+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 55 of 55

Thread: Eric Church

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    I have no issue with any artist from any country, bagging their President/Prime Minister in an overseas country.

    I dont think its that big of a deal.

    Yes I remember the Toby Keith thing now.

    Is it fair to say, that a lot of the dixie chicks fans, werent the usual demographic of a country fan?

    I remember the live video for goodbye earl, they had a lot of like teenage girls in the audience?
    I'd wager the majority of the country music fanbase/radio, etc. felt differently..

    for me it wasn't about the person in the office it was about the disrespect of the office..

    I will say this much (so it's out there....) I think that those who were burning/destroying their CD's were stupid... not how I would have handled it..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Dont want to get into an argument, but in one line you called Main'es teeshirt, "Immature"

    Yet two lines before that you called them the "Ditzy Twits"

    Just thought that was kinda funny.
    I believe my exact phrase was "too much of a back and forth"... that's different than an argument.... (but yes that's semantics and nitpicking, I know)

    I've called them the ditzy twits for heck, close to 15 years I think... that's nothing new. . it's not inciting an argument... it's an opinion nothing more- you don't have to share it, that's fine..)
    ditto w/ the immature comments .. yep I said that- Feld that way then, I feel that way now..Others don't and thats ok too.. (lol funny thing is, I'd have been a lot more argumentative and vocal about it in the past I think... it's just not that big a deal anymore)

    I also think, "Not ready to make nice" is a hell of a song.
    last song I listened to by them (well, buy Emily Robison's husband, they just sang it) was traveling soldier.. I know the name of the song, never listened -won't judge it
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,820
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    Since apparently some feel the need to discuss politics, and make up funny names, it bears mentioning that history has proven that the Dixie Chicks were 100% correct.

    I'm proud that despite the hit they took, they've continued to stand beside one another, and state that they would do it all over again. Sometimes you have to stand up for the Truth, even though some would prefer to stick fingers in their ears and cry "Fake News!"

    Given current events, there's no surprise that even with time, some things never change.


    ok I had to laugh at that one.
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    They destroyed their career hope it was worth it.
    I wouldn't say they destroyed their career. I saw them at their last tour in Irvine, CA, and the 19K amphitheatre was sold out. They certainly damaged their career, and it's really impossible to know whether they would have split and gone on to have separate careers, as Natalie indicated she always wanted to pursue a solo career, which she did.

    But they lost the Conservative Republican segment of their fanbase, many forever, but judging by their statements since, and of course the "Nice" song, they have no regrets.

    I don't see Kid Rock or Ted Nugent or Sammy Hagar afraid of attacking Mr. Obama, and praising Donald, so they have every right to take sides as well.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,820
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    I wouldn't say they destroyed their career. I saw them at their last tour in Irvine, CA, and the 19K amphitheatre was sold out. They certainly damaged their career, and it's really impossible to know whether they would have split and gone on to have separate careers, as Natalie indicated she always wanted to pursue a solo career, which she did.

    But they lost the Conservative Republican segment of their fanbase, many forever, but judging by their statements since, and of course the "Nice" song, they have no regrets.

    I don't see Kid Rock or Ted Nugent or Sammy Hagar afraid of attacking Mr. Obama, and praising Donald, so they have every right to take sides as well.
    They absolutely have every right to take sides.. to say what they want (after all, people have died for them to have that freedom...) and those who don't agree with it have the same right to voice their opinions/feelings about it.

    don't listen to kid Rock or Sammy Hagar or Ted nugent myself (though not a republican..). I did hear Nugent opening for KISS in 2000.. kinda boring IMO)..


    I will proudly say I'm a conservative though.. .. some will have stereotypes/preconceptions about even that statement... but that's for another thread
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    I believe my exact phrase was "too much of a back and forth"... that's different than an argument.... (but yes that's semantics and nitpicking, I know)

    I've called them the ditzy twits for heck, close to 15 years I think... that's nothing new. . it's not inciting an argument... it's an opinion nothing more- you don't have to share it, that's fine..)
    ditto w/ the immature comments .. yep I said that- Feld that way then, I feel that way now..Others don't and thats ok too.. (lol funny thing is, I'd have been a lot more argumentative and vocal about it in the past I think... it's just not that big a deal anymore)


    last song I listened to by them (well, buy Emily Robison's husband, they just sang it) was traveling soldier.. I know the name of the song, never listened -won't judge it
    Oh sorry, I wasnt suggesting you were wanting an argument or starting one.

    I was saying, I didnt want to cause an argument, by bringing up you calling the Dixie Chicks teeshirt was Immature, but also calling them the "Ditzy Twits"

    I just thought that was funny, but I know 100% you weren't trying to argue.

    Ya are though missing one hell of a song in "Not ready to make nice"

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Oh sorry, I wasnt suggesting you were wanting an argument or starting one.

    I was saying, I didnt want to cause an argument, by bringing up you calling the Dixie Chicks teeshirt was Immature, but also calling them the "Ditzy Twits"

    I just thought that was funny, but I know 100% you weren't trying to argue.

    Ya are though missing one hell of a song in "Not ready to make nice"
    No problem Brett! No harm no foul!!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Beautiful Oregon..
    Posts
    5,009
    and look at Toby's career now......

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,820
    True but I’d wager he’s be more welcome in country music again than they would
    But then again he had some poor song post courtesy of red white and blue era imo
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Beautiful Oregon..
    Posts
    5,009
    Weren't the Chicks (or at least Natalie) at the CMA's? Didn't see Toby..

