+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WILL EOY Award Help Sales????

WILL EOY Award Help Sales????

I was reading a story at HDD about sales of music based on last nights show. No Garth because he doesn't do Itunes or any other service (except Amazon). But am still curious if it will help Legacy or any of his catalog because of his exposure on the CMA's. It would be cool if he could get a spike. Or release the pre order numbers. Luke Combs is predicted to be #1 with his new album but I'd like to see Garth up there.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    If the performance is any indicator, I'd wager It won't do much- you could barely make out Garth's voice at the start. seemed to be a rather big glitch.. . (at least as I was watching it- maybe it wasn't as bad as it sounded)

I will say that the awards spurred me to find a copy of Maren Morris', Kelsea ballerina, and Dierks Bentley's albums (already had Luke Combs..). Also Miranda Lamberts latest.. (maybe I have to listen to it a few times then it'll fade in interest but her performance wasn't too bad IMO last night)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    If the performance is any indicator, I'd wager It won't do much- you could barely make out Garth's voice at the start. seemed to be a rather big glitch.. . (at least as I was watching it- maybe it wasn't as bad as it sounded)

I will say that the awards spurred me to find a copy of Maren Morris', Kelsea ballerina, and Dierks Bentley's albums (already had Luke Combs..). Also Miranda Lamberts latest.. (maybe I have to listen to it a few times then it'll fade in interest but her performance wasn't too bad IMO last night)
    It seemed the sound start going out when Dolly was performing. I could hear it again when Dierks Bentley was performing too.

There were a lot of contemporary artists who had no part in last night. I wonder if Garth will be seen as the old guard and not someone you would go out and buy because he's becoming a dinosaur in a sense. Unless he knocks it out of the ball park again with a song like More Than A Memory on Fun.

We will have to wait till next week to see if THE CMA's helps, Legacy has dropped out of HDD top albums. The 50th album has sales of around 1800 for the week.

+ Reply to Thread