+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eric Church

Eric Church

'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

I'm not surprised he seems like a POS.

WOW!!!! What a pathetic POS he is

Garth is one of the top five artist in the history of country music and Eric church is a a guy with a few decent songs. The people who vote for the awards are going to see him crying twice now and taking jabs. We know Garth is hot and fired up over this and will take the high toad but how great would it be if he tore Eric church a new one.

Eric Church is a tool....

This POS has a video out now that has a sign saying Garth who?

Boy the guy needs to let it go. Could he be trying to manufactured a rivalry with Garth for publicity, or is he just a dick. I dont think Garths going to bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Boy the guy needs to let it go. Could he be trying to manufactured a rivalry with Garth for publicity, or is he just a dick. I dont think Garths going to bite.
    You're right Garth is not going to bite just like he didn't with Miranda Lambert. I do think he's doing it for publicity.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    If Garth's smart he'll ignore it..

Eric church- yeah spud your'e right- he's a tool.. jealous and bitter....
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    If Garth's smart he'll ignore it..

Eric church- yeah spud your'e right- he's a tool.. jealous and bitter....
    yes 100%, Garth wont give Eric a mention.

'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

The Dance will still be sung in 50 years time. If someone searches for
    Eric Church in 50 years time on google, a pic of a giant douche will come up.

When in his thirty year career has Garth Brooks ever criticizes another artist?

Other artists should learn from that.

I only feel sorry for him. Because in stead of being happy for Garth (which is a good feeling), seems to be feeling jealousy (which is a bad feeling). On the other hand... maybe he was just amusing his fans with the change of lines. Because THEY were very disappointed and wanted him to win. It can all just show. Who knows?!
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

I wonder what he will say if he doesn't get a Grammy in the categories he is named in?"

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I wonder what he will say if he doesn't get a Grammy in the categories he is named in?"
    lol I kinda thought about that too.. briefly... then decided eh... it's the artsy Grammies- he'll prob. win..

I'd like to see Ashley McBryde win for her nomination

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

lol I kinda thought about that too.. briefly... then decided eh... it's the artsy Grammies- he'll prob. win..

I'd like to see Ashley McBryde win for her nomination
    Grammys usually go for more lesser known artists I think. So she has a big chance at winning. Hope she does. :-)

I hope she does- it's a great song (girl going nowhere)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Grammys usually go for more lesser known artists I think. So she has a big chance at winning. Hope she does. :-)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Be amazing if she wins, as everybody has said "Girl going nowhere" is fantastic.

Eric Church needs to be served the ultimate punishment in two words...Dixie Chicks

lol if you mean what happened to their country careers, ok. . if you mean being forced to be next to and interact w/ the twits... (the Ditzy Twits).. man- I dont' know if I'd even be that mean to him...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

lol if you mean what happened to their country careers, ok. . if you mean being forced to be next to and interact w/ the twits... (the Ditzy Twits).. man- I dont' know if I'd even be that mean to him...
    The former, but "I don't know if I'd even be that mean to him..." I thought that was in reference to me saying that he should be blacklisted.

hehe not at all- just that I don't like the Twits, and wouldn't really wish hanging out for a prolonged time with them on any artist.. a few good songs, and their actions ruined what could have been a phenomenal song's run too... IMO (I know some like em)

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    The former, but "I don't know if I'd even be that mean to him..." I thought that was in reference to me saying that he should be blacklisted.

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

hehe not at all- just that I don't like the Twits, and wouldn't really wish hanging out for a prolonged time with them on any artist.. a few good songs, and their actions ruined what could have been a phenomenal song's run too... IMO (I know some like em)
    I loved the dixie chicks music. Thought it weas horrible what happen to them. They made one comment about George W Bush, and got burned for it.

There was no doubt the backlash was lead by "Clear Communications" because they were big supporters of Bush.

Its kinda funny, everybody said, it was because they bagged their president in an overseas country.

I think it was more sinister than that, with the powers to be , (country radio) wanting to teach the big bad wimmin a lesson.

Yet when Johnny Cash came to New Zealand in 1991 with the highway men, he was ripping into George H Bush tearing him to shreds.

And then there is always Marcus Lush's (NewZealand Interviewer) interview with Garth Brooks, who made in no uncertain terms what his
    political views were, and what party he was with. He came straight out and said it.

What Im trying to say is, say if it was Reba McEntire saying she was ashamed of Bill Clinton, in a concert in London, there wouldnt be a backlash.

The backlash was led by certain groups.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 11-20-2019 at 06:53 PM.

I hate to tell you but fake news is responsible for a lot of double standards in this country. It would be great if we treated all news the same but they donít.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    I loved the dixie chicks music. Thought it weas horrible what happen to them. They made one comment about George W Bush, and got burned for it.

There was no doubt the backlash was lead by "Clear Communications" because they were big supporters of Bush.

Its kinda funny, everybody said, it was because they bagged their president in an overseas country.

I think it was more sinister than that, with the powers to be , (country radio) wanting to teach the big bad wimmin a lesson.

Yet when Johnny Cash came to New Zealand in 1991 with the highway men, he was ripping into George H Bush tearing him to shreds.

And then there is always Marcus Lush's (NewZealand Interviewer) interview with Garth Brooks, who made in no uncertain terms what his
    political views were, and what party he was with. He came straight out and said it.

What Im trying to say is, say if it was Reba McEntire saying she was ashamed of Bill Clinton, in a concert in London, there wouldnt be a backlash.

The backlash was led by certain groups.
    Not gonna get too much into a back and forth on the Ditzy Twits.. That ship sailed a long time ago like their viability in country music.. However it wasn't just the short sighted and Frankly disrespectful comments about the president (and hell, if Gore had been president and they had done the same thing I'd have been just as irked at them thank you to anyone on the left who would say that it's because of W... respect the office and don't slam your own country... despite not liking the commander in chief..)

there was the childish spat with Toby Keith over Courtesy of the Red White and Blue... Natalie Maines' immature 'FUTK' shirt... please..

They took a big #2 in the middle of their core audience expecting them to be ok with it.. They bit the hand they feeds them and paid the price.. so be it. . In the aftermath they lost the song 'Travelin Soldier' In their storm... and killed it- sad... it was a great song..

The woman vs man thing is a card not even needing to be played- had nothing to do with it.. had Reba (she has too much class to have done it) said something like it? something about BC? She may very well have gotten grief about it- prob. not as much as a large portion of country audiences (at least it would seem, and back then esp..) trend conservative.. (not nec. Republican but conservative)..

Crapping on your core audience- never smart!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I have no issue with any artist from any country, bagging their President/Prime Minister in an overseas country.

I dont think its that big of a deal.

Yes I remember the Toby Keith thing now.

Is it fair to say, that a lot of the dixie chicks fans, werent the usual demographic of a country fan?

I remember the live video for goodbye earl, they had a lot of like teenage girls in the audience?

Not gonna get too much into a back and forth on the Ditzy Twits.. That ship sailed a long time ago like their viability in country music.. However it wasn't just the short sighted and Frankly disrespectful comments about the president (and hell, if Gore had been president and they had done the same thing I'd have been just as irked at them thank you to anyone on the left who would say that it's because of W... respect the office and don't slam your own country... despite not liking the commander in chief..)

there was the childish spat with Toby Keith over Courtesy of the Red White and Blue... Natalie Maines' immature 'FUTK' shirt... please..

They took a big #2 in the middle of their core audience expecting them to be ok with it.. They bit the hand they feeds them and paid the price.. so be it. . In the aftermath they lost the song 'Travelin Soldier' In their storm... and killed it- sad... it was a great song..

The woman vs man thing is a card not even needing to be played- had nothing to do with it.. had Reba (she has too much class to have done it) said something like it? something about BC? She may very well have gotten grief about it- prob. not as much as a large portion of country audiences (at least it would seem, and back then esp..) trend conservative.. (not nec. Republican but conservative)..

Crapping on your core audience- never smart!
    Dont want to get into an argument, but in one line you called Main'es teeshirt, "Immature"

Yet two lines before that you called them the "Ditzy Twits"

Just thought that was kinda funny.

I also think, "Not ready to make nice" is a hell of a song.

Since apparently some feel the need to discuss politics, and make up funny names, it bears mentioning that history has proven that the Dixie Chicks were 100% correct.

I'm proud that despite the hit they took, they've continued to stand beside one another, and state that they would do it all over again. Sometimes you have to stand up for the Truth, even though some would prefer to stick fingers in their ears and cry "Fake News!"

Given current events, there's no surprise that even with time, some things never change.

I liked the Dixie chicks but quit listening after their comments about our president. I am a pure conservative republican, I did not vote for Obama but I respected him as our president. The chicks did a concert in Nashville with a picture of President Trump up with horns on. Itís just too much disrespect for me and I will never play their songs again.
    They destroyed their career hope it was worth it.

I liked the Dixie chicks but quit listening after their comments about our president. I am a pure conservative republican, I did not vote for Obama but I respected him as our president. The chicks did a concert in Nashville with a picture of President Trump up with horns on. Itís just too much disrespect for me and I will never play their songs again.
    They destroyed their career hope it was worth it.

+ Reply to Thread