+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: EOY Again!

I can't tell you the last time I listened to country radio, it's just no my cup of tea. If we're all going to be honest, the "popping" or it bringing in rock elements started with a certain that we all love I remember in the 90's people though Garth was bastardizing country music. I remember Waylon, Willie and Hank Jr. having a fit.

EOY to me has always been a touring award.

Boy the Carrie fans arent letting this go on social media.

From the CMA site, this is the definition of the EOY Award : “This Award goes to the artist. The Award is for the act displaying the greatest competence in all aspects of the entertainment field. Voter should give consideration not only to recorded performance, but also to the in-person performance, staging, public acceptance, attitude, leadership, and overall contribution to the Country Music image.”

Garth knows how to win this award. It’s not just touring, although it is a huge part of it now just as the SavingCountry article stated, it’s everything Garth packages with it. Think about it, no other artist has the weekly show, think of the staging of his concerts, podcast interviews, the Dive Bar tour keeps in in the “smaller” markets, Garth Channel on Sirius, The Jimmy Carter Foundation, Ellen, Good Morning America, Dive Bar video with 25 million views and probably more that I can’t think of off the top of my head...if you think about it, this dude is and was everywhere.

AND I didn’t mention the constant teasing of FUN, LEGACY or the rest of the ANTHOLOGY. Some of you may see vinyl as a niche but the fact the his vinyl is moving so much is no little feat and it will factor into next year’s nominations as well. Garth doesn’t need to release music to win this award, he knows it. The promise of an album and the releases of a single every three months keeps him eligible in the category which I think is Garth’s sole purpose right now. Win as many as these as he can and further cement his legacy. It’s feasible he could win two more of these before the CMA’s decide to make him ineligible.

I think Garth knows the definition of this award by heart and gears everything around winning it. Carrie fans can be pissed, but there is no other artist on this guy’s level. It’s gonna he hard NOT to give it to him next year because the stadiums will still be going. He’ll do a Dive-Bar 2.0, FUN will see him everywhere again as will Legacy 2 and the A&E doc will most likely play numerous times in the year racking up huge ratings each time.

In my opinion, the whole comeback has been geared towards winning these awards. He’s won the last three out of four. I think he figured it out when he won it in ‘98 based solely off the World Tour and the mold was cemented with last year’s win. When you look how things are laid out, he hits every point of that CMA paragraph every year. I see why Carrie fans are pissed but I just don’t see how the CMA’s could have not given it to Garth.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Boy the Carrie fans arent letting this go on social media.
    Social media isn't a good gauge for anything. You're better off not paying attention to it. It's just the silent minority who like to complain when things don't go the way they want it to.
    Last edited by wimpy77; 11-17-2019 at 01:29 PM.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    Social media isn't a good gauge for anything. You're better off not paying attention to it. It's just the silent minority who like to complain when things don't go the way they want it to.
    well said!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I am happy for Garth.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Y'all do realize that if we harp on it in our own ways (and at least one of us (at least with a name I recognized in the comments of one article) we're giving it (and. Church or any other group of people) their 'moment in the sun' as it were? lending credence to the story.... let it lie honestly IMO- It's not worth retting riled up over. If you like Garth you like Garth- if you like Church you like Church- if one's a tool one's a tool. if one's a dinosaur one's a dinosaur. there are reasons that support both sides (at least to their fans)...

kinda does show though that there's def. a bit of an anti garth 'bias' or 'wave' or 'segment' of the country music fandom.. maybe he'll be a bit more open to adapting after the backlash.. (ehh who are we kidding- of course he won't.. )

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Y'all do realize that if we harp on it in our own ways (and at least one of us (at least with a name I recognized in the comments of one article) we're giving it (and. Church or any other group of people) their 'moment in the sun' as it were? lending credence to the story.... let it lie honestly IMO- It's not worth retting riled up over. If you like Garth you like Garth- if you like Church you like Church- if one's a tool one's a tool. if one's a dinosaur one's a dinosaur. there are reasons that support both sides (at least to their fans)...

kinda does show though that there's def. a bit of an anti garth 'bias' or 'wave' or 'segment' of the country music fandom.. maybe he'll be a bit more open to adapting after the backlash.. (ehh who are we kidding- of course he won't.. )
    Of course that one of us is myself.