  11. #41
    I think Toby Keith stopped going the CMA's several years ago. To say Eric Church should have his career ruined for the comment is absolutely ludicrous.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,820
    https://theboot.com/toby-keith-doesn...he-cma-awards/

    Toby Keith is a big player in country music, but you won't find him at the CMA Awards -- and it's by choice.

    Keith took home Music Video of the Year in 2012 and 2005, and Male Vocalist of the Year in 2001, but for the past decade-plus, the singer-songwriter has not attended Country Music's Biggest Night.

    “I just, years ago, decided that it wasn’t my bag,” Keith tells Taste of Country Nights. “I think in three years, I had 24 nominations. I was 0 for 24, and I went, ‘I can’t beat the politics of this deal.'

    "I was a No. 1 ticket seller, a No. 1 album seller, and I spent 51 weeks at No. 1 on Billboard in a four-year span, and I went 0 for 24?" he adds. "I was like, ‘This isn’t worth my time.'"

    Keith is not nominated at the upcoming 2019 CMA Awards. His last CMAs nomination came in 2012, when he won Music Video of of the Year, for "Red Solo Cup."

    .....

    he has a some good songs, and a bit of a sore loser streak...
    Last edited by Skywise; 11-21-2019 at 01:16 AM.
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    and look at Toby's career now......
    yeah...

    touring - 3 current shows listed on the 'that's country bro' tour.. (could have been from last June so it's possible tour is over)

    new greatest hits album out as of October (greatest hits- the show dog years)

    raising money for kids

    on the voice finale in may as a duet..

    24 albums showing in discography

    owns line of restaurants

    owns mezcal line

    Id say he's doing ok overall....
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Ossipee, NH
    Posts
    480
    I loved courtesy of the red white and blue.
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

  15. #45
    I think Toby done very well for himself. He tours when he wants and owns his own label.

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Posts
    325
    I agree with his choice to quit going to the awards. The awards shows have their favorites and seems like if you donít fit in they shun you. Dierks Bentley has put out great albums and songs for 20 years and got screwed over. Jon pardi is another.

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,820
    Exactly the type of Garth response I would have expected

    https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/g...rvKUiY7jll8gbQ
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  18. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    yeah...

    touring - 3 current shows listed on the 'that's country bro' tour.. (could have been from last June so it's possible tour is over)

    new greatest hits album out as of October (greatest hits- the show dog years)

    raising money for kids

    on the voice finale in may as a duet..

    24 albums showing in discography

    owns line of restaurants

    owns mezcal line

    Id say he's doing ok overall....
    Actually his restaurants ending up shutting down because apparently his co-founder had mob ties and was owed heavy debts.

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,820
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    Actually his restaurants ending up shutting down because apparently his co-founder had mob ties and was owed heavy debts.
    I know this is kinda semantics, but they're not closed- not totally

    https://tobykeithsbar.com/locations/

    re: the mob ties- apparently one of them did due to that at least.. regardless, that's just one small part of his 'footprint' I'd say..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    599
    I for one, can't name a single Eric Church song. Not one. Zero. Zilch.

    And I spend a fair amount of time each and every week listening to country music.

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,820
    Quote Originally Posted by gbfevernorway View Post
    I for one, can't name a single Eric Church song. Not one. Zero. Zilch.

    And I spend a fair amount of time each and every week listening to country music.
    lol I think I could probably name 1 or 2 offhand... I could pick him out of a lineup though...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Fayetteville, Arkansas
    Posts
    928
    I'll say this, Eric Church is a talented guy. I like alot of his music and he's really good live.

    I do think he's just playing this whole Entertainer of the year snub up for what he feels is his fan base. I'm sure there are alot of people who are fans of Garth and Eric.

    Just like the quotes from GB about this whole Eric Church thing are saying, if Garth didn't win I'm sure you'd see signs that say something like "You're our Entertainer of the year" or "Entertainer of a Lifetime "

    I think all of the nominees were deserving of the award!
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

  23. #53
    Thinking about it now, the reason why I brought up the Dixie Chicks on EC is because there's an underlying problem here. History has showed us that things can easily be escalated, and for the record I'm not the one doing the escalating, but what if some crazed fan were to send a death threat to Garth? (and vice versa but at least we know better) That would not look good on both parties. Now I will admit that maybe my Dixie Chicks comment was a death threat, but not in the literal sense, I'm just saying that if he were to never be played by any other radio station again I wouldn't care.

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Posts
    325
    I understand the Eric church fans being mad their guy lost. However Garth won an award he did not campaign for and had no control over. What I have seen on social media is disgusting. Itís one thing to say hey church did more shows or is better in concert but that is not what I saw. I saw people attacking Garth calling him names and calling him a has been and trying to take away his accomplishments. I also see church lowering himself to taking shots at Garth and it is disgraceful. Two years ago he threw a baby fit when Garth won and seems like he learned nothing. I would never teach my kids to act like that. I hope he never wins the award because if he does it would feel like his behavior is being rewarded.

  25. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    Thinking about it now, the reason why I brought up the Dixie Chicks on EC is because there's an underlying problem here. History has showed us that things can easily be escalated, and for the record I'm not the one doing the escalating, but what if some crazed fan were to send a death threat to Garth? (and vice versa but at least we know better) That would not look good on both parties. Now I will admit that maybe my Dixie Chicks comment was a death threat, but not in the literal sense, I'm just saying that if he were to never be played by any other radio station again I wouldn't care.
    I see your point. It's like the Scooter Braun and Taylor Swift situation. Braun is getting death threats and asking Swift to call of the cavalry which so far she's refusing to do so. It's easy to track the people making the threats. Since those people think it's clever, let's see if they were being so clever in a jail cell.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts