris Gaines project. In one interview he makes it seem like he has no interest in even talking about the project and then in another interview he goes out of his way to state that we havent seen the last of the character.

One thing is for sure though, I do believe Garth when he says he is proud of the music itself, as he should be. It is pretty clear however that hes somewhat embarrassed when it comes to talking about the concept itself and the movie that never happened.
    Last edited by coco1997; 11-20-2019 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coco1997 View Post

This would be a good way to do it. And I love the Donald Glover idea!!

Maybe he ment that the chris gaines project is not done due to the anthology part 2, where he has other songs that could have been on that album. Like that one song that was for the behind the music mockumentary.i always wanted that song.
    I also love the idea of making the movie with like donald glover
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

Garth didn't shy away from Chris Gaines on Jimmy Kimmel last night. He gets several mentions of it on Studio G and there is that podcast dedicated to it. Maybe it'll encourage him to put out any unreleased Chris Gaines music. I think he has nothing to lose now. Just look how he is welcomed when he makes his media rounds every year for whatever project he is releasing. The crowd on Jimmy Kimmel was like one I've never seen for one of his guest. Totally awesome!

+ Reply to Thread