Im of the mindset, that you get to have your say.

At the school I went to there was this kid who was over weight and he was bullied thru the school year, the teacher we had was useless, (he spent a lot of his time hitting
    on one female student) now his reaction to the bully was to make the bully the center of attention, so we all got to hear the bully's stories all day, every day (I guess the
    teacher thought he was diverting attention away from the bully's attention) but it didnt work.

Other students went up to the bully, but he wouldnt stop.

Every day , he would pull this kids chair out, among other things.

Near the end of the year, the over weight kid, the one that was bullied had enough, he grabbed his school bag
    and whacked the bully in the face.

Our teacher then decided, this was the time to send them both to the principal.

The bully never bullied that kid again.

My point is sometimes you have to fight back/react.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 11-18-2019 at 06:07 PM.

Brett you need to understand this is not a serious situation. Just learn to let things go. I highly doubt he cares what Eric Church think so why should you?

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    Brett you need to understand this is not a serious situation. Just learn to let things go. I highly doubt he cares what Eric Church think so why should you?
    That may be true, maybe its a cultural thing, I know its not a serious situation, but in NewZealand, if someone is a dick, we say something.

Of course that one of us is myself.

Im of the mindset, that you get to have your say.
    Well I wasn't referring to you specifically, Brett, there are multiple people on PG and in the garth fandom but yes you were one who I recognized..

At the school I went to there was this kid who was over weight and he was bullied thru the school year, the teacher we had was useless, (he spent a lot of his time hitting
    on one female student) now his reaction to the bully was to make the bully the center of attention, so we all got to hear the bully's stories all day, every day (I guess the
    teacher thought he was diverting attention away from the bully's attention) but it didnt work.

Other students went up to the bully, but he wouldnt stop.

Every day , he would pull this kids chair out, among other things.

Near the end of the year, the over weight kid, the one that was bullied had enough, he grabbed his school bag
    and whacked the bully in the face.

Our teacher then decided, this was the time to send them both to the principal.

The bully never bullied that kid again.

My point is sometimes you have to fight back/react.
    You do have to fight back sometimes- That I'd agree with -(and if I'd done as a 7th grader I'd not have been tormented the entire year- OR, I'd have beat the crap out of someone- wasn't and still am not into fighting though).. however.. This is far from bullying.... This is 2 times (that we have 'documented' of one person whining about someone else, or trying to play to their fans who may have the same feelings about him. His (Eric Church's) grapes are extremely sour... But it's really not THAT big of a deal in the end.. Garth would be far better off to just ignore the troll and let him continue to chase Garth's level of success

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

That may be true, maybe its a cultural thing, I know its not a serious situation, but in NewZealand, if someone is a dick, we say something.
    Have you seen the attitudes of some in America? be they right OR left .. there are some who def. follow that sentiment (If someone is a d@@@ they say something)... for that matter, have you ever watched people on the road here? that def. happens. it's NOT a cultural thing..

There ARE some who would like to have a world where everyone plays nice with each other and there is never any conflict and everyone gets to play and win and get ribbons etc... but that isn't realism.... not in our world

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Have you seen the attitudes of some in America? be they right OR left .. there are some who def. follow that sentiment (If someone is a d@@@ they say something)... for that matter, have you ever watched people on the road here? that def. happens. it's NOT a cultural thing..

There ARE some who would like to have a world where everyone plays nice with each other and there is never any conflict and everyone gets to play and win and get ribbons etc... but that isn't realism.... not in our world
    I guess its the same all over the world!

+ Reply to Thread